Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:36:18 AM
713383 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Internet Radio « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Internet Radio  (Read 5311 times)
Mortal Envelope
Bad Movie Lover

Manos...it's frightening!

« on: October 15, 2007, 01:03:58 PM »

Sometimes, due to my excentric tastes for the odd and unusual...not to mention my ultimately rural and out-of-touch-with-any-real-culture location, I have to resort to the Internet to find new (and sometimes old) cutting edge music.

My favorite so far is http://somafm.com, which broadcasts several channels of varous mood-oriented soundscapes.  Mostly electronica and ambient, there seems to be something for everyone in that genre.  My favorite is the Doomed channel, which is proto-industrial-goth soundscapes, which are quit fitting for this time of year, but I also have a thing for the ambient Drone channel.

The Secret Agent channel is quite amusing as well, especially for your private eyes, spy masters, and James Bond types.  But there are some techno channels as well as a few more specific types such as Intellidance, college lo-fi, and Space-music.  So if you're into that type of thing, check it out.

So what other Internet radio stations have you heard of?  I'm always ready for more interesting music. 
Snivelly
Bad Movie Lover

....a heady mix of ignorance and enthusiasm.

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 01:53:44 PM »

This one isn't a radio station so much as a service that takes an artist or song that you like and finds similar music or musical acts. 

http://www.pandora.com/

For example, if I enter "Peter Gabriel", I not only get songs he's recorded, but I'll get some artists he's worked with, or songwriters with similar styles.  I've found some things I really like through Pandora, I highly recommend it.

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't the sport for you.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2007, 06:59:34 PM »

You might want to consider signing up for a profile at last.fm: http://www.last.fm/music/.  If you play some mp3's or CDs, it will create charts of your listening habits and match you up with users with similar tastes.  The sound quality isn't the best, but the radio works well for discovering new things: you can listen to artists who are similar to an artist you like, listen to tracks that are in a particular person or group's profile, listen to music that's been tagged by the users (your post inspired me to listen to "secret agent tag radio" and the first thing I heard was a cool 60s "la-la-la" style piece from film composer Krzysztof Komeda, who I wasn't familar with before).  Lots of ways to explore new music.  Highly recommended.

BTW I'm Pandarus there: http://www.last.fm/user/pandarus/

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2007, 10:16:49 PM »

I second Snivelly's recommendation for Pandora.
It is pretty cool!   Thumbup

It "learns" from your music choices and does seem to play all the cool songs you like.
Go to the link below for more info on it...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pandora_radio
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Never give up on love

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2008, 12:30:53 AM »

For me it would have to be:

www.radioio.com

I found this by accident and they play all new music, but not garbage like rap and R & B, just all new music by new and not so new artists.

It was there I found out about these excellent artists:

Alex Lloyd
Delta Goodrem
Frou Frou
Jeffrey Gaines
Janah
Jason Mraz
Jonatha Brooke
Merrie Amsterburg
John Mayer
Richard Ashcroft
Travis
Holly McNarland
Joydrop
Zero 7
Morcheeba
Adrian Belew
Beck

and many others I can't think of right now. 

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
Bring back what once was mine
What once was mine.......
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Internet Radio « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.