Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:46:07 AM
713408 Posts in 53060 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Movie clip search - possessed mayor or sheriff « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Movie clip search - possessed mayor or sheriff  (Read 5860 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: September 20, 2007, 06:15:35 PM »

I received this via email.  There are a couple of films that I think might have something like this, but I'm not home and cannot check.  Can anyone else assist?  Pretty much any sort of alien invasion or zombie/infection film that copies "Jaws" a little might have it.  Ditto with stuff like "The Puppet Masters."  I just cannot pinpoint one that exactly matches the press conference setting.

I'm looking for a B-Movie where the sheriff or mayor holds a press conference for his town however he is possessed by something.  I work for the Tonight Show and we're looking for a clip like that.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 09:44:54 PM »

Maybe the ending of the HIDDEN (1987?) Of course...he gets zapped ,but...

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2007, 11:32:48 PM »

The only movie I can think of with a scene like that is Little Nicky.
Dave M
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2007, 09:00:54 PM »

"The Invasion" had a press conference given by possesed people, but I don't think there was a sheriff.
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2007, 09:40:16 PM »

I recall an episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, in which the principal is giving a speech during a solar eclipse, when he turns into a giant prehistoric bug of some sort.

There's also a scene in Jack Frost in which the sheriff realizes the mayor has been possessed by the evil snowman, but they're not giving a speech.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
RapscallionJones
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Grim & Frostbitten

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2007, 06:45:16 AM »

Maybe the Hooper remake of Invaders From Mars?

Visit the b-movie blog
http://www.cinema-suicide.com
The required Myspace profile
http://www.myspace.com/cinemasuicide
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2007, 08:47:28 AM »

Thanks all, I sent in some of the suggestions.  These are the ones I came up with.  No exact fits, but I was trying to fit the (what I believe was the) intent.

They Live
Around the 80 minute mark, the two main characters (one is Roddy Piper) go to an awards dinner and the speaker is an alien creature (when revealed by special sunglasses).

The Brain from Planet Arous
The main character is possessed by a giant brain from outer space (it pops out of him now and then).  Around 56 minutes and around 1 hour, 4 minutes, he addresses a group of leaders each time.

The Stuff
At 76 minutes, Chocolate Chip Charlie (who is about to go on the air on radio) suddenly turns out to be a zombie full of "The Stuff" (it's like yogurt that takes you over).

Strange Invaders
Around 78 minutes, the leader of the aliens (as a hologram) addresses all the other aliens (who are disguised as humans).

The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai
There is a scene in this when Buckaroo is giving a press conference and reveals that some of the audience are aliens.  One of the aliens is Vincent Schiavelli (Christopher Lloyd pops in as an alien too - but you do not see his true form).   That is around the 34 minute mark.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Automan2000
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2007, 04:34:59 PM »

Wasn't there a scene like that in The Puppet Masters? I seem to remember someone speaking in a press conference that was being controlled by one of the aliens.
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2007, 06:56:27 AM »

Wasn't there a scene like that in The Puppet Masters? I seem to remember someone speaking in a press conference that was being controlled by one of the aliens.

I couldn't find one, though they do meet with that one guy in his office and he is possessed (near the beginning).

The gent wrote back thanking everyone for the suggestions.  He said that he would look into "The Invasion," as it sounded like the best match.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Movie clip search - possessed mayor or sheriff « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.