Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:20:23 AM
713333 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Favorite episode of THE TWILIGHT ZONE? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Favorite episode of THE TWILIGHT ZONE?  (Read 30639 times)
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« on: October 01, 2007, 11:06:36 PM »

Believe it or not i had never seen twilight zone before last Thursday, and lemmie tell ya, its GREAT. It prooves that something doesnt need to be bloody to be scary and interesting. So far my favorite episode is the one with William Shatner and that fortune telling machine. I wish i had one of those things in my house! Whats your favorite episode?

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
PSlugworth
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2007, 12:25:44 AM »

Midnight Sun, where the earth veers off course and day by day inches closer and closer toward the sun.

Here's some good (and surprising) news: Apparently, Twilight Zone: The Movie is finally coming to DVD--next week!

Official Member of the Don Knotts Fan Club.
andrew sylvester dot com
Khaz
Bad Movie Lover

Classic.

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2007, 11:17:49 AM »

Great show! A couple of my favourates were:
To Serve Man. Where those frendly aliens "help" the eathlings
Nightmare at 20,000 Feet. A man sees gremlins during his flight. There's something on the wing! Some... Thing..
And one that I cant remember the title, about astronaunts that crash on an asteroid or moon..

I see you are playing stupid... Looks like you're winning
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2007, 12:12:25 PM »

Some of my favorites, each of which I do not recall the names:

An episode with Jack Warden where he is put on a planet by himself as punishment for a crime.  A space crew brings him supplies a few times each year and at one point they bring him a female robot which he falls in love with.  He is finally pardoned a while later but is unable to bring his love back to Earth with him.

The classic episode with Burgess Meredith where he is a loner who prefers books to humans.  After a nuclear explosion, he is the only human left alive which is perfect for him since it's only him and his books.  At the end of the episode he breaks his glasses and is unable to read.

The episode with a woman in what appears to be Wild West times being attacked by small robots in her shack.  I won't give away the big twist in this one but I will say it is fantastic.

I really need to get around to picking up some of those DVD sets of The Twilight Zone that were released a while back.  If I recall, they were quite pricey but maybe they've gone down in price.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
RapscallionJones
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Grim & Frostbitten

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2007, 12:31:43 PM »

I love this show!  My brother and I put the brakes on every time Sci-Fi has a maraton.  I think by this point I've seen them all.  I'm also related to Rod Serling in a distant manner which is sweet.

My favorite episode is called He's Alive starring Dennis Hopper as a neo-nazi provocateur who does these town hall revivals that draw no crowd.  He is guided, however, by a shadowy figure in the audience who teaches him how to capture the audience and shape their opinions.  Turns out it's Hitler!

Futurama spoof it on one of their episodes.  It has great writing and it should because it was one of Serling's scripts.

I also think that The Monsters Are Due On Maple Street is one of the top episodes.  It's absolutely fantastic.  A neighborhood is stricken with fear when all of their electrical equipment ceases to work and no information comes in as to why it's happening.  Things worsen when an object is seen flying over the neighborhood and people fear the worst when a young boy's imagination leads them to think that they're under attack from space.

It has a s**t resolution at the end, but the events leading up to the complete breakdown of order on Maple Street are nothing short of awesome.  Serling really knew how to write unsettling television.  If only he could have figured out how to end his episodes.  It seemed like a lot of them spent so much time building tension and atmosphere and when he was down to the last page it was, "Oh yeah, by the way, it's an alien.  The End."

I still love it, though.

Visit the b-movie blog
http://www.cinema-suicide.com
The required Myspace profile
http://www.myspace.com/cinemasuicide
flackbait

The fate of the last door to door salesmen

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2007, 01:00:54 PM »

My favorite one was where the old man on his death bed made the kids and his wife wear the masks. That was kinda creepy but funny at the same time.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2007, 01:27:00 PM »

I have written quite a few Scifilm TV File reviews for "The Twilight Zone". My buddy Dr. Abner Mality made some contributions to the site too. Sadly they may well go the way of history as Scifilm eventually disappears and I have little desire anymore to continue with the TV Files at present (as to the future, who knows?). 

If you're interested, check it out while it still lasts:

http://www.scifilm.org/tv/

This link is to the Scifilm archive as it stands at present.

http://www.scifilm.org/tv/tz/

This one is for the Twilight Zone section.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
sideorderofninjas
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2007, 03:43:58 PM »

"The Obsolete Man" where Burgess Meredith plays the librarian in the future oppressive society that eliminates anyone who is judged obsolete. 

SideOrderOfNinjas
http://www.sideorderofninjas.com

"Wielding useless trivia like a katana."
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2007, 05:42:09 PM »

So many episodes. So little time. But I'm surprised no one has yet to mention the one that scared the crap out of me, when I first saw it and put me off of watching "The Twilight Zone" for years, "Will the Real Martian Please Stand Up?" A lot of good B-movie actors in that one: John Hoyt, Jack Elam, Barney Phillips, etc.
nada
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2007, 12:18:12 AM »

A few of my favourites have already been mentioned from the old series. Not the best one but "The Howling Man" had an interesting plot. The devil is trapped in a monestary until a hiker releases him. This causes WWII.

The best Twilight Zone ever has to be from the 80s series. I can't remember the name of it but it has a young boy alone caring for his evil grandmother.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2007, 08:12:28 AM »

Actually, I saw one episode of the new Twilight Zone (80's version) where a physics professor was trying to solve an enormous quantum equation . . . and the devil offered him the answer in exchange for his soul.  Great little twist on that one.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Fausto
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2007, 06:20:28 PM »

One of my all time favorite episodes...a criminal is killed in a shoot-out with police, and in the afterlife, finds himself in a swanky apartment with a servant who grants his every wish. Unfortunately, he gets very bored fast, and his conscience starts to bother him...

"When I die, I hope you will use my body creatively." - Shin Chan

"Tonight, we will honor the greatest writers in America with a modest 9 by 12 certificate and a check for three thousand dollars...three thousand dollars? Stephen King makes more than that for writing boo on a cocktail napkin." - Jimmy Breslin
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2007, 11:31:18 PM »

One of my all time favorite episodes...a criminal is killed in a shoot-out with police, and in the afterlife, finds himself in a swanky apartment with a servant who grants his every wish. Unfortunately, he gets very bored fast, and his conscience starts to bother him...

Ooo! that sounds good!

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
Raffine

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2007, 12:21:23 PM »

Many great classic episodes have been mentioned. "The Living Doll" is a favorite of mine. Telly Savalas is the unlovable step-father of a little girl, who's mother buys her a new talking doll named 'Talky Tina'. It seems Talky Tina has some rather disturbing things to say to Savalas...

"My name is Talky Tina and I'm beginning to hate you..."

Another great episode is "It's a Good Life" with lil' Billy Mumy as Anthony, a little boy with unlimited powers who holds a town in fear by threats of wishing them to the cornfield. This was really badly and wrong-headly remade for THE TWILIGHT ZONE MOVIE, making Anthony a simpering brat who just needed an adult's guiding hand. The main point of the film version seemed to be to show off some goofy, cartoonish effects. About the only 'special effect' in the original is a shadow on the wall of someone who has displeased Anthony, and it's definitely nightmare material.

Of course, in the original that kid is such a rotten little terror you'll be tempted to kick him right in...

I mean, uh, Anthony, it's real good you did all them things.

It's real good!
« Last Edit: October 10, 2007, 12:30:30 PM by Raffine » Logged

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2007, 08:54:53 PM »

What's the one with the little girl who falls out of bed and rolls into another dimension...? 

Believe it or not i had never seen twilight zone before last Thursday...
Better late than never!   Smile

..."My name is Talky Tina and I'm beginning to hate you..." 
Thumbup
Another great episode is "It's a Good Life" with lil' Billy Mumy as Anthony, ...I mean, uh, Anthony, it's real good you did all them things.  It's real good!
That episode is based on Jerome Bixby's superb story "It's A Good Life" (italics original to author). 

...Nightmare at 20,000 Feet. A man sees gremlins during his flight. There's something on the wing! Some... Thing..
That man is WILLIAM SHATNER...

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Favorite episode of THE TWILIGHT ZONE? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.