Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:13:06 AM
714232 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Kentucky Fried Movie « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Kentucky Fried Movie  (Read 5611 times)
Mortal Envelope
Bad Movie Lover

Manos...it's frightening!

« on: October 11, 2007, 11:51:15 AM »

Ah one of the early attempts by the makers of Airplane!  This movie is very dated but it does have a few funny bits.  Most of the jokes are takes on various commercials of the day (70s) and seem kinda flat compared to spoofs we're used to now-a-days.

Some of it was downright painful to watch but there were some very funny gems amongst the crap.  My favorite segment is the "Fistful of Yen" spoof of "Enter the Dragon" which did a great job of poking fun at Bruce Lee in that film.  Other great spots were when Big Jim Slade bursts through the walls (especially during the love-making record tutorial ...and that guy didn't even mind Big Jim taking his woman away!).  And another good bit was the "Catholic School Girls Gone Crazy" or something like that.  I don't know what it is about bare boobs being pressed against glass but it sure is funny...every time I see it.
GoHawks
Bad Movie Lover

Happiness is a dancing beagle.

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2007, 01:33:00 PM »

The movie definitely staggers, but that is because it is simply a collection of short skits and one not-so-short movie spoof.  Overall, I like it.   Thumbup

My favorite KFM piece of trivia is that the actor who played the Bruce Lee character, Evan C. Kim, played Dirty Harry's (Clint Eastwood) partner in The Dead Pool.  It's my favorite because when I saw The Dead Pool the first time, I knew he looked familiar but couldn't place him.  It wasn't until years later that the IMDB gave me the answer.

"Please do not offer my god a peanut."  -  Apu
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2007, 03:08:57 PM »

when i was growing up, this was one of the movies everyone wanted to see.  You had to find a kid whose parents were cool enough to let him rent r movies.

another one is "Can I do it till I need Glasses".  little dirty jokes acted out
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2007, 03:41:32 PM »

another one is "Can I do it till I need Glasses".  little dirty jokes acted out

And even better than "Can I Do it 'til I Need Glasses" is its predecessor "If You Don't Stop . . . You'll Go Blind."

These movies (and many similar ones like "The Boob Tube", The Groove Tube", and "Tunnelvision") played at the drive-ins year after year . . . often as triple features!

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2007, 03:50:33 PM »

My favorite segment is the "Fistful of Yen" spoof of "Enter the Dragon" which did a great job of poking fun at Bruce Lee in that film.  Other great spots were when Big Jim Slade bursts through the walls (especially during the love-making record tutorial ...and that guy didn't even mind Big Jim taking his woman away!).  And another good bit was the "Catholic School Girls Gone Crazy" or something like that.  I don't know what it is about bare boobs being pressed against glass but it sure is funny...every time I see it.
It's "Catholic High School Girls In Trouble..."  I love the "Fistful Of Yen" bit ("This is Butkiss, Klahn's bodyguard, he is tough and ruthless...This is Kwan, Klahn's chauffeur, he is rough and toothless...") "Cleopatra Schwartz..." and the Courtroom with Tony Dow appearing as Wally Cleaver...  BounceGiggle

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2007, 09:21:41 PM »

Used to love to see this on cable, probably wouldn't hold up as well now, but still made me laugh the last time I saw it about five years ago.

Plus, when it would turn up on basic cable, I loved how they wouldn't even try to edit the "Catholic School Girls" segment, but would just skip it entirely, yet the credits for it would still roll at the end. It was always funny to explain to people who had only seen it on basic cable that they were missing some good stuff.

It was an offensive and throwaway bit, but I always like the skit about the nerdy daredevil.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2007, 09:41:34 PM »

Used to love to see this on cable, probably wouldn't hold up as well now, but still made me laugh the last time I saw it about five years ago.

Plus, when it would turn up on basic cable, I loved how they wouldn't even try to edit the "Catholic School Girls" segment, but would just skip it entirely, yet the credits for it would still roll at the end. It was always funny to explain to people who had only seen it on basic cable that they were missing some good stuff.

It was an offensive and throwaway bit, but I always like the skit about the nerdy daredevil.

I love this film, especially the parody of Bruce Lee and the "Catholic High School Girls in Trouble" bit.  There are a couple of parts in the movie that are incredibly wrong, but darn funny.  Big Jim Slade bursting in during the sex record walk-through was just one of them.

Anyway, I think you'd be surprised.  For me, the film has held up over the years - better than others like "Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Sex* But Were Afraid To Ask" (which I still enjoy, but when I was younger it made me laugh so hard that I was in pain).

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Torgo

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2007, 10:25:06 PM »

Fistful of Yen is pure genius. I also like the Catholic School Girls in Trouble skit a lot as well.

This movie is dated, yes, but it is still very funny.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Kentucky Fried Movie « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.