Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 02:32:23 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Beowulf « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Beowulf  (Read 52444 times)
Metal Misfit
New Visitor

« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2008, 10:59:52 PM »

It's been years since I've seen this, but I did so on a recommendation from a friend. I thought it was decent.
WilliamWeird1313
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Bad taste is just an acquired taste!!!

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2008, 02:32:57 PM »

Oh, man! I've got to see this! Chainsaw swords? Christopher Lambert with horrible-looking bleached blond hair? And smokin' hot Rhona Mitra doing what she does best (i.e., being smokin' hot)? I can't believe this isn't already in my D.V.D. collection!

"On a mountain of skulls in a castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood. What was will be, what is will be no more. Now is the season of evil." - Vigo (former Carpathian warlord and one-time Slayer lyric-writer)
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2008, 02:50:55 PM »

Oh, man! I've got to see this! Chainsaw swords? Christopher Lambert with horrible-looking bleached blond hair? And smokin' hot Rhona Mitra doing what she does best (i.e., being smokin' hot)? I can't believe this isn't already in my D.V.D. collection!

Danger! Danger! Will Robinson... TeddyR

Neville
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2008, 02:53:11 PM »

It's been years since I've seen this, but I did so on a recommendation from a friend. I thought it was decent.

Well, let's say Christopher Lambert has done even worse movies. But this a decent movie? Not in my book, at least.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2008, 02:58:32 PM »

Well, let's say Christopher Lambert has done even worse movies. But this a decent movie? Not in my book, at least.

I think if Christopher Lambert ever made a "decent" film, the universe would collapse  Buggedout

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2008, 07:27:28 PM »

Saw this a while back.  About the only thing I actually noticed was that the captain of the guards dude was in love with the cleavage chick, and she couldn't care less.  The guy, and her father, both get killed and then two minutes later she's chuckling about all the sex she's gonna be having with bleached blond guy.  Yeah...

Other than that, just about as dull an excuse as I've ever seen for a monster movie.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
WilliamWeird1313
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2008, 08:07:58 AM »

I think if Christopher Lambert ever made a "decent" film, the universe would collapse  Buggedout

Heh heh heh.

"On a mountain of skulls in a castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood. What was will be, what is will be no more. Now is the season of evil." - Vigo (former Carpathian warlord and one-time Slayer lyric-writer)
Neville

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2008, 10:00:19 AM »

IMHO the Universe is in no inmediate risk, then.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Bryan
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2009, 07:24:53 AM »

Huh, I rather liked this.  Hot chickie didn't hurt.  And I have a thing for outlandish weapons (just saw an article on SA about overkill modifications for weapons- a guy actually attached a chainsaw to an AR-15). 

Late night, nothing else on, I'll watch it.
WilliamWeird1313
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2009, 08:35:35 AM »

They take old legends and they jazz it up with new age poppycock whats on their minds besides LSD halucinations?

L.S.D. hallucinations make for the best effin' moves, dontcha know?

Flu-Bird
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2010, 12:56:25 AM »

Nothing worse then a movie that takes mythology and messes it all up with a mess
Dr. Whom

Cthulhu for president! Why choose the lesser evil?

« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2010, 02:21:57 AM »

Things I've learned from this movie:

Back flips are an important close combat technique
Border outposts are based on oil rig architecture
Vision slits in helmets are optional
Castles have a PA system, and doors that go 'woosh', just like the original USS Enterprise

"Once you get past a certain threshold, everyone's problems are the same: fortifying your island and hiding the heat signature from your fusion reactor."

Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! ... Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput.
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2010, 11:22:31 AM »

Danger! Danger! Will Robinson... TeddyR

Ever notice Rhona Mitra always looks likes she's angry.  Almost everything I've seen her in, she has this look of being slightly p**sed off. 

Haven't had a chance to see this all the way through.  It's been on Syfy a few times lately. 

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
Hellsingrulz
New Visitor

« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2011, 10:50:24 AM »

When I was a little kid (AKA when this movie came out) I was completely restriceted to Disney drivle that almost rivals the horror they put on now. This movie was a glorious breath of fresh air that was tapped on the worst television ever (giving the horrible special effects an even worse light) and carefully hidden away for days when that damn mouse came on again.

Now that I'm older though . . . GOD DANG THIS MOVIE SUCKED! The CGI is aweful, the characters were laughable, and the story line is so confusing it almost causes me physical pain to watch.

Point: when I was little and the best movie I'd ever seen was flippin' Power Rangers, this movie ruled. Now that it is far easier to get my hands on gory horror movies . . . I think a pices of my soul just withered and died.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Beowulf « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.