Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:17:00 AM
713386 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Your Repeat Viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Your Repeat Viewings  (Read 15610 times)
Yaddo 42
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2007, 11:01:37 PM »

I hate What About Bob?, the only reason I can think why is because I find it strange that everyone except Richard Dreyfuss finds Bob charming or takes pity on him, just not able suspend disbelief that far.

My repeat viewings:

Big Jake - used to watch this every chance I could
My Favorite Brunette - before infomercials took over this used to air all the time, I love Hope's dialogue and narration, I still say "Hello, Sniv." from time to time, which no one gets.
My Name is Nobody - comfort film, when I need laughs.
Winter Kills - Fell in love with this one when I got it on DVD, a neglected paranoid conspiracy and great black humor satire gem IMO, love the scene with Jeff Bridges and Anthony Perkins.
Murphy's War - my late night or home sick in bed got to film
The Third Man - has a hypnotic effect on me. Also watching this one every chance I got on TV during a major depression became a fixation. May have helped keep me sane at times, I mentioned this in a earlier thread on a similar topic.
Blazing Saddles - used to have this one memorized.
Horror Express - the perfect lazy weekend afternoon or late night movie.
The Terror - another public domain classic that just lives on and on.
Yojimbo - because Toshiro Mifune was the man.
Point Blank - Lee Marvin proving that real badasses don't have to brag or boast. Awesome gangster/ghost story, like a film noir in broad daylight.
The Stunt Man - used to air all the time on a B'Ham station on weekends, had the same sanity preserving effect on me as The Third Man, but to a lesser degree.
The Proposition - My most recent frequent viewer. Every frame is darkly beautiful.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2007, 11:16:54 PM »

I had a chance to buy "My Favorite Brunette" at the dollar store. Maybe I should pick it up. 

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2007, 09:23:40 PM »

I rarely watch movies twice because there are still so many great ones I haven't seen the first time.  Still, as I turn forty next year it seems I've forgotten the details of some of the movies I saw in my teens and early twenties and can watch them again like they were new films. 

I was curious to see Neil Jordan's arthouse werewold movie THE COMPANY OF WOLVES (1984) again because I remember being very impressed by it when it came out, but I heard people trash it occasionally over the years.  Turns out my memory was right, it was full of very vivid images and an engaging, dreamlike story.

The only criticisms might be that it was not to subtle in its central metaphor of sexuality as a bestial force that destroys the innocence of childhood, but subtlety is overrated when everything else is working.  Plus, there's several "dog for wolf" shots that are pretty obvious and distracting.  Still, I guess the people who didn't like it just felt cheated out of a generic, predictable werewolf story with lots of gore.  **** out of *****.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 09:29:27 PM by Rev. Powell » Logged

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2007, 09:43:31 PM »

I rarely watch movies twice because there are still so many great ones I haven't seen the first time.  Still, as I turn forty next year it seems I've forgotten the details of some of the movies I saw in my teens and early twenties and can watch them again like they were new films. 

I rarely watch a film twice myself. No matter how good it is. There are a few I'd like to see again like DEAD AND BURIED which I saw at the theater and a number of other films I haven't seen in many years. Neat to view films with your later 20/20 B-Movie vision.  Smile

Took a small video production class in 1995 and we also learnt to watch films differently than a regular viewer. Though I can turn off this super power at will. At least I think I can. TeddyR
« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 09:45:58 PM by Scott » Logged

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2007, 08:59:37 AM »

yeah i never re watch movies.   

Young Ones, Sea lab, and and old ultraman movie on vhs I have watched many times though
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and

Never give up on love

« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2007, 11:13:41 PM »

I really love Children of Men.  I saw the movie and then read the book.  They were both very different from each other, but I loved both.

Another fave is V for Vendetta.  I watched Flushed Away on the weekend and it's become a fave as well.  Those singing slugs absolutely kill me! BounceGiggle

But I think my absolute favourite right now is Stranger Than Fiction.  I can usually take of leave Will Ferrell, but he does a great job as a straight man and I could really believe the chemistry between him and Maggie Gyllenhaal.

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
Bring back what once was mine
What once was mine.......
Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2007, 01:55:17 AM »

I had a chance to buy "My Favorite Brunette" at the dollar store. Maybe I should pick it up. 

Got a copy Sunday for $.50. at Dollar Tree.

I forgot one for my list: Sexy Beast. That cast, that dialogue, the look, the music, the building sense of dread, the quick and messy nature of violence. And Ben Kingsley making you forget he ever played Gandhi.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2007, 12:44:25 AM »

I re watch films at time, because I usually pick up something I missed the first time.

Rewatchability (ok it's not a word ... yet)

Outlaw Josey Wales
Jeremiah Johnson
Amadeus
Rocky Horror Picture Show
All Marx Brother films.
A Christmas Story
Ben Hur
Full Metal Jacket
Kiss Me Quick (stupid fun)
Saving Private Ryan
Patton
Moulin Rouge (yes I like it)
5th Element
High Fidelity

oh and a bunch more ...

the ghoul
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2007, 01:05:32 AM »

Goke: Body Snatcher From Hell.  One of my all-time faves.  I recently watched the subtitled Japanese language version for the first time.  It was great, but I think I like the English dubbed version better because of the cheese factor.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2007, 06:43:02 AM »

I re watch films at time, because I usually pick up something I missed the first time.

Rewatchability (ok it's not a word ... yet)

Outlaw Josey Wales

Rocky Horror Picture Show
All Marx Brother films.

Ben Hur
Full Metal Jacket
Kiss Me Quick (stupid fun)
Saving Private Ryan

Moulin Rouge (yes I like it)

OUTLAW JOSE WALES- Clint Eastwood  westerns are my favorite...and this is my favorie American western. I like the old bird..."Diddly squat."  Thumbup
 ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW-Ugh! Unfourtanatly...I have been subjected to this time and again by a room full of giggling women. I don't like musicals...with very few exceptions-(ROCK and ROLL HIGH SCHOOL being one of them.)
 The MARX BROS>-Are like Bugs Bunny cartoons...I could watch them forever!
 BEN HUR-A classic!
 FULL METAL JACKET-Every Kubrick Movie I have ever seen has a permanent place in my movie collection...I've rewatched this one almost as much as the SHINING.
 SAVING PRIVATE RYAN is the BEST war movie ever made. Not many films can make me tear-up...but this one can.
 MOULIN ROUGE-My wifey made me watch this. And...I actually enjoyed it-which is odd...because-(see RHPS comment).
Goke: Body Snatcher From Hell.  One of my all-time faves.  I recently watched the subtitled Japanese language version for the first time.  It was great, but I think I like the English dubbed version better because of the cheese factor.

I saw this subtitled on TCM...WOW! For such a cheezy title...what a surreal movie! GREAT!!!! Thumbup

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Your Repeat Viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.