Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:50:56 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What Films have been shot near your Home? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What Films have been shot near your Home?  (Read 9301 times)
Scott
« on: March 25, 2001, 02:14:04 PM »

I live in South New Jersey and have seen then shoot two movies in the area and a few others have been shot in this area.

The Lemon Sisters, Eddie and the Cruisers, Atlantic City, Wise Guys, King of Marvin Gardins, and a Pen and Teller movie that I don't think ever made it to the theaters(or anywhere).

I was getting a haircut when film crews started arriving outside the shop and the Pen and Teller showed up. They shot a scene were a car was speeding around a corner a they get out in front of a building. Thats it!!!!!

Then I was living on Texas Ave. in Atlantic City and the Lemon Sisters was being shot at the boardwalk with Kane(from taxi) and another actress that starred in most of the Woody Allen movies( can't remember her name). They also shot inside an abandeded building across the street from me.
Brian Ringler
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2001, 02:32:26 PM »

I can think of only two movies that have had parts shot around South Dakota, Dances with Wolves and Starship Troopers
Scott
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2001, 02:48:18 PM »

Starship Troopers is one of my all time favorites. "Everyone fights, nobody quits"  

Dances with Wolves isn't half bad either.(probably won't be seeing that one anytime soon though)
Will
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2001, 02:53:25 PM »

Let's see, here in Kentucky they shot "Coal Miner's Daughter," that Swayze piece of @!#$ "Next of Kin," and a bunch of documentaries.

In my "childhood" home of southwest Virginia, they shot the modern update of "Lassie."  Icky.

In Greensboro, NC, my most recent home, they shot Hellraiser III.  I thought it was telling of what Greensboro is like when they subtitled the movie "Hell on Earth."
Abby
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2001, 04:19:54 PM »

You don't live near Louisville, do 'ya, Will?
Mofo Rising
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2001, 04:41:42 PM »

I was raised in Juneau, AK, and the only think of two movies that have been shot there.

The first is LIMBO.  They call the town by another name, but that's Juneau they're filming in.

Their was also a independent production called RAVEN'S BLOOD, but I don't think that made it anywhere outside of Southeast Alaska.

Now I live in Phoenix, AZ.  Let's see, movies filmed in Arizona. . . Nope, can't think of any.
Will
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2001, 06:11:52 PM »

I'm about 3 1/2 hours from Louisville, but I occasionally come to punk shows at the Brycchouse....I'm in the real poor part of Kentucky.....the part everybody makes fun of.
Scott
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2001, 07:36:58 PM »

Didn't they make LEGEND OF BOGEY CREEK in Arkansas?
Abby
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2001, 07:37:22 PM »

Everyone makes fun of where I live, too. I'm about 45 minutes outside of Philly ... in a small old farm town. There's a giant Simpsons-styled nuclear power plant less than two miles away from me. You can see it from every vantage for about ten miles it's so big.

But hey ... the rent's cheap. And the people are down-to-earth.
Skaboi18
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2001, 08:19:35 PM »

I live right on the coast of North Carolina, and a terrific little B-Movie was filmed about 30mins from my house.  The name of the film was The Mutilator-AKA-Fall Break.  Great slasher film with great gore and terrible acting.  
I've actually stayed in the beach house where it was filmed!  Quite an experience!
Stefan Robak
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2001, 11:58:22 AM »

On my block (in Fredericton, New Brunswick) a TV movie called "This Matter of Marriage" was filmed.  My sister was actually going to be an extra who was rowing in the river in the background, but they cut that scene out.  It was a TV movie so it probably wasn't that good anyway.
FLANGEPART
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2001, 12:25:36 PM »

Louisville. Nice place. Stopped by the George S. Patton Armour Museam at Ft. Knox, they have the modle of the vault used in "Goldfinger". I wonder, is it Louisville  they nuked in that Zombie movie ? Maby thats what Abby means.
Gerry
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2001, 02:22:39 PM »

When I was a teenager in Springville, Utah, they filmed FOOTLOOSE (yes, with Kevin Bacon) in the little cities all around there.  In fact, one of my friends had a bit part (speaking!); she was the girl driving the pickup truck when the main character chick is hanging out the window playing chicken.

A number of scenes of the Stephen King miniseries THE STAND were filmed where I live now.

When I lived in Salt Lake City, they filmed an ep. of TOUCHED BY AN ANGEL in the trailer park behind my house. The trailer park is called "Garden Park" and in the ep. they replaced the sign to read "Paradise Park."

That's just the stuff that was filmed close to where I live/lived.  Of course Utah has been home to thousands of films (and many of the bad), so I won't even go there.
Thema
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2001, 04:20:53 AM »

some parts of The Jackal were filmed in Helsinki (100km from my home)
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What Films have been shot near your Home? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.