Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:56:37 AM
713350 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies for Halloween « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Movies for Halloween  (Read 13728 times)
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2007, 01:16:38 PM »

Thanks Andrew!! Lots of folks laugh when I tell them that movie REALLY creeped me out . . . expecially when they drive by the old church and the Creeper is dumping those bodies down the shaft, and he fixes them with that unearthly stare . . . brrrrrr! Buggedout

Ick, I actually mean the background story behind the writer/director and, once you put it all together, how creepy the script he wrote really is.

What kind of mess is the director involved in?

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
raj

« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2007, 02:54:13 PM »

I usually watch Sleepy Hollow.  Yes it's not a B or "bad" movie, but it is nice and creepy.  I'll also watch either Nosferatu or Phantom of the Opera.  But that's through October.  There's a good chance I'm at the dojo Halloween night.
Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?

It's neVer over!

« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2007, 03:17:41 PM »

Thanks Andrew!! Lots of folks laugh when I tell them that movie REALLY creeped me out . . . expecially when they drive by the old church and the Creeper is dumping those bodies down the shaft, and he fixes them with that unearthly stare . . . brrrrrr! Buggedout

Ick, I actually mean the background story behind the writer/director and, once you put it all together, how creepy the script he wrote really is.

What kind of mess is the director involved in?
He's apparently a pedophile, seems he touched a few kids in CLOWNHOUSE, and JEEPERS CREEPERS was an analogy for pedophilia.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2007, 03:20:17 PM by Mr. Briggs Inc. » Logged

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2007, 04:47:06 PM »

For an earlier discussion about Victor Salva and the scary stuff in "Jeepers Creepers," see this thread:

http://www.badmovies.org/forum/index.php/topic,20569.0.html

Specifically, starting with Squishy's post:

http://www.badmovies.org/forum/index.php/topic,20569.msg20591.html#msg20591

I hadn't a clue until Squishy and Chadzilla educated me.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Torgo

« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2007, 05:04:30 PM »

This particular year myself and some friends are going to watch Friday the 13th parts 1 through 8 all in a row.  If we have the stamina and brain matter left to watch Jason Goes to Hell, Jason X and Freddy Goes to Hell, we will.

But I think we're going to just keep it to the initial 8.  That's about 12 hours of Jason and mom right there!   Twirling   

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Evan
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2007, 06:34:45 PM »

Alien: People classify this as sci-fi, I see it as a horror movie that happens to be in space.  It just inspires a great feeling of dread and claustrophobia throughout, perfect for Halloween.

Re-Animator: Great, whacked-out take on the whole "conquering death gone wrong" genre.  It's good, gruesome fun.  Just be sure you have strong stomach.

Demons: Great 80's horror flick I've watched on Halloween nights in the past.  You just can't go wrong with a guy riding around on a motorcycle, while slicing demons apart with a sword.  Fun, fun, fun.   TeddyR

I really agree with you there. Demons is one of my favorite horror films and Re-Animator is also one of my favorites. I would also think Tim Burtons early film "Halloweenie" would be appropriate and fun. Another movie I might watch would be Umberto Lenzi's "Nightmare City".
RapscallionJones
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Grim & Frostbitten

« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2007, 11:26:25 AM »

Alien: People classify this as sci-fi, I see it as a horror movie that happens to be in space.  It just inspires a great feeling of dread and claustrophobia throughout, perfect for Halloween.

Re-Animator: Great, whacked-out take on the whole "conquering death gone wrong" genre.  It's good, gruesome fun.  Just be sure you have strong stomach.

Demons: Great 80's horror flick I've watched on Halloween nights in the past.  You just can't go wrong with a guy riding around on a motorcycle, while slicing demons apart with a sword.  Fun, fun, fun.   TeddyR

I really agree with you there. Demons is one of my favorite horror films and Re-Animator is also one of my favorites. I would also think Tim Burtons early film "Halloweenie" would be appropriate and fun. Another movie I might watch would be Umberto Lenzi's "Nightmare City".
I'm going to have to give Demons another spin.  I remember seeing the ad for it in the sunday papers and freaking out.  Awesome demon make-up.  Years later, I rented it and was completely disappointed.  I thought it was nonsensical but I also chalked it up to a domestic cut and maybe substantial portions of plot were missing from the version I saw.  I always wondered what the deal was with the guy in the mask at the beginning handing out tickets.  He disappears from the rest of the movie and then doesn't rear his head again until the end, completely out of the blue.  My tastes have changed substantially since then, though, and I have a crazy streak in me that can appreciate random weirdness and I don't think it gets any weirder than this one:  case in point, a helicopter randomly crashes through the theater roof!

As for Nightmare City, if that's the movie I'm thinking of, you have quite a tolerance for cinematic pain.  I'm almost positive that it's AKA City of the Walking Dead.  I received a boot of it by accident back in the 90's and took it for a spin.  The second a bunch of zombies ran out and started shooting people with machine guns, I shut it off.

Visit the b-movie blog
http://www.cinema-suicide.com
The required Myspace profile
http://www.myspace.com/cinemasuicide
Evan
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2007, 04:20:49 PM »

I'm going to have to give Demons another spin.  I remember seeing the ad for it in the sunday papers and freaking out.  Awesome demon make-up.  Years later, I rented it and was completely disappointed.  I thought it was nonsensical but I also chalked it up to a domestic cut and maybe substantial portions of plot were missing from the version I saw.  I always wondered what the deal was with the guy in the mask at the beginning handing out tickets.  He disappears from the rest of the movie and then doesn't rear his head again until the end, completely out of the blue.  My tastes have changed substantially since then, though, and I have a crazy streak in me that can appreciate random weirdness and I don't think it gets any weirder than this one:  case in point, a helicopter randomly crashes through the theater roof!

As for Nightmare City, if that's the movie I'm thinking of, you have quite a tolerance for cinematic pain.  I'm almost positive that it's AKA City of the Walking Dead.  I received a boot of it by accident back in the 90's and took it for a spin.  The second a bunch of zombies ran out and started shooting people with machine guns, I shut it off.
I really enjoy Nightmare City (your right A.K.A. City oty of the Walking Dead) for a couple of reasons. The music is awesome, its hilarious (I have an inside joke with my friends where we call a p**sed off person Proffesor Hagenbacker), and the Mutants (some are not really zombies) are cool.
Inyarear
Bad Movie Lover

Slimo! Slimo! Slimo!

« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2007, 05:41:12 PM »

I'm not much into Halloween myself, but I did turn up one animated Batman episode that would probably fit into a Halloween viewing lineup pretty nicely:

Small | Large

It's not even from what I would consider the more canonical (and better done) episodes of the original animated series, but I like this episode specifically for answering some of the complaints I'd always had about the Batman stories. In at least three episodes I can think of, Batman was just about the only thing standing between one of the costumed villains and Gotham's complete destruction: the Joker once got his hands on a nuclear bomb, Two-Face came close to flooding the city with a poisonous gas, and Mr. Freeze nearly flash-froze everyone with a "reverse-fusion" (?) bomb. Something that this always had me asking is "How many times can all of Gotham be threatened before the caped crusader finally screws up one time too many and everyone gets blown up, gassed, or frozen to death after all? For that matter, what if someone decides not to make any threats or ransom demands, but just throws the switch already? What would stop him?"

While this tale stops short of everyone dying, it's a zombie tale, which is the next best thing. It also confirms what I've thought all along: Gotham in ruins would make for some pretty stunning visuals.
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2007, 06:11:49 PM »

Nightmare City is a bad one.  I rented it originally mistaking it for Fulci's City Of Living Dead.  Needless to say, I was befuddled and aggravated by the film.  I used to have a website where I would do reviews and I had written a highly disapproving review of the flick.  I vehemently hated the film with every fiber of my being. 

Well, I picked up that Zombie 6-pack from Anchor Bay a while back and Nightmare City was included.  It's not as bad as I recall it being about ten years ago, but it's still not very good.  I can only watch a zombie/mutant eat a woman's breast a number of times.  This happens a plethora of times throughout the flick.  I might give it a watch again this October as I normally try to watch at least one horror flick each night of the month.

I much preferred Let Sleeping Corpses Lie out of the 6-pack.  It's a much better film, and the last portion of the film in the hospital is fantastic. 

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Torgo

« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2007, 10:12:07 PM »

Nightmare City is a bad one.  I rented it originally mistaking it for Fulci's City Of Living Dead.  Needless to say, I was befuddled and aggravated by the film.  I used to have a website where I would do reviews and I had written a highly disapproving review of the flick.  I vehemently hated the film with every fiber of my being. 

Well, I picked up that Zombie 6-pack from Anchor Bay a while back and Nightmare City was included.  It's not as bad as I recall it being about ten years ago, but it's still not very good.  I can only watch a zombie/mutant eat a woman's breast a number of times.  This happens a plethora of times throughout the flick.  I might give it a watch again this October as I normally try to watch at least one horror flick each night of the month.

I much preferred Let Sleeping Corpses Lie out of the 6-pack.  It's a much better film, and the last portion of the film in the hospital is fantastic. 

I've got that particular Anchor Bay box set.  I was really surprised at how good Let Sleeping Corpses Lie was and I thought that the reason for the zombies in that one was quite unique. 

Nightmare City is only worth watching for the scene in which the TV station gets attacked while they're doing some kind of weird work out type thing.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Evan
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2007, 09:50:07 AM »

I finally found the movie thatswould be great with Halloween. "The Gate" from 1987. I havent watched this movie in years and hopefully will get a copy in time for Halloween.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies for Halloween « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.