Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 07:43:58 AM
714255 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I've finally turned a complete 360... « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: I've finally turned a complete 360...  (Read 7451 times)
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Jesus H. Chelios!

« on: September 05, 2007, 05:58:41 AM »

With the wait for more great Wii games extending till November (MARIO GALAXY!) and December (SUPER SMASH BROS. BRAWL!) and no interest in playing Metroid Prime 3 until I beat the first two (which could take a while considering I don't often play fps titles and haven't even started Prime 2 yet...) I spent some inheritance money on a new XBox360 Core system, a used 13 gig hard drive, a second controller and barely used copies of Lego Star Wars 2, Dead Rising and Elder Scrolls: Oblivion. I figure the thing's only $30 more than a Wii right now, plus the cache of cheaper used games is so much more readily available (because some people buy the game, download all the info onto their computer, then sell the like-new disc to recoup a few bucks within 24 hours)... so if I disappear from the board for days or weeks at a time, everybody knows why...  TeddyR

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2007, 05:26:29 PM »

I think you will love Oblivion, if only for its graphics.  The Mainquest story line is not as good as the one in Morrowind, but it is still entertaining.  Both the Thieves Guild and Fighters Guild quest lines are great, as is the Dark Brotherhood if you're into assassinations.  BTW, the Shivering Isles Expansion is a blast, too.  Sheogorath is a hoot!!!!!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
DistantJ
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2007, 07:33:09 PM »

I had an Xbox 360 for a while. Naturally, Oblivion was AMAZING but I didn't play much else on it. I played Perfect Dark Zero and Kameo a lot, and some Quake 4, but in the end I got rid of the thing because I don't spend so much time on videogames anymore and games themselves are getting harder and harder and need much more skill and dedication which I don't have (Gears of War I hated because I got so frustrated and angry, I never swore so much in my life!), so I sold it off and got a Nintendo Wii instead, and I love the thing.

The Xbox 360 was still great, though. I wouldn't mind being able to play Oblivion again someday but I ain't paying that much. PC upgrade perhaps.

Oh, and like Indiana Smith said, Shivering Isles is awesome.
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2007, 09:54:16 PM »

Okay, so, I've been playing Oblivion for two days now, and here's what I've accomplished so far:
-created myself as an Argonian (lizard man) named Anubis who was born under the sign of the Shadow (I can turn invisible once a day) and specializes in the customized warrior class known as the "Motherf*cker"
-joined the Mage and Fighters guilds
-joined the Thieves guild and promptly took every material possession from several chapters of both the Mage and Fighters guilds before promptly fencing them to my new friends in the Thieves guild
-purchased a run down shack in a riverside shanty town for 2000 gold
-proceeded to decorate the floor of my shack with pick-axes, sickles, a scythe, and numerous skulls, rib cages, pelvises and random bones as well as slabs of rat meat...
-been approached by authority figures for theft, breaking & entering, and assault seven times
-resisted arrest for theft, breaking & entering, and assault seven times
-was killed for resisting arrest twice, escaping into the surrounding forests the other five times
-stole a city guard's horse, rode it into a river and left it there
-killed four minotaurs and took their horns to sell
-was killed by a unicorn who was immune to my weak magical attacks and limp-wristed short-sword attacks
-cleared out several dens of goblins and imps
-killed a gang of marauders who were setting up a base of operations in an abandoned fort, rewarding myself with their impressive supply of cheap wine, half of which I sold and half of which I drank
-undressed each of the marauders and left their clothes in neatly folded piles next to their bodies like some kind of serial killer...
-attempted to kill a little bald weapons shop owner so I could make his store the base for my plans of world conquest... unsuccessfully... six times
-broke up a grave-digging crime wave with the help of my faithful sidekick the summoned skeleton I refer to as "Herb"
-dabbled in alchemy... then quickly sold my alchemy tools in an attempt to buy a $4000 sword

I did some other stuff, but these are the highlights. I think I've lost 10 hours or more of my life to this game already...  Buggedout

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2007, 10:26:18 PM »

All that and you're not even on the main quest yet!!!!  Hee hee . . . .

BTW, if you want to really level up and enjoy the thing, you need to acquire two artifacts -

the reusable soul gem called Azura's star

and a magical sword named Umbra.

You have so much fun ahead of you!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2007, 05:46:20 AM »

I know Indy, I think I literally spent 100 or more hours just exploring and leveling up in Morrowind without even bothering with the main quest. Of course, by the time I did get to the main quest, I was cleaving my path with a huge ebony claymore enchanted with the ability to set people on fire, steal their lifeforce, drain their endurance and paralyze them in place while it was happening, as well as a big warhammer that shot blasts of lightning and made me faster and stronger while I was equipped with it. I named them Stormbringer and Mjolnir respectively and embraced my geek side with reckless abandon.  TeddyR

Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2007, 08:08:12 AM »

I've been considering either building a new gaming PC or getting a 360 for a while now.  I think I've finally settled on the 360.  It seems that whenever a good title gets released on the PC, it's also on the 360.  That way, I'm able to buy the 360 and not have to upgrade it every few months as I would a gaming rig.

I'll probably wait till around the holidays to pick one up.  Hopefully the price will drop by then.  I'm buying a 22" HDTV for our bedroom this weekend so I'll probably get the 360 Premium just for the new HDMI output and the newer, cooler, low profile processors.  I'm considering picking up the add-on HD-DVD drive as well just to see how good HD-DVD actually is.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
dean

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2007, 09:29:09 AM »

I'm considering picking up the add-on HD-DVD drive as well just to see how good HD-DVD actually is.

Oh it'll be good if the TV is good.  We had Blu Ray playing at work the other day and it's very nice...  Not really essential but hey, if you can go the quality why not?

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2007, 11:50:02 AM »

Hey Anubis...

If you've got Xbox Live, feel free to add me as a friend.
My Gamertag is ASHTHECAT3.
Spelled just like that in all caps.

You'll have to add me soon though because my Xbox Live time will expire on Sunday Sept. 9th.
Don't worry, I plan to get a new timecard next week sometime and renew it.

Mofo Rising is on my friends list and he & I have already spoken through voice chat.

I look forward to hearing from you.   Smile
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2007, 02:32:02 PM »

Hey Anubis...

If you've got Xbox Live, feel free to add me as a friend.
My Gamertag is ASHTHECAT3.
Spelled just like that in all caps.

You'll have to add me soon though because my Xbox Live time will expire on Sunday Sept. 9th.
Don't worry, I plan to get a new timecard next week sometime and renew it.

Mofo Rising is on my friends list and he & I have already spoken through voice chat.

I look forward to hearing from you.   Smile

Groovy Ash, thanks for the invite! I'm not on Live yet and truth be told I'm not a very social gamer (too many hyper 14 year olds who like to throw slurs around for my liking), but I'm finding myself interested in trying out, so if I do you'll be the first to know.  Thumbup

AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2007, 08:36:50 PM »

Okay, it's officially the end of my first week cruising the lands of Oblivion. As it stands right now, I've played for over 25 hours and here's where I currently stand:

- I'm a member of the Mages Guild, the Thieves Guild, the Fighters Guild and the Dark Brotherhood (i.e. the Assassins Guild)
- I've killed something like 50 goblins, 25 vampires, 18 wolves, 12 ghosts, 7 pirates, two minotaurs, an ogre and any number of mud crabs
- I've taken down four city guards and hocked their armor at a second hand shop
- I've uncovered a number of enchanted items with fantastic powers that I also hocked at the same second hand shop
- I've killed the second hand store owner and was disappointed to find that the contents of his shop were mostly junk and bags of flour... I miss the days of Morrowind when the shop keepers would actually retain all of the items you sold them so when you killed them you could take all your stuff back and sell it to someone else...
- I've purchased a number of cool summon, healing and destruction spells that I'm currently unable to use because my spellcasting level is still too friggin' low...
- I spent something like $2500 to decorate and furnish a moldly old beggar's shack that I paid $2000 for...
- I killed an old man by dropping a decorative minotaur head on him, then got my ass handed to me by his beefy bodyguard when I tried to pickpocket the brute while he was checking on his now dead ex-employer
- Oh yeah, and I'm not only a lizardman now, but a vampire lizardman, as I was infected by vampirism and didn't realize it until my skin turned pink and white and I suddenly have the eyes of a human crackhead... It's cool to get the additional magic powers and stat increases, but if I don't feed on anyone for days at a time, I start to get really gaunt and hideous and no one will talk to me. Apparently there's a cure for vampirism, but I don't think I'm anywhere near that part of the game yet...

« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 08:38:33 PM by AnubisVonMojo » Logged

indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2007, 11:24:07 PM »

I returned to the world of Oblivion today, after I had given it a break for a month and half to play Warcraft III from start to finish again.

Listen, if you'll go ahead and do the first part of the mainquest, you will soon find Oblivion gates opening all over the land . . . there are a total of 93 of them, and the planes of Oblivion ROCK!!  If you are into dark, hellish imagery and killing tons of grotesque monsters, you will love it!  The ambience of the Oblivion towers is one of the truly well-done aspects of the game.  Not to mention the Sigil Stones enable you to make cool enchanted weapons and armor.

BlackAngel75
Bad Movie Lover

eject...eject

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2007, 01:41:10 AM »

You may not have much experience with fps, but I will recommend one game I'm getting into right now, BioShock.

We all know Bill is a little nuts, but George has actually tasted them.
-Betty White at the William Shatner Roast
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2007, 07:16:23 AM »

You may not have much experience with fps, but I will recommend one game I'm getting into right now, BioShock.

I second BlackAngel75's recommendation of Bioshock.  I have played a bit of it on my PC.  Seriously unique.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2007, 07:52:18 AM »

I've been thinking about buying Bioshock.  It looks totally badass!

Check out this cool video review:

http://www.gamespot.com/video/931329/6177093/bioshock-video-review- Small | Large
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I've finally turned a complete 360... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.