Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:32:42 AM
713387 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Non-Hot Actresses « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Non-Hot Actresses  (Read 43388 times)
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2008, 05:47:28 AM »

I have to agree with the Sandra Oh mention.  My wife always have a conversation during Grey's Anatomy.  I can't go one episode without saying something along the lines of "Damn she is ugly!".  My wife on the other hand thinks she is quite attractive.  I think she looks like a dog that has chased a parked car and has slammed it's face into the car's bumper.  The flat face just doesn't work for me, and I find most Asian women to be quite hot.

About 20 years ago, a professor I know gave a little slide show to the church youth group on his trip to China. I remember him saying that a flat face is considered quite beautiful by Chinese standards. I would imagine the same goes for Koreans.

I've kind of crossed over. I used to class Sandra Oh in the homely as hell category. But since she's from Canada, she gets plastered on a lot of magazines here. After staring at enough of her glamour shots in the supermarket checkout line (attractive or not, her face invites closer examination), I now find her oddly attractive.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
JJ80
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2008, 12:28:45 PM »

Weirdly I've never seen the attraction in either Marilyn Monroe or Julia Roberts. I can't see what is attractive about either of them.
ghouck
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2008, 10:53:35 PM »

I never liked Julia much either, until I saw Erin Brockovich. Her liberal use of the F-word kinda turned me on. . .  Pity she didn't let the twins out in it though. .

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2008, 07:19:12 PM »

Julianne Nicholson.  She was in Strom of the Century and Law and Order for a few episodes.  Not Hollywood hot-but attractive in home town girl attractive.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
BTM

« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2008, 12:01:09 PM »

Weirdly I've never seen the attraction in either Marilyn Monroe or Julia Roberts. I can't see what is attractive about either of them.

Been told with Marilyn it wasn't just her looks but the way her whole body personaility just screamed sensuality.  Or maybe it's one of those "first of her kind" type things.  (That is, when something is the first of any category, it automatically stays in the history books.)

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2008, 06:58:26 PM »

And BTW, what is it about Carrie-Anne Moss (Trinity) that makes her so SEXY, without being PRETTY? She doesn't fit the typical mold of a 'beautiful' woman, , but, , she makes my pants get a couple sizes too tight, if you know what I mean. .

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2008, 07:48:12 PM »

I think it's all those vinyl bodysuits...

just a guess.
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2008, 07:57:09 PM »

I don't see the attraction to Angelina Jolie. She seems haggard to me, looks like she smells, and those freakish lips look like she gets stung by bees every morning when she wakes up. Is it because everybody thinks she's so "bad ass" and "independent"? I don't get it. Question

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge
Torgo

« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2008, 10:04:18 PM »

And BTW, what is it about Carrie-Anne Moss (Trinity) that makes her so SEXY, without being PRETTY? She doesn't fit the typical mold of a 'beautiful' woman, , but, , she makes my pants get a couple sizes too tight, if you know what I mean. .

I thought that she was quite fetching in Memento.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2008, 11:13:30 PM »

I don't see the attraction to Angelina Jolie. She seems haggard to me, looks like she smells, and those freakish lips look like she gets stung by bees every morning when she wakes up. Is it because everybody thinks she's so "bad ass" and "independent"? I don't get it. Question

I think you need your head examined, BOTH heads  BounceGiggle

Actually, I don't think she looks HAGGARD at all, and I think her lips are sexy. I'm still trying to figure out what you mean by "looks like she smells". . Yes, she has a nose, what else is she supposed to do with it?

peter johnson

« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2008, 01:20:45 PM »

I'm totally on-board with Angelina Jolie -- I think it's the cool calm detatched manner in which she handles herself in her later action films that really sets the bar high, though I thought she was gorgeous in "Girl Interrupted" as well.
Marilyn Monroe is an acquired taste, and the films that made her what she was in her day:  "The Seven-Year Itch", "Niagra", etc., simply aren't shown with any regularity these days & as she recedes into the past, nobody is inclined to rent these from the shelves.  You really have to give her a chance to grow on you -- merely seeing the reruns of what are today considered her 2 classic films:  "The Misfits" and "Some Like It Hot", don't really give the whole picture of her quality.  She created a sex character much like Mae West did in her day, but was actually a very good actress in her own right.  I  think she'd have done much better today than in the '50's and early '60's.
While I love Julia Roberts in her own right -- especially the underrated "Mary Reilly", with John Malkovich -- , I've never understood her "sex appeal" quotient.  She's reasonably attractive, but not someone I'd look at twice were I to pass her on the sidewalk.  I just don't get it when someone does an article about how "sexy" she is -- How?
Two other sex icons of modern times that I've never understood:  Farrah Fawcett and Susan Sommers.  Farah Fawcett is sort of off-putting in a redneck Texas cheerleader sort of way, and Susan Sommers is downright homely.  Go figure . ..
peter johnson/denny eyesight

I have no idea what this means.
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2008, 01:27:50 PM »

Actually, I don't think she looks HAGGARD at all, and I think her lips are sexy. I'm still trying to figure out what you mean by "looks like she smells". . Yes, she has a nose, what else is she supposed to do with it?

To me she looks worn out and kinda leathery. And the lips just look like a bad colegin (sp?) job even though they're natural. She looks to me like she smells bad. There's something about her that makes my nose think of armpit hair and a hot, humid summer day. Beyond her boobs and her ass I'd have to put a bag over her head and hold my nose. Not a popular opinion on my part but I still think she's a butterface none the less.

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2008, 01:36:13 PM »

Agree with Anubis on Angelina Jolie, she does absolutely nothing for me.  Maybe she's just not my type, or maybe it's the fact that everything I've seen her in, she's got a complete and utter lack of any sort of human personality.  I'd much rather have pretty much any of the girls on the Weather Channel or the Food Netword over her any day (Well, except for the Barefoot Contessa).  Same with Marilyn Monroe, she just seems like her IQ is in the teens and her whole life must have revolved around getting wasted and getting laid. 
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 01:45:56 PM by Jack » Logged

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Brother Buzzard
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2008, 09:09:54 PM »

Maureen Dowd:

Grossitosis! Then there's Dimitra Arliss who played "Loretta" from The Sting:

She reminded me a lot of one of Warren Harding's mistresses from back in the '20s, so she does fit the bill for that movie. She just doesn't look all that appealing to me.

Barbara Streisand still looked pretty good when she was Catwoman back in Batman Returns, but age has not been kind to her. As for Ann Coulter, she's actually very beautiful in person, though she's over the hill now and going the same way as Barbara Streisand.

Angelina Jolie does have ENORMOUS LIPS. Some people like that and some people don't...
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2008, 12:32:52 AM »

Same with Marilyn Monroe, she just seems like her IQ is in the teens and her whole life must have revolved around getting wasted and getting laid. 

Well then one of us in all screwed up then, because that is EXACTLY what I look for in a woman. . .
I'm just lookin' for a woman with a trust fund, a corvette, a fishing boat, who lives next to a bar, and has a huge set of jugs. Is that too much to ask for?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Non-Hot Actresses « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.