Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:19:45 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Resident Evil: Extinction « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Resident Evil: Extinction  (Read 8473 times)
dean
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2007, 11:36:58 PM »

I don't quite get the whole "Ignore it is based on a game" thing.  The Resident Evil movies in general have FAR more in common with the games than many other video game adaptations out there.  Heck, part 3 introduces two characters from the games, as well as one of the most distinctive monsters (the original Tyrant).  Yeah, the plot is changed significantly, but the basics are there. 

Anyway, 3 is better than two.  It was entertaining.  I'd say I enjoyed the original marginally more, but just marginally.

Oh sure, it's more similar than some of the ones out there, but I judge a video game based movie on it's feel rather than the characters. I was hoping for something a bit more like the game [slow and creepy] but RE1 was enjoyable enough for me to ignore it and just enjoy the movie. 

I don't see where RE2 fits in with the games at all really, but by that point I just rolled with it.  I'm just gunning for a slow burning freak-out thriller I suppose.

Anyways, I'm still looking forward to it.  Though my friend did turn to me and ask: Where'd all the sand come from?

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
DistantJ
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2007, 07:25:07 AM »

I never got that. I know the parts you control in the games are creepy but whenever those games switch to a cut-scene it's always campy, over-the-top action sequences, so it feels about the same to me.

I think Resident Evil is a good example of how to make a good movie based on other source material (a game, a comic, etc) - to take the story outline and make something your own out of it. If I remember rightly the first movie doesn't even feature any characters from the games, just the zombies and "licker" monsters, it's not until the sequel when Jill appears, in a kind of different role. I like that - it helps the series become a movie series in itself rather than just another "game adaptation" which is later forgotten.
Jim H

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2007, 03:22:51 PM »

I don't quite get the whole "Ignore it is based on a game" thing.  The Resident Evil movies in general have FAR more in common with the games than many other video game adaptations out there.  Heck, part 3 introduces two characters from the games, as well as one of the most distinctive monsters (the original Tyrant).  Yeah, the plot is changed significantly, but the basics are there. 

Anyway, 3 is better than two.  It was entertaining.  I'd say I enjoyed the original marginally more, but just marginally.

Oh sure, it's more similar than some of the ones out there, but I judge a video game based movie on it's feel rather than the characters. I was hoping for something a bit more like the game [slow and creepy] but RE1 was enjoyable enough for me to ignore it and just enjoy the movie. 

I don't see where RE2 fits in with the games at all really, but by that point I just rolled with it.  I'm just gunning for a slow burning freak-out thriller I suppose.

Anyways, I'm still looking forward to it.  Though my friend did turn to me and ask: Where'd all the sand come from?

Frankly, I don't think the people who have made the RE films have the talent to make a good creepy film in the vein of the first few RE games (RE4, and 5 from the looks of it, are much more action oriented).  So I can't really blame them for abandoning that.
BTM

« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2007, 05:11:07 PM »

(mild spoilers for RE3)

Was it just me, or were there WAY too many damn zombies coming out of that box?  I didn't keep counting, but i could swear we passed 100 at some point...

Hehe.. loved the line, "I meet your sister, she was a murdering b***h."

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
DistantJ
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2007, 06:54:18 AM »

Seen it, fell head over heels in love with it! Definitely the best Resident Evil, in fact one of the best movies based on a videogame I've seen. Absolutely thrilled with it. Will definitely be getting the DVD.
Pilgermann

« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2007, 02:15:24 PM »

I've only seen the crow attack scene and it was one of the stupidest things I've seen.

I'd still like to watch the firs film, at least.

DistantJ
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2007, 04:18:28 AM »

What the hell was stupid about it?
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Resident Evil: Extinction « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.