Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:10:22 PM
713364 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Movie Reviews  |  PLANET OF DINOSAURS 30TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION visits WtfFilm's DVD HELL « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PLANET OF DINOSAURS 30TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION visits WtfFilm's DVD HELL  (Read 5341 times)
wtffilm
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« on: September 28, 2007, 11:04:24 PM »

Another depressing release from Retromedia gets what it deserves - a pity, really, as the film is one of my favorites and I had high hopes.  The PLANET OF DINOSAURS 30TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION DVD will live on forever as the first ever occupant of WtfFilm's DVD HELL.

http://www.wtf-film.com/roundtable_links/planet_of_dinosaurs.html

Kindest regards,

Kevin P.
http://www.wtf-film.com
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2007, 01:27:46 AM »

It's a shame that the DVD turned out worse than the older release.  I have the Goodtimes disc and its not great, but passable (and probably about what you would expect for a niche film like "Planet of the Dinosaurs"). 

The weird additions you point out are bizarre and makes me wonder if there were any more that you just missed, because little changes tend to get by unless someone is really familiar with the film.  Heck, sometimes they even get by then.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
nshumate
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2007, 08:01:23 AM »

Me, I thought the movie looked fine, helluva lot better than the old VHS copy I've got sitting around.  But then, I spend most of my time watching and reviewing the movie, and very little paying attention to the disc.

Nathan Shumate
Cold Fusion Video Reviews
Sci-fi, Horror, and General Whoopass
wtffilm
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2007, 02:30:34 PM »

The weird additions you point out are bizarre and makes me wonder if there were any more that you just missed, because little changes tend to get by unless someone is really familiar with the film.  Heck, sometimes they even get by then.

I'm actually re-watching the disc now (working up a review of the film for either this week or next) and have noticed a number of added sound effects - something I hadn't noticed when first working up the disc for review.

There's irony in mucking up one of the few remaining english language 35mm prints (there's an Italian print floating around that's in better shape than what Retromedia used for their release - it's been floating around on DVDs there for a few years now) of the film with new video and sound effects. . .  sad sad irony.

Kindest regards,

Kevin P.
http://www.wtf-film.com
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Movie Reviews  |  PLANET OF DINOSAURS 30TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION visits WtfFilm's DVD HELL « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.