Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:10:14 AM
714230 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Fondue « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Fondue  (Read 3859 times)
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« on: September 03, 2007, 10:28:20 AM »

i went to a Fondue resteraunt called "the melting pot" last night.  No,  i actually didn't see austin powers or Disco Stu there, but we were a little early.  The place was f**k all expensive first of all.  A pot thing for two people is like 80 something dollars and there are three courses, luckily my rich sister picked up the tab. 

The first course was cheese.  you have a poker thing you put the bread on and dip it in the cheese.  The problem I had was  I didn't like the particular cheese we got that much, So I monopolized the other one.  They put to much stuff in it, like garlic and shalots and stuff.  I didn't like the way it smelled.

Next was the main course.  Again, i didn't like what our thing smelled like.  it had burgundy and mushrooms in it and smelled unpleasing.  so I again monopolized the other one.  You take some raw meat they give you and put it on the poker thing and cook it in the oil for a few minutes.  They have shrimp, chicken and other types of stuff to put on the things.  it was tedious and you ended up eating too much because you lost track of how much you ate.  or I did. 

The next course was very good.  it was chocolate and they gave you a bunch of stuff to dip it in.  can't go wrong with that.

and the whole thing took like 2 and half hours!!!
Mr_Vindictive
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2007, 10:36:56 AM »

I believe The Melting Pot to be a chain.  There is one in Myrtle Beach, SC where my wife and I often vacation.  I've always wanted to try the place, but that sounds too expensive for my taste.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2007, 11:16:29 AM »

the best bet would be to go just for dessert but I don't know if you can do that.
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2007, 11:38:36 AM »

With the exception of America most countries dinner meals can take a 2 or 3 hours and sometimes longer. Shoveling it in tends to be an American thing. In Asia dinner can take all evening as they may have many small courses spread out over 4 hours or so. Even Latin America takes longer dinners than we do, I tend to enjoy long dinners a little wine and good conversation. As opposed to eat and run, likely way we have the fattest country on earth.

The other night we had Fondue which is making a comeback it was huge in the 60's and 70's, I still have the fondue pot we had when I was a kid. 
The restaurant we went to this weekend had a fondue appetizer on the menu we ordered. It was a mix of Italian white cheeses with diced shrimp and scollop's in it. Frankly, I'd been thrilled if the bill had been only $80.

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2007, 12:49:33 PM »

I'd rather be boiled in the pot along with the scallops than spend another 3 hours with my family on a saturday night
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2007, 12:48:26 AM »

Meh, I prefer to do fondue with friends or family at someone's house rather than at a restaurant.  Maybe it's just me.  I rarely ever have the chance to actually eat the stuff, though.
Torgo

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2007, 10:43:10 PM »

I've had homemade Fondue but I've never gone to an actual Fondue restaurant before.

I have gotten back into eating Sushi though lately.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Raffine

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2007, 05:05:31 PM »

There seems to be some kind of law that fondue restaurants MUST have cutesy names like "The Melting Pot" and "Fondue-ly Yours".

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2007, 05:18:35 PM »

There seems to be some kind of law that fondue restaurants MUST have cutesy names like "The Melting Pot" and "Fondue-ly Yours".

Not many people would eat at a place called "Stick It In My Hot Cheese Pot."

Once you get into names involving the pot of melted chocolate, things get even worse.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
BTM

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2007, 07:49:14 PM »

Not many people would eat at a place called "Stick It In My Hot Cheese Pot."

Once you get into names involving the pot of melted chocolate, things get even worse.

HAHA!  Good one!  Karma for you!

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Fondue « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.