Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:08:49 AM
713330 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Favorite episode of THE TWILIGHT ZONE? « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Favorite episode of THE TWILIGHT ZONE?  (Read 30638 times)
Sister Grace
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I found my mind in a brown paper bag...

« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2007, 08:28:35 AM »

That's a Twilight Zone episode about a camera that can take pictures 15 minutes into future.  The camera only has a few pictures it can take.  The people use it to win big at the races and the patented twist comes at the ending...

no, thats with a polaroid camera that some theives come across. This was about a camera obscura in an old building that an elderly man had and was showing to another man. I found the episode, it was an episode of night gallery.

Society, exactly as it now exists is the ultimate expression of sadomasochism in action.<br />-boyd rice-<br />On the screen, there\\\'s a death and the rustle of cloth; and a sickly voice calling me handsome...<br />-Nick Cave-
Amanda
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2007, 09:34:28 PM »

Night Gallery and Twilight Zone each had an episode called "Camera Obscura", I think. 

I really liked the Invaders (the lady in the cabin).   "Mute" was very good--with Ann Jillian playing the little girl whose parents taught her to communicate telepathically. 

"On Thursday We Leave for Home" was also excellent.  The man losing control of the colony he's led for 30 years is sad to me.

"Midnight Sun" is one of my favorites ever, though.  As well as "Time Enough at Last" and "Little Girl Lost".  And I am drawing a blank on the name of the Bill Mumy one, where he's the little boy who wishes people into the cornfield....that's a common threat in my house. *L* 

It's too hard to pick favorites!!!

Amanda
nada
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2007, 10:11:38 PM »

"Midnight Sun" is one of my favorites ever, though.  As well as "Time Enough at Last" and "Little Girl Lost".  And I am drawing a blank on the name of the Bill Mumy one, where he's the little boy who wishes people into the cornfield....that's a common threat in my house. *L* 

That's "It's a Good Life".
ToyMan
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2007, 04:24:13 AM »

i remember, one august night in chicago, staying up really, really late just reading a twilight zone episode guide. it had facts about the actors, production notes, insights into the underlying sentiments and themes of the program, etc.

also, chicago's big horror host, svengoolie, runs "tv graveyard" episodes from time to time, and they've shown a dozen or so episodes from time to time.

like a lot of the other members, i've probably seen all the episodes at some point or another.

faves: people are alike all over, nervous man in a four dollar room, mr dingle the strong, hocus-pocus and frisbee, printer's devil, number 12 looks like you.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2007, 04:17:53 PM by ToyMan » Logged

Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2007, 07:49:37 PM »

New Year's day, 6:00 AM, Sci Fi Channel Twilight Zone marathon looks to have all of the episodes mentioned from the original series, for those of us who do not like parades or football.
My own favorite "One for the Angels" with Ed Wynn is on at 2:00 PM

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
raj

« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2007, 02:56:34 PM »

There are so many that stand out.  One of the earliest ones I remember watching involved the guy who lived forever.

The Hitch hiker was another good one that stands out.  Then there's the one where a commuter falls asleep in a train and dreams he's in a sleepy town.

The Simpsons parodied the stopwatch one in one of their Halloween specials.  SNL parodied the pig-faced one when Pamela Anderson hosted the show (kinda funny considering all the plastic surgery she's had done, to her detriment IMO).
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and

Never give up on love

« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2008, 10:48:34 PM »

I dont know if these were Outer Limits or Twilight Zones.  And they're all just snippets of what I remember so there could be some confusion as to the actual stories.

A redneck guy who hates Jews goes to his local bar and causes a fight.  When he finally stumbles out drunk, he's back in world war 2 and mistakenly gets bundled onto a train going to the concentration camps.

The Earth is dead in the path of an enormous solar flare and only one scientist guy knows it will happen because he finds out as the flare leaves the sun and it's too late to do anything about it.  He proposes to the woman in his building who he's always had a thing for but she didn't really know him.   I think they survive, but they are the lucky few.

A little girl gets sick and Death comes to take her, but her grandfather sidetracks death's attention until after midnight/morning with card tricks.  Death can't take her after that and the girl recovers completely.

Another one with Neil Patrick Harris as a retarded kid who must save his sister and their whole town from some kind of alient spirits who only come out at night and take over their bodies.  Somehow he's immune.  I think the twist is that because he's retarded, nobody thinks he has any value.

A woman discovers that aliens are taking over people and they are disappearing.  She thinks they're being killed but they are just being transported to the alien planet to keep the population going.  Apparently they are kind aliens and give the earthlings wonderful lives.  There's some substory going on with her and her dad being on the outs with each other and she goes to him to try and make peace before they take her, but it doesn't work and the dad is left alone thinking the daughter really hates him. I think Ally Sheedy was the woman.

That's all I can think of right now.

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
What once was mine.......
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2008, 12:41:10 AM »

I dont know if these were Outer Limits or Twilight Zones.  And they're all just snippets of what I remember so there could be some confusion as to the actual stories.

A redneck guy who hates Jews goes to his local bar and causes a fight.  When he finally stumbles out drunk, he's back in world war 2 and mistakenly gets bundled onto a train going to the concentration camps.

That one sounds really good!

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2008, 12:48:55 AM »

That one sounds really good!

Sound to me like TWILIGHT ZONE: THE MOVIE segment with Vic Morrow.

My favorite "Zwilight Zone" episode is the one with Agnes Morehead where she does not say a word through the whole episode...the 'aliens' are attacking her house....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
ToyMan
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2008, 04:11:52 AM »

The Earth is dead in the path of an enormous solar flare and only one scientist guy knows it will happen because he finds out as the flare leaves the sun and it's too late to do anything about it.  He proposes to the woman in his building who he's always had a thing for but she didn't really know him.   I think they survive, but they are the lucky few.

sounds like the feature-length film the miracle mile, which was adapted for the outer limits.

Killer Bees

Never give up on love

« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2008, 12:08:11 AM »

Thanks to everyone who updated  my memories of those episodes.

Twilight Zone wasn't such a big deal here and I only ever remember watching it really late at night on odd days.  It wasn't ever a staple show by any means.

I do remember another episode where some Nazi goon guy after the war was in South America and went into an art gallery.  I think the cops were after him to capture him for the Nuremberg trials and he ended up staring at this painting of a boat on a beautiful lake.  He stared so hard at it, he became the figure in it on the boat and avoided capture.

Or something like that. 

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
Oldskool138
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2008, 08:33:05 AM »

Twilight Zone wasn't such a big deal here and I only ever remember watching it really late at night on odd days.  It wasn't ever a staple show by any means.

I do remember another episode where some Nazi goon guy after the war was in South America and went into an art gallery.  I think the cops were after him to capture him for the Nuremberg trials and he ended up staring at this painting of a boat on a beautiful lake.  He stared so hard at it, he became the figure in it on the boat and avoided capture.

Or something like that. 

That was a Night Gallery episode.  A great one but not a Twilight Zone episode.

He learned almost too late that man is a feeling creature... and because of it, the greatest in the universe........
-Dr. Paul Nelson (Peter Graves)

That gum you like is going to come back in style.
-The Man from Another Place
Killer Bees

Never give up on love

« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2008, 10:48:55 PM »

Or something like that. 

That was a Night Gallery episode.  A great one but not a Twilight Zone episode.

Thanks Oldskool.

Boy my memory sure is jumbled up about these shows!  I have enjoyed all of them though.

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2008, 12:52:39 PM »

I suspect some of those listed by Killer Bees above to be from the 80s Twilight Zone and the 90s Outer Limits series, some of which are partial remakes or retakes on some classic stories. While those shows were average to quite good on occasion, they pale in comparison to their original counterparts from the 1960s. The movie DARK CITY lifted its basic plot from a classic "Outer Limits" episode ( "A Feasibility Study"). Stuff gets borrowed and reborrowed or inspires or re-inspired. Still to me, the best sci-fi and horror is and will always be in black and white.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Killer Bees

Never give up on love

« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2008, 09:14:47 PM »

I suspect some of those listed by Killer Bees above to be from the 80s Twilight Zone and the 90s Outer Limits series, some of which are partial remakes or retakes on some classic stories. While those shows were average to quite good on occasion, they pale in comparison to their original counterparts from the 1960s. The movie DARK CITY lifted its basic plot from a classic "Outer Limits" episode ( "A Feasibility Study"). Stuff gets borrowed and reborrowed or inspires or re-inspired. Still to me, the best sci-fi and horror is and will always be in black and white.

I agree with you Jase.  I saw Dark City and loved it.  But there's something inherently creepy about black and white that adds to the chilling atmosphere.

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Favorite episode of THE TWILIGHT ZONE? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.