Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 02:03:45 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Ghidorah: The Three-Headed Monster (Capsule Review) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ghidorah: The Three-Headed Monster (Capsule Review)  (Read 19059 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: October 09, 2007, 06:00:35 PM »

Mothra asks Godzilla and Rodan to please, please help it stop the new monster from outer space, before Ghidorah destroys mankind. 

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
bobbynyc
New Visitor

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2007, 10:32:39 AM »

In Re the second mothra - in the recently released Japanese language version the Fairies say that one of the young mothra's has died - it's not specified from what  - perhaps injuries suffered at the hands of Godzilla or just special effects budgets.

God I am such a geek.  Lookingup
Xenorama
Dedicated Viewer

define "bad", please

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2007, 01:40:39 AM »

nice review.  the question about the second larva is one that has puzzled fans for years.  one does take a pretty good beating in the previous movie.

however, the "real" reason is that they needed two for GODZILLA VS THE THING, and only one for this movie.  since all the original Godzilla movies don't have a strict continuity, most of the time they didn't bother with such things in the script.  the screenwriters never figured that obsessed fans would think about such things!  BounceGiggle

great movie though!

David

"The length of a film should be directly related to the endurance of the human bladder." ~ Alfred Hitchcock
Project: Marine Boy
Xenorama Message Board
daveblackeye15

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2007, 01:03:08 AM »

Good review did the film justice. But I dislike the little stab at the pit bulls. They get enough bad rep as is.

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2007, 08:03:56 PM »

Good review did the film justice. But I dislike the little stab at the pit bulls. They get enough bad rep as is.

Unfortunately, the Pit Bull breed itself has been damaged by the image fostered of them as aggressive dogs.  People have been breeding Pit Bulls for aggressiveness and that poisons the breed as a whole.  There is a reason that descriptions of traits desirable in a breed include temperament.  Unless the process is halted and reversed, Pit Bulls might become a breed that should disappear.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
George
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2008, 03:49:26 PM »

Well well,here it is,billed as the 1964,(in Japan,it wasn't released here until the following year),blockbuster Monster of all Monster movies,Ghidrah-The 3 Headed Monster!.
Yep three heads alright,so he, they,whatever could go head to head to head with the already established 3 Toho biggies Rodan,Mothra,and I say (The alleged King of the Monsters),Godzilla,the reason I say that is he's never fought Gamera yet,but that's a different story for another time.
Anyway,a meteor crashes to Earth and at the same our old friend from the Dogara movie,Yosuke Natsuki,is still on the job and assigned to protect the love Saleina Soulna,Akiko Wakabayshi,who just happened to be killed by her gangster boss on the afore mentioned Dogara. From a band of killers that want to take over her small country in Himalayas.
While on the way she (our princess,who just happens to look like the Rhoda Morgensterinson of Japan),looks out the window and has a ufo encounter,they tramsforum her into a Martian who predicts the comming doom in the form of The 3 Headed menace.
By now our killers know it's really her so send there top assassin to get her with alittle help from the Japanese Mob,one of whom just happens to be,Susumu Kurobe,(no not our Hayatta!!,please in the name of Ultraman,say it ain't so!).
If things couldn't get they do,first Rodan appears at the crater of MT.Aceoff,then despite our Martian girls warning not to go on this Carnival Cruse,they do anyway and our set on fire by Godzilla!.
Earlier in our movie we had to sit through the What are doing now show,featuring those two tiny fairies explaining to the children that one of the old gray geese died,I mean one of the Mothras who fought Godzilla earlier this year died,oh that Mothra song again!?,at least it was only once in this show,thank God,this time an off screen beauty queen told what it meant,way far away on the other side of the dark green sea,and please send it there to it's watery grave,for good!.
 Shindo sister,Youriko Hoshi,who's still a reporter,meets the Martina and the Fairies,the same time the killers do,fortunately Shindos there too and so they take for the doctors office,run by none other than the original discoverer of Godzilla,Takashi Shimura!.
While all this is happening the meteorite breaks open and out comes Ghidrah!,and believe he,they,whatever aren't here to spread a little sunshine our way!.
The monster goes for Tokyo and make a shambles of the city.
The Military and government make a desperate appeal for help from the fairies to send Mothra to try to convince Godzilla and Rodan to help "Save The Earth",anyone remember that song from aips last monster movie Godzillla vs. The Smog Monster?.
It seems they are all destine to meet in the mountainous area,Monsters,Killers.Our Hero,The Princess,and so they do!.
The fight between the 4 monsters was fair,but before then Godzilla and Rodan played alittle volleyball,Mothra finally convinces them to join him to stop Ghidrah,they don't kill him,he they,well you know,have had enough and just leave planet Earth.
Oh you just know he'll be back again someday,as for Shindo and the Princess,things looked pertty bad,high powered rifle vs. small handgun,until a rather embarrassing moment during the monster fight caused more falling rocks to fall the killers direction,oh and I forgot to mention the princess regained her memory after taking a plunge off the ledge,since it was trees and rocks all the way down,I'm giving her a perfect score of 10!.
All in all one of the early classics in the Godzilla Toho entry,with the promise of more Ghidrah movies to come.
George
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2010, 01:24:12 PM »

It appears that Sony got Ghidrah-The 3 Headed Monster right,all the way through!.
Ghidrah is the complete version we all saw way back when TV was worth watching.

A rarity for Sony to have a complete version of anything,and after all these years of international versions,like Godzilla against the Sea Monster and Godzilla and Son,and lee us not forget the ruined Godzilla vs. The Smog Monster,all they had to do was put the girl singing the Save The Earth song in English on there about 3 times I believe,and Sony couldn't even do that!,and no matter what else,despite Sony finally getting an AIP version of Godzilla vs. The Thing,they seemed predestine to have at least one scene,even though this time it's just a little one,missing from the movie.
Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2011, 09:05:35 PM »

Mothra asks Godzilla and Rodan to please, please help it stop the new monster from outer space, before Ghidorah destroys mankind. 

You make a great point about Toho experimenting with monster fighting, Andrew. 

Look at the films that came afterward, but in that same general time: Frankenstein Conquers The World was a very physical film that saw Koji Furuhata (Frankenstein) taking his lumps and bumps as he was mauled by the master himself, Haruo Nakajima (Baragon.)

War Of The Gargantuas also had some nasty fighting in it.

It could be said these films were the pilot films for the physical skills Toho was honing in their suit actors, as well as the skills of the puppeteers who were using wire FX in some scenes.

These crafts paid off very well, and were the pinnacle of Toho's mastery in Destroy All Monsters.  It was rumored that there were over 11 puppeteers behind the scenes at all times in the movie, and not once did they cross their wires at all.  Now that's some skill!

As well, Gorosaurus' kick to Ghidorah's back was a georgeous scene.

For their time, (and their budgets) Toho made some very good movies, and from optical FX to suit acting, and miniatures, they were the masters. Their likes shall not be seen again.  Bluesad

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2011, 05:45:07 PM »

Unfortunately, the Pit Bull breed itself has been damaged by the image fostered of them as aggressive dogs.  People have been breeding Pit Bulls for aggressiveness and that poisons the breed as a whole.  There is a reason that descriptions of traits desirable in a breed include temperament.  Unless the process is halted and reversed, Pit Bulls might become a breed that should disappear.

Not to mention what Michael Vick did to the poor things Bluesad

Temperament is just as influenced by the owners' treatment of the animal, as the genetics of the breed.

There's an old saying that you can "make a pet of a wild animal, or make a wild animal of a pet."    This is a saying that has a lot of weight, as treatment of the animal also detrmines it's overall temperament.

Another thing to watch for is "food aggressiveness." If a dog attacks you while you approach it during mealtime, that's also a very undesirable trait.  Of the many things that are to be considered before purchasing a dog, temperament is the most important.

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Ghidorah: The Three-Headed Monster (Capsule Review) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.