Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:56:12 PM
713356 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Movie Reviews  |  PREYLIEN: ALIEN PREDATORS « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PREYLIEN: ALIEN PREDATORS  (Read 5350 times)
Kester Pelagius
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Not a Time Lord!

« on: September 26, 2007, 10:55:47 PM »

Thanks to a post in this thread I've gotten this review off my HD and posted.  Oddly it's been sitting on my HD a while.  Why?  Apparently I forgot about it.  How's that possible?  The movie's that bad.  Seriously it's awful.

Check out the review here: PREYLIEN: ALIEN PREDATORS

Cosmic Cinema - SF articles and reviews.

Mise-en-scene Crypt - Rants, reviews, & more! (10% NSFW)
nshumate
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2007, 11:33:36 PM »

Polonias.

Yech.

It'd be one thing if they'd ever get any BETTER, but no, they keep cranking out the same bottom-scraping drek without any indication of improvement...

Nathan Shumate
Cold Fusion Video Reviews
Sci-fi, Horror, and General Whoopass
raj
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2007, 12:40:57 PM »

Just watched  Preylien over the weekend.  Your review is spot on.  The  Polonias also have difficulty with pacing and scriptwriting.  This movie, along with Dinosaur Chronicles makes me think they like shooting scenes of people just walking around.  Without any dialog.

What, exactly, is the motivation for the Polonias?
Captain Tars Tarkas
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2007, 06:21:19 PM »

The Polonias brothers make the Hillenbrand brothers look like the Coen Brothers.

Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2007, 06:31:55 PM »

What, exactly, is the motivation for the Polonias?

Torturing anyone dumb enough rent or buy one of their films?

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Kester Pelagius
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Not a Time Lord!

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2007, 09:59:11 PM »

Andrew,

Brentwood does have to bear some of the blame in this.  I'd no idea what I was getting into when I bought their Galaxy of Terror 4 movie set.  But, since I posted that review, and read up on the Pol Bros. online and viewed a bit of their other wastes of store brand VHS tape, my rancor has only grown.

For those considering hunting these 'filmakers' movies down looking for "bad movie fun" I should warn you:

Preylien barely qualifies as a 'movie'.  It is such an appalling shambles of mental patient ramblings masquerading as entertainment that showing it to prisoners of war would be a violation of Articles 3, 13, 22, 42, 52, and possibly article 86 of the Geneva Convention. It is not mere hyperbole when I say this cinematic travesty is an atrocity against the senses farted out of the puss spewing pox riddled anus of denizens of the 5th circle of Hell.  Preylien spits in the face of logic and defecates on sanity's doorstep.

Think that sounds unduly harsh?

Consider: Preylien was NOT even these 'filmmakers' first endeavor.  Far from it.

That fact, alone, marks the Polonia brothers, at the very least, as malicious serial mind rapists.  Their nescience of the most basic technical skills of how to use even a cheap off-the-shelf consumer grade camcorder would astound your stubborn great grandmother, who was at least intelligent enough to admit her limitations and find someone to set the clock on her VCR for her.

OTOH, raj, Dawn of the Dinosaur had me guffawing at it's ineptitude.  Not that I actually watched it straight through.  But at least it took far less time to FF through that than the other mind numbing garbage on the 4 movie set Preylien came in.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2007, 10:02:37 PM by Kester Pelagius » Logged

Cosmic Cinema - SF articles and reviews.

Mise-en-scene Crypt - Rants, reviews, & more! (10% NSFW)
raj

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2007, 08:49:17 AM »

Yeah, Kester.  I got that same Galaxy of Terror pack.  Dinosaur Chronicles was utterly horrible from all stand points, but I could be persuaded to cut them some slack as it was their first movie, I believe. It's listed on the box as 1999.  Preylien in 2004 has a different story, but all the faults of DC are still there.  There's no development as filmmakers.
Raffine

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2007, 05:20:58 PM »

About the only positive thing I can say about The Polonia Brothers "films" (and most of the other recent shot-on-mom's-old-home-video-camera-we-found-in-the-basement epics)  is they make the 16mm films from the 1960's and 1970's by the likes of Don Dohler, Herschell Gordon Lewis, John Waters, Nick Millard, and even Andy Milligan (yes, even Milligan) look like expensive technical masterpieces by comparison.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Movie Reviews  |  PREYLIEN: ALIEN PREDATORS « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.