Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 12:36:39 PM
714158 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7732 Members
Latest Member: Larryfiste
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  2020 Texas Gladiators « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2020 Texas Gladiators  (Read 2571 times)
Safety Otter
« on: February 24, 2002, 01:19:27 AM »

Has anyone other than me ever see this movie.  It doesn't look like it takes place in the year 2020 or in Texas, and there are no Gladiators.  It's one of the funniest things I've ever seen.  Please tell me if anyone can share my pain.
BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2002, 05:21:25 PM »

Oh, yeah. One of my favorites under the category "It's so bad, it's good." Now follows a long story. Usually, I eat lunch at work, but one day, I went home for lunch.
And wanting to watch something on TV, I just happened to turn on the channel, which was showing this movie. Only saw about 30 minutes of it, but it, so intrigued me, that I later rented the video, so I could see it all the way through.
Probably the best thing the notorious Joe D'Amato has ever done. Even better then his "Ator, the Fighting Eagle" and its sequel "Blademaster." Though, that may not be saying much, as according to www.imdb.com, he has 42 different aliases, and his movies go straight to video, usually at the average of more then one a month.
I remember a couple of gory scenes from the film. In one, a nun tries to cut her throat with a piece of broken glass. (What is it with Italian Catholics and nuns?)  And in the other, a group of people are playing Russian roulette around a table, and one gets to see a man blow hs brains all over the light bulb above him.
There is one intriguing thing about the film. One does wonder whether Ken Russell saw or knew of this film, before he made his "Lair of the White Worm." Both have rape scenes that are quite similiar. One is the rape of a group of nuns. (What is it with Catholics and nuns?) And the other is the rape and murder of a teenage boy. Though, both scenes in Russell's film are far more graphic then those in D'Amato's.
Nathan
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2002, 10:51:01 AM »

You betcha, big daddy.

http://www.coldfusionvideo.com/0-9/2020texasgladiators.html

Nathan
alex eizenberg
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2002, 09:16:37 PM »

I feel your pain.  So bad...sooooo good....
Jay O'Connor
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2002, 11:14:48 AM »

Nathan

Given your tendancy toward post-apoc scfi-fi offerings, have you thought about taking a wack at American Cyborg: Steel Warrior?  I saw it this weekend and it seems right up your ally
Nathan
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2002, 11:41:55 AM »

It's on my list of roughly nine thousand movies to see and review before I die.  (You think I'm kidding.  I'm not.)

Nathan
Jay O'Connor
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2002, 12:05:45 PM »

I figured that was the case :)  Just wanted to bump it onto your radar
Nathan
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2002, 10:58:22 AM »

Oh, believe me, it's there.  A post-apoc directed by Boaz "Solar Force" Davidson, starring Joe "suckiest Tarzan ever" Lara?  Sounds like a B-Master's stocking stuffer.

Nathan
Jay O\'Connor
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2002, 11:55:50 AM »

Ahh..."Solar Force"  (what "Solar"?, what "Force"?)  That made it through my rotation one week when I ended up on a Micheal Pare kick for some reason
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  2020 Texas Gladiators « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.