Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:45:12 AM
713400 Posts in 53059 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Knocked Up (2007) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Knocked Up (2007)  (Read 4757 times)
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« on: October 03, 2007, 09:52:57 AM »

KNOCKED UP (2007) - Well.........I really didn't like this film personally, but it had some genuine moments during the second half of the movie. This film gives us two dumb lead characters. One is an attractive female who is an upward moving TV person and the other a guy who is  a gross jobless druggie. In real life even if this situation did occur there is no way this female should continue to be involved with this fellow. It's just totally absurd and the jokes aren't really funny. I must admit I snickered during a few moments. Even the more offensive lines are mumbled for those who like that sort of stuff. This film got good reviews. Not sure why. For us here at badmovies.org their is that website that kinda reminds us of this website to a small degree and I like how the guy started to turn himself around. Even so I don't see why anyone would take a chance of this kind of guy. The best part of the film is the Robert Deniro impression.

(6 out of 10 Stars)  Thumbup It received good reviews. All in all a Dumb film in my opinion.

Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2007, 02:58:25 PM »

I really enjoyed Knocked Up in the theaters, enough so to pick up the 2 disc collectors edition DVD.  I guess it all depends on how you feel about Judd Apatow's sense of humor.  It's sporadic, scatological, and in my opinion hilarious.

Sure, there is no reason for the gorgeous chick (Katherine Heigel) to stay with the loser stoner (Seth Rogen).  But, within the film, they really connect and seem to have a genuine chemistry that makes the story work.

As I said I really enjoy the film and would recommend it to those that enjoyed Apatow's "40 Year Old Virgin".  One of the things that I like best about Apatow's films is that they don't actually feel like films.  There are no flashy shots, nothing to show that the director himself is trying to show off.  They are simply directed films that want to tell a story and they do so hilariously.

I'd give Knocked Up a 10/10.  I'm a fan of crude humor so it really worked well for me.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
RapscallionJones
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Grim & Frostbitten

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2007, 03:56:23 PM »

I guess it all depends on how you feel about Judd Apatow's sense of humor.  It's sporadic, scatological, and in my opinion hilarious.
Personally, I think the guy is the future of comedy.  I loved Freaks & Geeks and Undeclared and thought The 40 Year Old Virgin was hilarious.  Knocked Up was one more step up and I'm expecting big things from Superbad when I finally get around to seeing it.

There's something natural about Apatow's direction and writing and he gets a lot of good work out of his leads.

Knocked Up is really funny.  It takes all the low brow s**t that worked so well in Farelly Brothers comedies, reins it in a bit and adds characters that seem like real people.

Visit the b-movie blog
http://www.cinema-suicide.com
The required Myspace profile
http://www.myspace.com/cinemasuicide
Torgo

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2007, 05:27:42 PM »

I didn't catch Knocked Up in theaters but have picked up the 2 disc unrated DVD recently.

I thought that it was really funny but as a whole not quite as good as The 40 Year Old Virgin.

While some have said that it's not realistic that she would stay with this stoner, I've know plenty of cases in my lifetime in which a girl gets pregnant accidentally, decides to keep the baby and tries to give the father an oppurtunity the chance to be a proper father.  Most guys in this situation would run away screaming but I think that Ben's character is actually in love with her much sooner than she is with him.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Pilgermann

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2007, 07:24:55 PM »

Apatow didn't direct or write Superbad, although he was one of the producers.  It's pretty hilarious, though.  I'm afraid to say that I haven't seen The 40-Year Old Virgin or Knocked Up, but I intend to one of these days.

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2007, 08:52:47 PM »

Apatow didn't direct or write Superbad, although he was one of the producers.  It's pretty hilarious, though.  I'm afraid to say that I haven't seen The 40-Year Old Virgin or Knocked Up, but I intend to one of these days.
Yeah, he just produced Super Bad.  Seth Rogen wrote Super Bad. 

I've been a fan since Undeclared, and gotta say, I'm looking forward to picking up the Knocked Up dvd in a week or so. 

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
dean

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2007, 04:10:08 AM »

I enjoyed Knocked Up, thought it was fun, but it was nowhere near previous efforts.  I really like the whole Rogen/Apatow team, and have been a fan since Freaks and Geeks.  Knocked Up to me was an attempt at something a bit more feel good rather than out and out gross out.  It balanced the line and favoured the line of good taste with some narky moments.

To me it is the weakest effort I've seen so far, but still it's a good way to pass the time.  I just couldn't be convinced by the characters really and it distracted me.

I class this like Jersey Girl: a different but pretty good effort overall, but doesn't, in my mind at least, class with their other works.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2007, 04:48:20 PM »

I will agree that 40 YEAR OLD VIRGIN was better than KNOCKED UP. In fact a lot better. Maybe it was the story and characters. I don't know.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Knocked Up (2007) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.