Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:37:48 PM
714351 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Resident Evil: Extinction « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Resident Evil: Extinction  (Read 8508 times)
the guyver
Dedicated Viewer

RAT! RAT! RAT! RAT!

« on: September 24, 2007, 04:33:38 PM »

Just wondering if anyone else saw Resident Evil: Extinction and wanted to know what ya'll thought of it..... Question
I thought it was better than Resident Evil: Apocalypse but not as good as the first. Any thoughts?
Torgo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 04:35:37 PM »

I thought that the 1st 2 were complete crap worthy of having been instead directed by Uwe Boll.

I'll probably see the 3rd one on DVD as I'm a huge Milla Jovovich fan, and not necessarily because of her acting.   Wink Drink

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
the guyver
Dedicated Viewer

RAT! RAT! RAT! RAT!

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 04:46:28 PM »

I hear ya brotha!  hot
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2007, 06:44:34 PM »

I'm looking forward to it.  The first two were fun films as long as you don't consider them to be true Resident Evil flicks.  Mila is a lot of fun in them and they are so bad that they are good.  The third one actually looks to be the most interesting of the bunch.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Torgo

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2007, 10:21:04 PM »

I didn't realize that Russel (Highlander 1 & 2) Mulcahy directed this 3rd installement.

dean

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2007, 03:43:10 AM »

I saw the trailer for the first time last week.  I gotta say the second one annoyed the hell out of me, but overall wasn't horrible.  The first was good, I liked it, but like Skaboi said: Just ignore that it's based on the game and you'll survive ok.

The 3rd really does seem to take things up a notch and looks very interesting.  I've been fooled by trailers before but I like the look of it.  Post apoc zombie films are always fun.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
DistantJ
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2007, 05:15:54 AM »

I'm quite hyped for it. I LOVED the first one, the second had some really fantastic action in it but a lot of it seemed made up on the fly and some stuff was kinda goofy. I'm pretty hyped for the 3rd because I hear it doesn't have the problems of the 2nd.

Apparently I have no choice but to see it because this girl is dragging me to the cinema - I'm not complaining.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2007, 07:24:52 AM »

I loved the first movie, was really psyched for the second one and was hugely disappointed.  Not gonna make that mistake again.   The trailer they show on TV doesn't make me the least bit interested in part 3.  Maybe if I hear really good things about it I might check it out on DVD in a year or two.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Torgo

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2007, 04:39:38 PM »

Some friends of mine and myself saw the 1st one in theaters and by around the 2nd act we just started ripping the movie apart.  Thankfully there weren't people sitting that near to us.

My favorite thing to do was there were parts in the 1st one in which people were turning a circular valve handle thing and I would make the sound effect from the game when you turned one.

Another part was when someone got bit some of the characters came running into this office room and I just shouted out "WE NEED TO FIND A GREEN HERB!"

Talk about an awful movie. Only Milla's way too brief nudity kept me occupied. 

Jim H

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2007, 04:09:44 PM »

I saw the trailer for the first time last week.  I gotta say the second one annoyed the hell out of me, but overall wasn't horrible.  The first was good, I liked it, but like Skaboi said: Just ignore that it's based on the game and you'll survive ok.

The 3rd really does seem to take things up a notch and looks very interesting.  I've been fooled by trailers before but I like the look of it.  Post apoc zombie films are always fun.

I don't quite get the whole "Ignore it is based on a game" thing.  The Resident Evil movies in general have FAR more in common with the games than many other video game adaptations out there.  Heck, part 3 introduces two characters from the games, as well as one of the most distinctive monsters (the original Tyrant).  Yeah, the plot is changed significantly, but the basics are there. 

Anyway, 3 is better than two.  It was entertaining.  I'd say I enjoyed the original marginally more, but just marginally.
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2007, 06:04:50 PM »

I like the RE Trilogy, but not for being RE movies at all.  I see them as big budget b-flicks with nonsensical kung-fu laced throughout it. 

Some SPOILERS

As far as Resident Evil: Extinction goes, it had the best action scenes out of all of them, but the worst plot.  I think by this point they just said screw it with any kind of sense and just decided to go all out with the silly concepts.  The idea of a disease drying up lakes and rivers seems a bit wonky to me, not to mention the idea that Nevada started to look like the Sahara Desert in only a couple months complete with drifting dunes?  Doesn't that take thousands of years of erosion?  I know, I was asking myself this question while watching the movie, but then I told myself to shut up because, well, there are zombies and super women who know kung fu and telekinesis running around.  I don't think a huge lapse of the erosion process would be that much sillier. 

The film had pretty much next to no plot, which is fine.  I planned on watching this film for the cheesy action and over the top concepts. 

While I do like the RE movies, I have to agree that Paul WS Anderson needs to just not do anymore films, or learn how to branch out.  I mean, how many times can you essentially write the same script?  Let's also not forget his ability as a director to nerf things a bit.  Too much of the first Resident Evil, and even Alien vs. Predator felt to me like it wanted to go for a much more graphic and disturbing feel, but it also felt like Anderson just didn't have the balls to take it to that level.  Sure, you don't need blood and gore to make a film good, and there is a bit in the newer RE's, but pulling back on something that is pretty much at home with such subject matter just doesn't make sense.  It's like having a Columbo movie without a mystery, or a giallo film without a series of grisly murders. 

All in all, though, RE:E is worth watching for anyone who enjoyed the first two. 
DistantJ
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2007, 11:33:14 AM »

I don't know why people complain about the RE series being action movies. I played those games and while the bits you play in are scary, whenever it goes to a cut scene its always cheesy action sequences.
Jim H

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2007, 01:09:25 PM »

not to mention the idea that Nevada started to look like the Sahara Desert in only a couple months complete with drifting dunes?

It was more like 5 years if memory recalls.  But yeah. 
DistantJ
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2007, 11:01:58 AM »

I just re-watched RE Apocalypse for the first time since my initial viewing last night. It was better than I remembered, actually. I still think that Nemesis thing and his part of the plot are just plain goofy, though - I guess you have that kind of trouble when you want to put in fanservice for fans of a videogame. I hated Nemesis in the game, too, when I played it - so I guess to me he's kinda like the Jar Jar Binks of Resident Evil.
the guyver
Dedicated Viewer

RAT! RAT! RAT! RAT!

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2007, 02:36:24 PM »

That annoyed me too.  I didn't think Nemesis was proportional.....*sigh*
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Resident Evil: Extinction « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.