Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:51:59 AM
713335 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Do you Video Upload? « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Do you Video Upload?  (Read 17076 times)
Inyarear
Bad Movie Lover

Slimo! Slimo! Slimo!

« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2007, 01:03:09 PM »

I have an account on YouTube, and yes, I've uploaded a few. I haven't put up very much, but I did make and upload this number:

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Quqobmd2fF4

Gotta admit, making this kind of music video isn't as fun as it used to be back before there was YouTube, though. The sheer level of social background noise on the internet these days threatens to overwhelm everything.

On the upside, all this background noise does tend to make keeping one's head down a lot easier. When I look at the retarded comments flying back and forth on YouTube, I often wonder "Who WANTS to be seen and admired by more of these people?"

I have been thinking of uploading something about 9/11, though, just so I can ban a million morons from ever commenting on my stuff again. (That's the easy way to do it. One random "9/11 truth" video I saw posted had about 22,000 comments.)
Susan
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2007, 05:30:23 PM »

where did the music score come from on your video? Well done.

yeah the only reason people seem to comment there is to be seen. have you tried metacafe? Apparently my videos suck there, aren't well liked but it's nice to know more people see them than youtube. Guess it's fitting as a badmovies fan i make bad videos.

except, embarassingly enough, my CAT has managed to get over 600 views in a few hours with the highest rating of ALL my videos. And i made little effort to cut together this little homage to mia as i didn't have much video of her to use.

Damn cat.

check her out Small | Large

Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2007, 09:13:48 PM »

Here are a couple things I put together recently. This first one is of a recent trip to Ocean City. A video I hadn't finished yet and probably won't. Was going to add some narration, but didn't.

[youtube=425,350]http://youtube.com/watch?v=snMVwl7R3yA

Here is a trip we took yesterday to Saint John Neumanns Shrine in Philadelphia.

[youtube=425,350]http://youtube.com/watch?v=M34nvfqs7W4

Susan
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2007, 09:26:49 PM »

whjile it would take a lot of work it would be funny to put random audio samples from movies in various scenes along with the music ;-)
Inyarear
Bad Movie Lover

Slimo! Slimo! Slimo!

« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2007, 10:10:50 PM »

where did the music score come from on your video? Well done.

That's "Walk With Me" by the Seekers. I've got an old LP with that one on it from my folks, but I didn't feel like going through all the bother of recording it into the computer, so I just downloaded a backup of it from the internet.

yeah the only reason people seem to comment there is to be seen. have you tried metacafe? Apparently my videos suck there, aren't well liked but it's nice to know more people see them than youtube. Guess it's fitting as a badmovies fan i make bad videos.

except, embarassingly enough, my CAT has managed to get over 600 views in a few hours with the highest rating of ALL my videos. And i made little effort to cut together this little homage to mia as i didn't have much video of her to use.

As I say, the background noise is everywhere. It's just too bad there aren't more filters available to help weed out all the bozos you meet online.

Your rating's up to over 1,000 views as of this writing, by the way; not bad for a few cute kitty tricks. I don't think your videos really suck, actually; it's just that there are about a million others just like them, as there are for mine. Virtually everybody likes pets, so it's not so surprising you can get ratings like that for this kind of video. What always strikes me odd is seeing how many hits you can get for videos about some completely random and uncontroversial subject, as in this example.

As I tell people sometimes, the most significant effect the internet has had on our culture and cultures everywhere has been that it has put all of human nature on display... ALL of it. These video uploading sites are a further extension of this effect.
Susan
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2007, 09:04:15 AM »

Thaks. I actually redid the kung fu video of my cat, the first one had too many 'random' shots. I put more kung fu shots in there. I was really suprised at one point when it was on page 2 for the highest rated videos of the week. LOL.  Let's see how the remake does

The videos I make amuse me, and maybe one other person out there. I spent a lot of time on the "I wanna be evil" and was quite proud of the final outcome. It was like some kooky old classic musical movie number or something..lol  Granted I did it all in my bedroom in the wee hours. I have insomnia

on metacafe i think that the number of hits is based on your thumbnail, i really do think that is what lures people to peek at your video. Besides the description. So if you were to put something totally random like "Naked boobies!" and have a pic of a girls face and the video is actually of joggers you would still probably end up making a ton of hits which could make you money. Unless people were to pay attention to the ratings..lol

I think it is interesting nevertheless that the internet has become an online diary of sorts for the whole world, reaching out to strangers to be noticed. It's also a great outlet for creative people who will normally NEVER get noticed by anyone except those in their personal life for their talents. those i really do enjoy.
CheezeFlixz
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2007, 09:28:00 AM »

What programs are you video clowns using to edit and compile your shorts? I think it'd be fun (and time consuming) to do, but I know I'd never have time to do it, unless I made 1 over a year or so.

Inyarear
Bad Movie Lover

Slimo! Slimo! Slimo!

« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2007, 11:45:33 AM »

What programs are you video clowns using to edit and compile your shorts? I think it'd be fun (and time consuming) to do, but I know I'd never have time to do it, unless I made 1 over a year or so.

Well, I've always made mine with VirtualDub, the Cool96 WAV editor, and DVD Decrypter. You chop the audio into as many parts as necessary, and then look for a clip from your footage that goes with each snippet. Once you've got a clip for each, you put them all together in sequence and dub in the full song. Maybe add a few special effects and some credits, and you're done.

It is rather labor-intensive and requires considerable focus, so yes, a music video can take a long time to produce. This particular one I made from The Nativity Story, however, took only a week; my church announced a talent show in just two weeks, and I didn't want to miss it, so even though I was going to school at the time, I found the time to make it. (The next week was spent arranging for a projector and screen on which to show it.)

The main difficulty is simply coming up with enough inspiration and perspiration to start the video and finish it, respectively. As with other creative endeavors, you have to expend some brain sweat.
Susan
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2007, 01:44:17 PM »

i use windows moviemaker. I've never done this before, it was fairly easy and not overly time consuming to do depending on the project.

It DOES however freeze up and crash constantly

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Do you Video Upload? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.