Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:32:51 AM
713383 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  CILF (Cartoons I'd like to $%#) « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: CILF (Cartoons I'd like to $%#)  (Read 29978 times)
BoyScoutKevin
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2007, 04:13:28 PM »

Click my sig, mate :)

Clicked it! Thanks!
DistantJ
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2007, 09:59:04 AM »

Actually, I think that this happens in "Wicked City."
Sounds about right to me.

Quote from: Inyarear
I hope you'll understand when I say the limits of my tolerance for such things would be Perfect Blue
Perfect Blue is definitely a great movie. What I always think about it though is that it could easily be live action - it doesn't really make any use of the animation, kind of like the way the older Simpsons episodes could easily have been a live action sitcom. So Perfect Blue doesn't have that messed up "anime magic" in there - but it's nonetheless a great movie.

...I still can't make a lot of sense out of it though.
Inyarear
Bad Movie Lover

Slimo! Slimo! Slimo!

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2007, 09:22:32 PM »

Perfect Blue is definitely a great movie. What I always think about it though is that it could easily be live action - it doesn't really make any use of the animation, kind of like the way the older Simpsons episodes could easily have been a live action sitcom. So Perfect Blue doesn't have that messed up "anime magic" in there - but it's nonetheless a great movie.

...I still can't make a lot of sense out of it though.

It's my understanding that Perfect Blue actually was actually going to be a live-action movie until the studio making it realized it could be made as an animated film for less money. (I'm guessing the special effects budget was the sticking point.) This did make it more immediately accessible to the growing audience of American anime watchers, though.

I think exactly what happened in Perfect Blue was deliberately left a bit ambiguous, since the movie was about how confused Mima was about her own identity. Either way, the conclusion to the story is pretty chilling, because either explanation suggests something really dreadful:

1. Some part of Mima's soul really did break off from her and get into other people, driving them to murder people who had wronged her; now this doppelganger is in almost total control of Rumi at the mental hospital, with Rumi's psychiatrists mistakenly believing her to have a split personality. If this is the case, the doppelganger may escape from Rumi at any time and go on another murderous rampage.

2. Mima actually has a split personality herself, and one of her personalities committed a murder of which the other personality is ignorant, having attributed the murder to Rumi and her similarly split personality. Certainly Rumi (and the crazed fan Mimania) did commit some of the murders, but Mima is mistaken about her own identity, her other self is a murderer still at large, and more people may die at her hand.

Of course, whichever explanation is the right one, the movie's main message also holds true: being a celebrity sucks!
DistantJ
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2007, 08:15:38 AM »

Hahah, option 1 sounds best to me.

By the way, they did do a live action version of Perfect Blue as well, though I heard it's not as good, and I guess you're right, if it wasn't animated I probably never would have watched it.

Did you know that the guy behind "Pi" bought remake rights to the whole movie of Perfect Blue just so that he could use one scene? In his movie "Requiem for a Dream", Jennifer Conelly recreates the same "screaming in the bath" scene almost exactly.
Wicked Nick
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2007, 05:44:46 AM »

From Inyarear:
Then too, I've heard there are some hentai (NC-17) cartoons in which sexual stuff is used to amplify horror and disgust instead of for prurient appeal. I read about one hentai movie, for example, in which there was this demonic female humanoid with a pair of carnivorous mandibles where an ordinary woman's reproductive organs are supposed to be. To make things worse, she later transforms into a huge spider-like creature and swallows a lecherous guy whole... with her mandibles... down there.

That was definatly Wicked City, there is also a woman in there who turns into a giant vagina. Other sick animes are the La blue girl and Cool Devices series, but thats getting into the japanese weird obsission with rape, bondage and extreme S&M.
Oh and does anyone else remeber the sexy mink charector ( can't remeber her name) from  Animaniacs. When I was a kid I had a weird crush on charector.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2007, 05:47:55 AM by Wicked Nick » Logged

Ph-nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
IzzyDedjet
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2007, 09:06:45 AM »

From Inyarear:
Then too, I've heard there are some hentai (NC-17) cartoons in which sexual stuff is used to amplify horror and disgust instead of for prurient appeal. I read about one hentai movie, for example, in which there was this demonic female humanoid with a pair of carnivorous mandibles where an ordinary woman's reproductive organs are supposed to be. To make things worse, she later transforms into a huge spider-like creature and swallows a lecherous guy whole... with her mandibles... down there.

That was definatly Wicked City, there is also a woman in there who turns into a giant vagina. Other sick animes are the La blue girl and Cool Devices series, but thats getting into the japanese weird obsission with rape, bondage and extreme S&M.
Oh and does anyone else remeber the sexy mink charector ( can't remeber her name) from  Animaniacs. When I was a kid I had a weird crush on charector.

Minerva Mink?
DistantJ
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2007, 12:00:42 PM »

Hey she is pretty hot
Jason
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2007, 01:02:14 PM »

Daphne from Scooby Doo has to be near the top of the list, surely?

Oh, and Wilma Flintstone.

Both redheads, strangely.

"Being grown up isn't half as fun as growing up" - Kris Roe, The Ataris
IzzyDedjet
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2007, 11:34:59 PM »

Maybe I'm weird, but Lois, from The Family Guy is kinda hot.  So is Elasti-Girl from The Incredibles.  Maybe it's just me
the guyver
Dedicated Viewer

RAT! RAT! RAT! RAT!

« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2007, 02:56:42 PM »

I'm a sucker for redheads!!!

hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot
Jason
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2007, 03:00:11 PM »

Yeah, what is it with cartoon redheads?

I don't normally find redheaded women that attractive (with the exception of the girlfriend, of course...), but for some reason most redheaded cartoon women seem to be smoking hot, and most brunette cartoons tend to look like Velma!

Raffine
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2007, 03:44:53 PM »

Two words: no pants.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Jason
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2007, 04:09:41 PM »

BounceGiggleBounceGiggleBounceGiggle

Hawt.

IzzyDedjet
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2007, 01:18:41 AM »

I'm a sucker for redheads!!!

hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot

I'll see your redhead and raise you a redhead.
Jason
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2007, 01:23:56 AM »

Buggedout good grief... I think I need some alone time!  Twirling

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  CILF (Cartoons I'd like to $%#) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.