Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 07:33:28 PM
714191 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7733 Members
Latest Member: Mamie94489
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Brushes with Fame.......... « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Brushes with Fame..........  (Read 5700 times)
Scott
« on: March 25, 2001, 02:23:07 PM »

Have you had any brushes with fame? A short list of people I've spoken to.

Wrestling World: Mr. Saito, Barry Windham, Larry Zybysco, Larry Sharpe, Sgt. Slaughter, Verne Gagne, The Magnificent Muraco, Butch Reed, Sam Houston

Others: Roberto Duran, Lawrence Taylor, Diana Ross
Brian Ringler
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2001, 02:37:35 PM »

Lets see, Lloyd Kaufman, Scott Thompson, Mark Mckinney, Eric Idle, That Mark Turmell guy that created NBA Jam, Many people from punk bands I like, Mr. T Experience, Reel Big Fish, Blink 182 (they played South Dakota when they were still small, probably wouldn't be caught dead there now).  

From the wrestling world Haku and Mr. Fuji, about ten years ago, probably more, there was a wrestling thing at the state fair in South Dakota, and I rode back with my friend after it and we saw wrestlers at this gas station, I remeber mr. fuji having a couple six packs in his hands as he left the gas station
Scott
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2001, 02:42:47 PM »

Ay Mr. Fuji "perhaps you won't see tommorrow". One of the great ones who used to throw salt in your eyes I've seen him in Philadelphia and Atlantic City. Haku is also very good never seen him live though.
Will
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2001, 02:57:51 PM »

Hmm, Mike Patton from Faith No More and Mr. Bungle, Jello Biafra, Frente, Vic Chesnutt, Ralph Stanley, Angelo from Fishbone, Kevin from the Backstreet Boys (ha ha ha), the Mr. T Experience, and Janet Reno.

Plus Jim Webb of Invasion of the Space Preachers and a friend of mine was in Redneck Zombies.
juiceman
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2001, 04:57:37 PM »

I must suck I've only met two famous people:  Mike Singletary and Kato Kaelin. I got a foul ball at a white sox game does that count? I also went to the Western Open and got yelled at by Justin Leonard's caddy.I have a friend who played basketball against Corey Maggette in high school.
Stupid Jacob
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2001, 05:32:51 PM »

Uhhh. The closet i got was the fact my grandma went to school with Alan Rickman.
Faerie Of Death
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2001, 11:59:44 PM »

When I was in first grade, my little league coach was a saxophone player for Billy joel, though I didn't know it at the time.  There was also a guy on my quiz bowl team whose cousin was in The Indian In the Cupbord movie, somebody Malothra.  A good friend of mine is dating the daughter of Diane Carrey, the Star Trek writer.  And I went to high school with another young murderer, John Espie, but I suppose that's not much to be proud of.  That's about it, not much happens in my town.
Matt
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2001, 12:31:32 AM »

I live in Chicago and about 6 years ago Sandra Bullick (the chick from "Speed") was filming "While You Were Sleeping" in the loop. I was having lunch with a couple of friends and notice that filming was going on. I saw Sandra and ran into a Radio Shack and bought a "one time use" camera. I asked Sandra if I could get a picture, she said no, then her body guards moved in to get me out of the way. I was p**sed, but after thinking about, she must get 1000 a***oles a day asking for a picture. That number may be down to 100 in the recent years....

Other than that, I work for AT&T Broadband and the guy from the Sopranos, Fureo - the guy who came over from Italy - stopped into the corporate office. He was cool, and he allowed pictures to be taken!
Gerry
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2001, 02:26:28 PM »

I met Larry Linville (Frank Burns on M*A*S*H).  I was in a high school Shakespeare acting competition, and he judged my scene.  He was pretty cool.  I even got his signature on the judging form (then I lost it--being a teenager sucks).
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Brushes with Fame.......... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.