Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 06:31:12 PM
714162 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7732 Members
Latest Member: Larryfiste
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Favorite episode of THE TWILIGHT ZONE? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Favorite episode of THE TWILIGHT ZONE?  (Read 30761 times)
Raffine
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2007, 12:11:38 AM »

What's the one with the little girl who falls out of bed and rolls into another dimension...? 

That would be "Little Girl Lost", musical score by Bernard Herrmann.  Smile

Another classic Herrmann-scored episode is "Eye of the Beholder". That's the one where the woman's face is covered in bandages until the very very end. Seems she's horribly deformed and this latest surgery is her last opportunity to look normal...

« Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 12:16:49 AM by Raffine » Logged

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
VenominOhio
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2007, 12:37:50 PM »

min`es when a couple is driving and their car breaks down in a town,they go to a mechanic and while waiting they go into a restraunt and find this penny machine(you drop a penny in and ask it a question,it`ll give you the answer) the man starts believing in the machine and it does save their lives in one instance,but says they will never leave the town.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2007, 01:48:48 PM »

min`es when a couple is driving and their car breaks down in a town,they go to a mechanic and while waiting they go into a restraunt and find this penny machine(you drop a penny in and ask it a question,it`ll give you the answer) the man starts believing in the machine and it does save their lives in one instance,but says they will never leave the town.
That is the very first episode mentioned by KYGOTC, who started the thread...

I thought of one I don't think has been mentioned, don't remember the title, but Inger Stevens has a little car trouble and the same hitchhiker keeps appearing along the road...

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Raffine

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2007, 02:11:42 PM »

I thought of one I don't think has been mentioned, don't remember the title, but Inger Stevens has a little car trouble and the same hitchhiker keeps appearing along the road...

This is some sort of trick to get me started on Benny Herrmann again, right?   TeddyR

That episode is 'The Hitch-Hiker'. Herrmann's wife Lucille Fletcher wrote the original radio play, which starred Orson Welles (the main character was originally a man). Fletcher is best known as the author of Sorry, Wrong Number. Herrmann wrote the score. The TZ episode reuses Herrmann's radio score but he's not credited. 

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Oldskool138
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2007, 12:37:14 PM »

I like "The Shelter" about a doctor who is the only one on his block to build a bomb shelter (this was the Cold War after all) and his neighbors try to get him to let them in...but there's only room and supplies for the doctor and his family.

I love the twist ending TZ's but this one stands out because it's told in a very matter-of-fact way.  It's sort of a more realistic version of "Monsters Are Due on Maple Street" (another one of my all-time favs).

He learned almost too late that man is a feeling creature... and because of it, the greatest in the universe........
-Dr. Paul Nelson (Peter Graves)

That gum you like is going to come back in style.
-The Man from Another Place
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2007, 03:01:18 PM »

nightmare at 20,000 feet.  I also liked a less famous one where the mannequins at a department store come to life
Alex Undead
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2007, 07:51:20 PM »

My favorite episode would have to be "Nightmare at 20,000 Feet." That one is just awesome! It actually scared me the first time I saw it (hey, I was only about six years old!) but when I watched it again (when a bit older) I found it to be pure entertainment.

People may be laughing at me now, but someday us nerdy, cross-dressing, undead weirdos will rule the world!
D-Man
Bad Movie Lover

Only my head is tiny...

« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2007, 11:27:34 PM »

"The Eye of The Beholder" has always been my favorite of the original series as well. 

There's also an interesting (and touching) episode of the 80's Twilight Zone called "Her Pilgrim Soul".  Gary Cole plays a scientist experimenting with new hologram machine, when the spirit of a human woman who lived sometime in the last century manifests itself in the device...and later reveals some startling truths about the scientist's own life.  Most surprising of all, as that this episode was directed by Wes Craven, of all people. 
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2007, 08:07:25 AM »

I think my favorite was the one with the little old lady living in the ramshackle cabin, where a miniature flying saucer lands on her roof and she spends the episode fighting tiny spacemen.  Really fascinating how they built her character even though she had no spoken dialogue.  That's really what all the episodes were, character studies, and seeing how these very believable people reacted in the most bizarre of circumstances.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
peter johnson

« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2007, 01:33:49 PM »

My favorite episode?
"One Hundred Yards Over the Rim", by I think Charles Beaumont.  Cliff Robertson is leading a wagon train West in the 1840's.  The pioneers are starving & dying & out of water.  Robertson's son is on the verge of death from disease.  The pressure to turn back is high.  Robertson volunteers to go off in search of food and water & walks over a great sand dune & finds himself in 1959!!  His interactions with the people of the future are believeable, but he eventually freaks out & runs away when it seems as if they're trying to imprison him.  As he runs off, he snags some pennicillin from a medicine chest.  That's enough plot giveaway on that one.  Extremely well-acted & believably strange, and touching & moving in the way that so many Zones were.
peter johnson/denny crane

I have no idea what this means.
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2007, 02:36:51 AM »

My favorite episode?
"One Hundred Yards Over the Rim", by I think Charles Beaumont.  Cliff Robertson is leading a wagon train West in the 1840's.  The pioneers are starving & dying & out of water.  Robertson's son is on the verge of death from disease.  The pressure to turn back is high.  Robertson volunteers to go off in search of food and water & walks over a great sand dune & finds himself in 1959!!  His interactions with the people of the future are believeable, but he eventually freaks out & runs away when it seems as if they're trying to imprison him.  As he runs off, he snags some pennicillin from a medicine chest.  That's enough plot giveaway on that one.  Extremely well-acted & believably strange, and touching & moving in the way that so many Zones were.

peter johnson/denny crane

That soundslike a great one.

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
nada
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2007, 06:08:20 AM »

That soundslike a great one.

Sounds like a more interesting version of The Village.
SynapticBoomstick
Cinematic Monster Fanatic from Weird New Jersey
Bad Movie Lover

One monster with extra cheese, hold the plot.

« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2007, 11:54:31 PM »

What's the one with the little girl who falls out of bed and rolls into another dimension...? 

That would be "Little Girl Lost", musical score by Bernard Herrmann.  Smile

Another classic Herrmann-scored episode is "Eye of the Beholder". That's the one where the woman's face is covered in bandages until the very very end. Seems she's horribly deformed and this latest surgery is her last opportunity to look normal...

Those are two of the best episodes :-D I do not recall the name of it but it dealt with three astronauts who have crash-landed on the moon (or Mars) and have no way of communicating with home. They must make a difficult between life and death. The head astronaut eventually makes a shocking discovery...

The second one involved a woman whose home is being invaded by tiny aliens from another world who have landed on her roof.

It's so hard to contain the twist, they're so good! Ah, The Twilight Zone was a high point in story telling  Smile

Kleel's rule is harsh :-B
Sister Grace

I found my mind in a brown paper bag...

« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2007, 07:47:21 AM »

"I sing the body electric" was good, about a robot woman that takes care of some children after their mother dies but it never really struck me as something that should have never been done by the twilight zone. a litte too heart felt i guess.

"The Last Rites of Jeff MyrtleBank" a guy wakes up at his own funeral but the townspeople are sure he's really the devil.

my favorite of all is "A Kind of Stopwatch" a man has a watch that can stop time but the idiot breaks it while time is still. go figure.. Buggedout

wasn't there also one about a camera obscura? seems like it was the twighlight zone, but i'm not sure. i remember i really liked it as a kid but can't remember which series put it out.

Society, exactly as it now exists is the ultimate expression of sadomasochism in action.<br />-boyd rice-<br />On the screen, there\\\'s a death and the rustle of cloth; and a sickly voice calling me handsome...<br />-Nick Cave-
sideorderofninjas
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2007, 11:45:40 PM »

"I sing the body electric" was good, about a robot woman that takes care of some children after their mother dies but it never really struck me as something that should have never been done by the twilight zone. a litte too heart felt i guess.

"The Last Rites of Jeff MyrtleBank" a guy wakes up at his own funeral but the townspeople are sure he's really the devil.

my favorite of all is "A Kind of Stopwatch" a man has a watch that can stop time but the idiot breaks it while time is still. go figure.. Buggedout

wasn't there also one about a camera obscura? seems like it was the twighlight zone, but i'm not sure. i remember i really liked it as a kid but can't remember which series put it out.

That's a Twilight Zone episode about a camera that can take pictures 15 minutes into future.  The camera only has a few pictures it can take.  The people use it to win big at the races and the patented twist comes at the ending...

SideOrderOfNinjas
http://www.sideorderofninjas.com

"Wielding useless trivia like a katana."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Favorite episode of THE TWILIGHT ZONE? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.