Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:52:42 AM
714351 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Number of years at current job. « previous next »
Poll
Question: How many years have you worked at your current job?
less than 1 year
1 to 2 years
2 to 3 years
3 to 4 years
4 to 5 years
5 to 6 years
6 to 7 years
7 to 8 years
8 to 9 years
9 to 10 years
more than 10 years (please specify)

Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Number of years at current job.  (Read 9374 times)
trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2007, 09:02:32 AM »

I've been in my current job for 11 years and am finally making more money than I made at my previous jobs. I work for an educational institution and get lots of time off and have a great boss. I've had three different jobs since coming here.  At first I did all the computer repairs for about 7 years, then I did a 3 year project getting affordable broadband into our 80 or so county offices.

Now I'm the tech support manager and run a small call center (3 full timers and 1 to 3 interns).  I still do WAN support and I'm the resident hardware expert.

I worked tech support at a large computer company in Houston for 1.5 years before deciding to move back to Arkansas. I hated work and hated Texas (the second time I've lived there).  Before that I worked as a field engineer for 15 years at another computer company that went bankrupt.

I've been fixing computers since before PC's and I'm bored stiff most days, but it's a good paycheck and I get a lot of freedom. 

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2007, 02:58:56 PM »

14 years with current job. : I have many reasons for staying, but none of them make any sense.  BounceGiggle

Torgo

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2007, 08:04:32 PM »

14 years with current job. : I have many reasons for staying, but none of them make any sense.  BounceGiggle

I think that's the case for most people, including myself.   TeddyR

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Pilgermann

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2007, 02:58:40 AM »

I've been working for the evil theater chain National Amusements for around 7 1/2 years.  I guess it's sucked my ambition or I'm just lazy 'cause I only applied for management a few months ago and I've been a manager since then (official job title is "Treasurer" for no good reason).  It's often a fun job, but I can't imagine staying there for many more years.

Jason
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2007, 10:22:41 AM »

3 and a half years with HM Coastguard. I joined when I was 19, and haven't looked back since. I'm getting a little frustrated though, as it's getting somewhat difficult to swallow that I work for an emergency service, and make life and death decisions on a daily basis, yet I earn pretty much the minimum wage, because government pay is atrocious.

"Being grown up isn't half as fun as growing up" - Kris Roe, The Ataris
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2020, 12:57:49 PM »

Twenty-four years. I was told this week I have outlasted ninety-two percent of those who were hired when I was.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 01:10:51 PM by ER » Logged

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2020, 02:30:27 PM »

Eighteen and a half. I have formally tried to leave twice (one by leaving at the end of my contract, but they promoted me and offered me my dream job to get me to stay, then moved me into a job I didn't want on the first day, and then I once formally submitted paperwork to quit and they moved me out of the job I didn't want to persuade me to stay).
« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 02:34:31 PM by Alex » Logged

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2020, 02:41:40 PM »

I worked at Honee Bear Canning for a total of 31 years before I retired for health reasons 4 years ago.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2020, 05:09:51 PM »

Twelve.  Started at the Veterans Hospital in 2008 and haven't looked back.  There have been some definite struggles but you have to know how to handle drama and difficult people.  Never hurts to be friends with some of the higher-ups because you will eventually know some that will have your back.  Overall the job is gravy even with the pandemic going on.  Don't be a d*ck to people, and do your job plus whatever else you have time for.  I am happy to have a supervisory regime that lets you do your thing when you're an employee of long standing.  Keep it simple and don't whine about stupid s**t.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2020, 06:38:18 PM »

less then 1 -- I saw mere months into my sub gig when everything got shut down

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
VenomX73

« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2020, 07:04:53 PM »

Thumbup

Gilligan's island, Goonies and Godzilla information booth here!
chefzombie
zombie chef to the stars

« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2020, 03:35:39 PM »

well, my current job is housewife, so..uumm...a year and 3 months.

don't EVEN...EVER!
sprite75
The Cat Herder of Badmovies

I'm a Mac...

« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2020, 08:24:52 PM »

It'll be a year in July.  I had been at my previous company almost 13 years but decided it was time for a change and took a job at a major technology company.  I took a bit of a pay hit but it was for the absolute best and I am so glad I made the change.  I was spinning my wheels at my old job and not going anywhere so it was so good to move.  I don't know if I'll be here for 13 years but I hope so. 

God of making the characteristic which becomes dirty sends the hurricane.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2020, 10:42:14 PM »

have been doing Uber for 2 almost 2 years. I like it better than delivering Amazon which I did before
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Number of years at current job. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.