COMMANDO (DIRECTOR'S CUT)

(1/2) > >>

The Burgomaster:
Another rip-off marketing ploy by the movie industry!

I just bought the COMMANDO director's cut DVD and it's a huge disappointment.  The only differences between the director's cut and the theatrical cut are a few short dialogue scenes that add nothing to the movie.  In fact, all they do is slow down the pace.  There are also a few extra frames of violence (nothing spectacular, and very brief) and some different dialogue.  For example, in the theatrical version, Arnold's daughter says, "Not as nice as watching him smash your face in."  In the director's cut she says, "Not as nice as watching him kick your ass."  There are also 3 deleted scenes in the special features section that are all stupid.

No need to buy this if you already have the previously released version.

Jim H:
This is the major violence addition, I believe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpugzBuCbGs
Small | Large

Too bad the whole "Arnold beats guy with his own arm and tells him to stop whining" scene is just a legend.

trekgeezer:
I didn't see anything in that clip that was different. 

Kooshmeister:
Well at least it has a commentary track and stuff, whereas, as far as I can remember, the original DVD had nothing besides the movie.

Torgo:
It is not a ripoff IMO.  The visual quality of the old DVD was non-anamorphic, very dark and just plain bad.  This new DVD is anamorphic, the picture quality is brighter, colors pop off the screen and it just plain looks fantastic.  A massive step up from the old DVD. The audio is also much better as well. 

The tool shed scene was the only violence that the director had to trim to avoid an R rating and he was given a chance to make a bit of an alternate cut to give fans to watch instead of just the theatrical cut. 

The extras are fun and the I'm really happy with the job they did with it. I got mine for only 11 bucks and am loving it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page