Main Menu

TRIP WITH THE TEACHER (1974)

Started by zombie no.one, October 19, 2007, 08:44:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zombie no.one

not exactly a 'bad movie' but I'll post this on this board anyway.

I bought this on DVD the other day, second hand, but there's not much info on amazon about it. Apparently this was an original 'Grindhouse' movie shown back to back with another. thought I'd give a little review...

*spoilers alert*

The film centres on a bunch of 14-15 yr old schoolgirls being taken on a holiday by their teacher on a old bus through middle america. It starts off like an idyllic good-time road-movie.soon after the start the schoolbus breaks down, and along come 3 bikers,two of who are brothers, the other who has just met them as he helped them fix one of their burst tyres on the roadside at the start of the film) come along to 'help' them, which actually means the two brothers hold the schoolteacher + schoolgirls + the other guy they met hostage in a nearby shack. then they kill the busdriver, rape the girls' teacher, and generally leer over the girls in a disturbing manner. the guy they met tries to get help on his bike, but is chased down and killed. then one of the girls tries to escape and is chased down and brutally killed. as the two evil brothers set about continuing their reign of terror, the other biker guy we thought had died comes back and kills the 2 bad guys.

All in all a very disturbing movie which almost definitely wouldn't be made today, in fact I'm quite surrised it was made back then...if anyone else has seen this,post your thoughts.

please do not mock my potato.

The Burgomaster

This is actually included on a Gridhouse Double Feature DVD with another, similar sex-comedy.  It's part of a series of Grindhouse double-feature discs.  I saw a few of them in Best Buy the other day.
"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."

Scott

These are some of those crazy films. Been trying to watch them all to get a good handle on film history. It's interesting to see when things first are put on film in different ways and then see how they influence other films. This film sounds pretty extreme.

zombie no.one

I've watched this 4 times now since buying it...its brilliant.

It's a sub-grindhouse 70's classic...

rent/buy/borrow/steal this film. IMO
please do not mock my potato.

lester1/2jr

that's looks awesome.  the schoolgirl report series is pretty badass as well