Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:09:31 AM
713384 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Bought a 360 « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bought a 360  (Read 7221 times)
Mr_Vindictive
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« on: September 24, 2007, 04:04:10 PM »

Just bought a new 360 Premium along with an HDMI cable and Dead Rising.  The new HDMI output, better heatsinks and lower price finally broke me.  I ordered it from Newegg and it should be here by either Friday or this coming Monday.

I'll post my gamertag once I create one.  Can't wait!

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 04:38:29 PM »

Cool!
It's about time you bought one.   Smile

If you get an Xbox Live timecard, you'll be able to play online with all of us.
Mr_Vindictive

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 04:51:33 PM »

Yeah, I get a certain amount of free Live service with the console.  I think it's three months or so.

Can one buy a Live subscription without having to pick up a card?  I'm hoping to be able to buy a subscription via the Live Marketplace, online.

I've added Halo 3 to my Gamefly queue along with Gears Of War and Call Of Duty 3.  Halo 3 looks to be available so I'm assuming they have a ton of copies.  I can't wait to get around to playing along with some of the people here and can't wait to play Dead Rising.  Running around a mall killing zombies looks like a great idea.

The only bad thing about purchasing the Xbox is that it's a huge punch in the wallet.  Not as much as a PS3 would be, but it's still quite expensive.  Hopefully I won't have a Red Ring Of Death incident, and at least it now has the 3 year warranty.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Ash

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2007, 05:07:35 PM »

Can one buy a Live subscription without having to pick up a card?  I'm hoping to be able to buy a subscription via the Live Marketplace, online.

Hopefully I won't have a Red Ring Of Death incident, and at least it now has the 3 year warranty.

Yep...you can purchase time directly from the Marketplace using your credit card.
You can also purchase Microsoft Points the same way.
Just upload your credit or debit card info right from your console. 

And since you bought the Premium console, you shouldn't have any problems with the red ring of death.
Mr_Vindictive

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2007, 05:14:36 PM »

And since you bought the Premium console, you shouldn't have any problems with the red ring of death.

That's what I'm hoping for.  Apparently the cooling is much better on these new consoles so I hope I'm good.  It was that and the HDMI that was the biggest sellers for me.

RapscallionJones
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Grim & Frostbitten

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2007, 12:12:32 PM »

I got one of the first-wave decks and I'm just now starting to have Red-Ring problems.  It's not a total loss since it's only a matter of turning it on and off until it starts.  I'd send it back since it's still under warranty but not when I just bought Halo 3 today.  If I send it out now, it'll be another month before I get a new deck.  So I'll wait until it's completely fried or I've had enough Halo to hold me over until a new one arrives. 

Dead Rising is so great!  I played through so many times and unlocked just about everything you could unlock on it.  The sheer number of zombies and weapons makes replayability nearly endless.  I never got tired of wailing on them with guitars.  The first time I did that I had to pause the game until I control my laughter.

Consider Guitar Hero 2 or 3 when it comes out.  It's easily one of my favorite games of all time and I'm absolutely unstoppable at it.  Rock Band comes out later this year and pushes the bar as far as music games go with a microphone and a drum kit not to mention entire album downloads (The Who 'Who's Next' and an as yet unnamed Metallica album).

Give some consideration to Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter and its sequel GRAW2.  Outstanding tactical gameplay that is just different enough from typical FPS' to be its own creature.  There's a lot of fun in those game.

Finally, Bioshock, though strictly single player, was one of the best stories I've played through in any game ever.

Visit the b-movie blog
http://www.cinema-suicide.com
The required Myspace profile
http://www.myspace.com/cinemasuicide
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2007, 12:17:41 PM »

I love my 360.  Not so much Microsoft, considering they bungled my repair for the RROD for seven weeks.

My gamertag is my name here, Mofo Rising.

I've been playing The Darkness, Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Guitar Hero II and, of course, Geometry Wars.  If you're look for something fun, fast, cheap and easy, Geometry Wars is your best bet outside of a Lita Ford/Heart concert audience.  I'm kidding, Geometry Wars isn't easy.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
RapscallionJones
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Grim & Frostbitten

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2007, 12:22:53 PM »

If you're look for something fun, fast, cheap and easy, Geometry Wars is your best bet outside of a Lita Ford/Heart concert audience.  I'm kidding, Geometry Wars isn't easy.
Hells yeah.  I have achieved pure states of zen while playing that one for high scores.  It's definitely a trance inducing game.

A lot of the games on the arcade are well worth their weight in gold.  I also recommend Uno, as funny as that sounds.  It's the same old game you grew up playing but it's the ultimate trash talk game that somehow manages to remain friendly.  Even among the usual trash-mouth pubbies

Puzzle games really shine on the arcade.  Lumines Live, while outrageously priced, is tons of fun if you can find it in yourself to pay the 20 bucks that it costs.

Also, I never get tired of playing Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.

Visit the b-movie blog
http://www.cinema-suicide.com
The required Myspace profile
http://www.myspace.com/cinemasuicide
Mr_Vindictive

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2007, 12:56:50 PM »

I'm dying for the 360 to come in.  Sadly Newegg has not shipped it yet, but I'm hoping it will be done by today.  That way I'll have it by Thursday or Friday.

I have played a free rip-off of geometry wars on my PC and I have to say it was a ton of fun.  Very fun for such a simple, retro game. 

Dead Rising was an obvious choice for me as the first game as I'm a huge fan of anything that has zombies and because it was only about 30 bucks or so.  I just bought COD 3 from Gamefly today for about 15.00 (used) which isn't a bad deal either.  Also they are shipping out Halo 3 for me today so I'll have three games to try out once I receive the console.

One problem is that the 360 will be in my bedroom with our new HDTV.  It's a good ways away from my home office where my wifi router is so I'll probably need to run an ethernet cable across to that room or spend another hundred bucks on the 360 wifi adapter.  I've seen that one can also setup their laptop using Windows to allow the xbox 360 to connect via it's wifi connection so that's another option.

I'll certainly add you guys once I get everything going.  Can't wait to pwn some of you in Halo and COD3!

Ash

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2007, 01:18:31 PM »

Pwn me in Call of Duty 3?
I don't think so!   TeddyR
If you thought I was fairly good at DOD Source, you ain't seen nothin' 'till you see me play COD3.
If there were a COD3 tournament, I would enter it in a heartbeat.

I'm still waiting for my copy of Halo 3 to arrive.
Hopefully it'll be here by Friday.
Mr_Vindictive

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2007, 03:56:45 PM »

Pwn me in Call of Duty 3?
I don't think so!   TeddyR
If you thought I was fairly good at DOD Source, you ain't seen nothin' 'till you see me play COD3.
If there were a COD3 tournament, I would enter it in a heartbeat.

I'm still waiting for my copy of Halo 3 to arrive.
Hopefully it'll be here by Friday.

Yeah right, you're nothing but a little noob.  You forget who was #1 for a good while on the -MCG-DOD:S server!

(And So The Trash Talking Begins)

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

Torgo

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2007, 06:14:06 PM »

I'm not into FPS's and never really got on board with the original X-Box.

But I can say that so far that the 360 has far exceeded my expectations in comparison to the PS3.  All of the PS3's biggest games aren't coming out until late 2008 and GTAIV isn't exclusive to the PS3 for the 1st 9 months like San Adreas was to the PS2.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Mr_Vindictive

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2007, 06:37:05 PM »

I'm not into FPS's and never really got on board with the original X-Box.

But I can say that so far that the 360 has far exceeded my expectations in comparison to the PS3.  All of the PS3's biggest games aren't coming out until late 2008 and GTAIV isn't exclusive to the PS3 for the 1st 9 months like San Adreas was to the PS2.

I'm a big FPS player hence my decision to go with the 360.  I thought, about two-three years ago, that the PS3 was shaping up to be a great console.  Kaz Harari's insane arrogance about the console wars and the over-hyping of the system turned me way off.  Sony demands that any publication put the name PLAYSTATION 3 in all caps and that it is referred to as a "Computer Entertainment System" and not a gaming console.

Not only that but the price is way too steep for my tastes.  Also, the GTA series is a favorite of mine and the fact that it's not a Sony exclusive is a great thing.  I can't wait to play a GTA game in full HD. 

I had pondered getting a Wii instead of a 360 but I don't feel like playing kiddie games all day.  I bought a DS Lite thinking it was a great system but there honestly aren't that many good games for it.  Most of them are Disney licensed games based on their TV programming.  Screw that, I want to play something fun.  I don't feel like getting burned by Nintendo again.

Mr_Vindictive

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2007, 03:22:23 PM »

Got the 360 in today.  I've spent the last three hours or so playing Dead Rising and the various game demos that came pre-installed on the hard drive.  I've very happy with it so far.  At first I was disappointed with the graphics of Dead Rising but once I got to the meat of the game and had about a hundred zombies on screen at once, I was sold on the console.

I have tried to connect to XBOX Live with my laptop but can't get it to work.  I'll see about getting the wifi adapter Saturday so I can start playing online.

I really like the HDMI output on this Premium 360.  I love only having two cables plugged in: the power cable and the HDMI cable.  I can't wait to get some other games in and get to fragging people online.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Bought a 360 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.