Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:22:01 AM
713335 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies for Halloween « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Movies for Halloween  (Read 13727 times)
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2007, 01:40:48 PM »

When I'm home, I like to watch two or three of the classic Mummy movies, either from Universal or Hammer, sometimes a mix of both. Also usually wind up watching the original Halloween and the 1951 Thing From Another World.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2007, 09:23:23 PM »

When I'm home, I like to watch two or three of the classic Mummy movies, either from Universal or Hammer, sometimes a mix of both. Also usually wind up watching the original Halloween and the 1951 Thing From Another World.
And I imagine you watch THE THING FROM ANOTHER WORLD (1951 ~ one of my all-time favorites) after HALLOWEEN, embedded as the earlier film is in HALLOWEEN.  The best part of FORBIDDEN PLANET (a film I like and admire) is its appearance in HALLOWEEN... that music when the Boogie Man appears slowly loping down the driveway of the neighbor's house where we all know dead teenagers wait to be discovered...  In the last few weeks, I sat thru all of the original HALLOWEEN (1978) and though I have a few problems with that film (such as the so-obvious not-autumn time of year it was filmed) it still works; the film maintains my interest though I've looked at it more times than years since it's been been released... I can't tell you the stir this film caused when it was new, people were afraid to look at it, like they had been 5 years earlier with THE EXORCIST (1973)... and you can't compare other films that pre-date HALLOWEEN, because though THE LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT (1972) is a far more upsetting experience and TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE (1974) is the best of them all, and still unequaled (but perhaps only in initial impact) HALLOWEEN was the first significantly viable commerical success with the "slasher" genre.  Too many films antecedent are copies. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2007, 12:00:27 PM »

Generally, throughout the month of October, I watch various horror flicks that I have on dvd.  But for the actual Halloween day, if I'm not doing anything, I just get a marathon going.

Either:
Friday the 13th 1-8 and Jason X. (Don't have Jason Goes to Hell yet)
Nightmare on Elm Street 1-7.  (I've got the box set for this and Friday)
Child's Play box set

or

Hellraiser
Halloween
Evil Dead 2
IT
Cabin Fever
Saw

Or, I just mix and match, like watch Bride of Chucky, then IT, then Nightmare 5, then Friday part 8.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2007, 01:52:39 PM »

Lessee .. .  for Halloween -  JEEPERS CREEPERS, THE RING, and the old classic from the 80's, HELL NIGHT with Linda Blair . . . still a creepy film after all these years.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2007, 03:29:30 PM »

JEEPERS CREEPERS

Well, if you are looking for a genuinely creepy film (when you get down to it), that would be the one that makes my blood run cold.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2007, 04:36:36 PM »

Thanks Andrew!! Lots of folks laugh when I tell them that movie REALLY creeped me out . . . expecially when they drive by the old church and the Creeper is dumping those bodies down the shaft, and he fixes them with that unearthly stare . . . brrrrrr! Buggedout

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2007, 05:25:17 PM »

Thanks Andrew!! Lots of folks laugh when I tell them that movie REALLY creeped me out . . . expecially when they drive by the old church and the Creeper is dumping those bodies down the shaft, and he fixes them with that unearthly stare . . . brrrrrr! Buggedout

Ick, I actually mean the background story behind the writer/director and, once you put it all together, how creepy the script he wrote really is.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2007, 06:40:37 PM »

I havent done this yet, but the original CREEPSHOW seems like it would be a good one to watch after all the parties are over and the kiddies are in their beds late at night.

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
Susan
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2007, 06:54:47 PM »

I like it when halloween falls on a weekend, then I can REALLY enjoy myself.

But i always have to watch something like "Suspiria", "Dawn of the Dead", at least parts of Halloween (tho i'm halloweened out). I think this year I want to try a D Argento Movie i've never seen, like Tenenbrae or something. You could go with a theme and rent something like "Pumpkinhead". My favorite thing used to be to go to the video store and rent a horror movie i've never seen.

Of course, good luck in finding "Obscure" at the local Blockbuster  Lookingup
« Last Edit: September 16, 2007, 06:58:37 PM by Susan » Logged
Susan
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2007, 06:56:40 PM »

Btw, in the mood of halloween i'm sure i've posted this before but ENJOY!!!

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-1aui-wluE
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2007, 09:56:41 PM »

I enjoyed that Life & Death of a Pumpkin, Susan...  Thumbup

I thought of another oldie but a goodie that's perfect for Halloween night: 

CASTLE OF BLOOD (1964 ~ Danza Macabre) starring Barbara Steele

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2007, 10:51:56 PM »

I havent done this yet, but the original CREEPSHOW seems like it would be a good one to watch after all the parties are over and the kiddies are in their beds late at night.

Ah, my Halloween movies vary from year to year, but the original Creepshow is an annual tradition. Always enjoyed the horror anthologies, and that was one of the best. Another good one is Trilogy of Terror, but only for the last segment, with the Zuni doll.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Susan
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2007, 07:05:43 AM »

JEEPERS CREEPERS

Well, if you are looking for a genuinely creepy film (when you get down to it), that would be the one that makes my blood run cold.

The last half of the movie really didn't get me. What got me was when the guy was staring down into that long.....dark....pipe

sometimes the not knowing creeps me out most
D-Man
Bad Movie Lover

Only my head is tiny...

« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2007, 07:32:34 AM »

Alien: People classify this as sci-fi, I see it as a horror movie that happens to be in space.  It just inspires a great feeling of dread and claustrophobia throughout, perfect for Halloween.

Re-Animator: Great, whacked-out take on the whole "conquering death gone wrong" genre.  It's good, gruesome fun.  Just be sure you have strong stomach.

Demons: Great 80's horror flick I've watched on Halloween nights in the past.  You just can't go wrong with a guy riding around on a motorcycle, while slicing demons apart with a sword.  Fun, fun, fun.   TeddyR

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2007, 08:03:06 AM »

The last half of the movie really didn't get me. What got me was when the guy was staring down into that long.....dark....pipe

sometimes the not knowing creeps me out most

Same here. I thought Jeepers Creepers had so much potential early on, and then all the mystery vanished. We had a very traditional-looking demon, and in case that was still too mysterious, they threw in an old lady to tell us all about him in really clumsy fashion. The movie became a fairly ordinary and very silly slasher chase.

Watching the commercials, and seeing the first part of the movie, my imagination was working like crazy. Is this some kind of mutant? An escaped science experiment? A crazed hillbilly with powers? It had kind of an X-Files flavour about it. Then, "A demon with horns and wings? Give me a break!"

I agree with Andrew, Jeepers Creepers didn't scare me until I learned more about the director.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies for Halloween « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.