Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:43:39 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  5 Parasites You Could Do Without « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 5 Parasites You Could Do Without  (Read 5848 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: September 04, 2007, 04:38:04 PM »

In the world of parasites, these are the worst.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/LIVING/personal/08/31/houseguests.hell/index.html

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2007, 06:10:24 PM »

Yes, but anyone of them would make for a great movie.

One of my favorite  parasites is one that is found in stagnant bodies of water. Such as some of those found in Africa. Therefore, when you are in Africa, you want to watch where you urinate. The parasite follows the urine stream up into the uretha, where it then makes itself at home. And the only way to get ride of the parasite, is to go up into the uretha and cut it out.
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2007, 06:31:54 PM »

One of my favorite  parasites is one that is found in stagnant bodies of water. Such as some of those found in Africa. Therefore, when you are in Africa, you want to watch where you urinate. The parasite follows the urine stream up into the uretha, where it then makes itself at home. And the only way to get ride of the parasite, is to go up into the uretha and cut it out.

It is not a solid stream when you urinate, it's broken. Even if it was this would have to be one fast swimming parasite to swim upstream faster than the current going down stream.

Now there is a very small pin fish in the Amazon that looks for opening on your body if you are in the water. Getting one up your bum or tallywacker is not unheard of. I can't recall the name right now.

Snivelly
Bad Movie Lover

....a heady mix of ignorance and enthusiasm.

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2007, 07:14:16 PM »

It is not a solid stream when you urinate, it's broken. Even if it was this would have to be one fast swimming parasite to swim upstream faster than the current going down stream.

Now there is a very small pin fish in the Amazon that looks for opening on your body if you are in the water. Getting one up your bum or tallywacker is not unheard of. I can't recall the name right now.

It's the candiru, if I spelled that right.

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't the sport for you.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2007, 10:03:10 PM »

Foreign nightmares are bad enough, but did you ever try getting rid of HEAD LICE!!!!

Those are the true parasites from hell!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2007, 11:43:26 PM »

Foreign nightmares are bad enough, but did you ever try getting rid of HEAD LICE!!!!

Those are the true parasites from hell!

Not if you're bald.

Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2007, 02:10:34 AM »

Yeah, the candiru is an unpleasant fish.  Peeing in the Amazon (while swimming) was one of the most disconcerting things I've done.  It had to be done, of course.

After watching the Futurama where Fry gets worms that proceed to enact vast improvements on his body, I figured on a sci-fi scenario where people were infected with a mostly beneficial parasite.  The parasite would become a mainstay of life, in fact, these people would feel bad for others who did not have the parasite and would seek to share it with them.  Then I thought that a lot of human belief systems worked this way.

It was also then I decided that even in science fiction scenarios I am far too didactic for my own good.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2007, 11:11:29 AM »

I had one of my Marines pick up something nasty overseas.  He started having problems and it turned out he was experiencing liver and kidney failure.  They couldn't pinpoint the cause, so they treated him with a cocktail of stuff that targeted different parasites.  It appeared to work.  He recovered and, last I spoke to him (I've transferred since then) he was doing fine.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
IzzyDedjet
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2007, 11:22:21 AM »

The worst parasites of all tho are, in no particular order:

Lawyers
reporters
a brother in law
fleas
ticks
mosquitoes
politicians
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2007, 02:33:24 PM »

It's the candiru, if I spelled that right.

Yes, you are right, Snivelly, it is the candiru. And I don't want to get personal, but when I urinate, it is a solid stream. Of course, when you are in an area that features the candiru, you only have to worry about urinating when bathing, as urinating from the shore or a boat seems safe enough.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  5 Parasites You Could Do Without « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.