Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:55:22 AM
713386 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  CARNAGE (1984) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CARNAGE (1984)  (Read 4133 times)
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: September 01, 2007, 07:28:45 AM »

This movie is included in Mill Creek's NIGHT SCREAMS 50 MOVIE PACK

By most standards, this is a really terrible movie.  However, it was written and directed by Andy Milligan and it is easily the highest quality movie he ever made (which isn't saying much, because it's still pathetic).

Newlyweds move into a house that is being haunted by the spirits of its former owners, a young couple who committed suicide.  The ghostly couple appear occasionally through the magic of turning the camera off, having the actor step onto the set, and then turning the camera back on so that the actor seems to appear suddenly from nowhere.  The ghosts laugh in cheesy, echoing voices.  I guess this is supposed to be scary.  After awhile, people start to get killed.  Deaths include:

* One of the most unconvincing disembowelments ever filmed.

* A guy is electrocuted when a radio falls into the bathtub.  When he gets jolted by the electricity, his body lurches several inches out of the bath water and you can clearly see that he is wearing a pair of dark bikini briefs.

* A woman is decapitated by a floating axe and her dummy head rolls down the stairs.

Good for a few laughs, but not much else.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Ozzymandias
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2007, 10:01:24 PM »

Ozzymandias speaks: My problem was it was Andy Milligan enough. It was like a JOhn Ford film without Monument Valley or a Hitchcock film with out a attractive blonde.

No overacting.
No flaming gay actors.
No boiled egg "eyeballs"
No pitch forks through the neck - or I don't remember it.
The Valentino cue the Milligan used in most of his films in not in this one.
No 18th century clothes.
No goofy looking designer creations

If this was a student film, this would be considered a good job. Even for Milligan this is good. However I prefer the goofiness of Guru the Mad Monk or Rats Are Commin the Werewolves Are Here.

Ozzymandias has spoken!!!
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2007, 10:06:00 PM »

Burgomaster your in a movie slump.  BounceGiggle

Watching DUNGEON OF HARROW (1962) and CARNAGE (1984) back to back. Take 2 days off and get back to us in the morning.  That was some rough viewing my friend, but don't worry this happens to all of us ocassionally.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2007, 10:10:57 PM by Scott » Logged

Raffine

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2007, 11:38:06 PM »

One of the burglars does get a pitchfork through the neck. He's the one who's guts get pulled out by the ghostly strings. All those other distinct Milligan touches (I'd add the "twirl camera" effect and sexual perverts to the list) are sadly missing. There are some bloody mannequin hands and heads, though.

This is certainly Milligan's most polished and expensive film, costing a whopping $30,000! There seem to be scenes that are actually edited, as opposed to his usual practice of letting the camera roll as his "actors" scream at each other at the top of their lungs. Some of the cast appear to be professional actors, but I'm guessing there are still a few of the prostitutes, street people, and sexual degenerates in the cast that usually populate his movies. According to the Milligan bio The Ghastly One one of the actors was wanted by the FBI at the time the film was made for bombing several abortion clinics.

The looped dog bark was a nice touch.

MONSTROSITY, which was made just a couple of years later, is actually looks more amateurish than his early films. That one almost impossible for me to watch, and I like the early works  like THE GHASTLY ONES, TORTURE DUNGEON, and GURU THE MAD MONK.

Here's something interesting: Amazon has several used copies of the long OOP DVD release of BLOODTHIRSTY BUTCHERS/THE RATS ARE COMING! THE WEREWOLVES ARE HERE! for sale for almost $700.00! I guess the upcoming Tim Burton version of SWEENEY TODD has made this a collector's item. I've got one I'll sell ya for a mere $500.00.
Or to the highest bidder.  TeddyR
« Last Edit: September 01, 2007, 11:47:06 PM by Raffine » Logged

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Ozzymandias
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2007, 10:54:23 PM »

One of the burglars does get a pitchfork through the neck. He's the one who's guts get pulled out by the ghostly strings. All those other distinct Milligan touches (I'd add the "twirl camera" effect and sexual perverts to the list) are sadly missing. There are some bloody mannequin hands and heads, though.

This is certainly Milligan's most polished and expensive film, costing a whopping $30,000! There seem to be scenes that are actually edited, as opposed to his usual practice of letting the camera roll as his "actors" scream at each other at the top of their lungs. Some of the cast appear to be professional actors, but I'm guessing there are still a few of the prostitutes, street people, and sexual degenerates in the cast that usually populate his movies. According to the Milligan bio The Ghastly One one of the actors was wanted by the FBI at the time the film was made for bombing several abortion clinics.

The looped dog bark was a nice touch.

MONSTROSITY, which was made just a couple of years later, is actually looks more amateurish than his early films. That one almost impossible for me to watch, and I like the early works  like THE GHASTLY ONES, TORTURE DUNGEON, and GURU THE MAD MONK.

Here's something interesting: Amazon has several used copies of the long OOP DVD release of BLOODTHIRSTY BUTCHERS/THE RATS ARE COMING! THE WEREWOLVES ARE HERE! for sale for almost $700.00! I guess the upcoming Tim Burton version of SWEENEY TODD has made this a collector's item. I've got one I'll sell ya for a mere $500.00.
Ozzymandias speaks: Yes, there is a pitch fork, but no swirl or perverted types. These people are not the trained NY actors (Borske, Flannigan or Stansbury), probably people from nowhere.

I have one of the Bloodthirsty Butcher/Rats Are Coming Werewolves Are Here.

Ozzymandias has spoken!!!
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2007, 11:23:42 PM »

DAMN! Why is it so expensive?!

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
Raffine

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2007, 12:19:51 PM »

DAMN! Why is it so expensive?!

Beats me. Both are terrible, edited-for-televison prints.

But I will sell you mine for 500 bucks.

C'mon... you KNOW you need to own this!  BounceGiggle

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  CARNAGE (1984) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.