Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:17:41 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Khaz: Your Avatar... « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Khaz: Your Avatar...  (Read 4327 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: October 19, 2007, 11:02:05 AM »

...Cracks me up.  If you want to know something funny, just wait until my review for "House 2" is posted in about a week.  I wrote that a bit ago and it contains a reference to "The Oregon Trail."

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Khaz
Bad Movie Lover

Classic.

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2007, 12:09:27 PM »

Hehe, Thanks! I didn't know if anyone else would catch that refrence as it seems that I am the only person I know that played Oregon Trail. I have a t-shirt with that same logo on it that I made, and everyone is allways WTF? To witch I usally reply with "oh, you must have drowned then" and walking away. Great fun!

I see you are playing stupid... Looks like you're winning
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2007, 12:14:18 PM »

I knew it for Oregon Trail.  I played that in the 5th grade.
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2007, 04:03:22 PM »

We used to have a day set aside in elementary school where we could play about an hour of Oregon Trail.  I usually drowned or died of dysentery.  Now that I think back on it, wasn't the game a bit morbid for us kids?

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2007, 04:17:54 PM »

You know how it is, in those days we were more resilient than those namby pamby kids of today....Helmets and elbow pads for skating?  We didn't even wear those to jump off the roof!  Just Dad's old construction hardhat.  Blah blah blah pass the geritol.  ZZZZzzzzz

But I digress.  I don't rememer how I died, I only remember shooting a shotgun at a deer on occaision.  I don't rememer playing the actual game much. 
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2007, 10:48:30 PM »

I remember the game, but it was never one of my favorites. I think I just died too often. I was always more of a Lode Runner man--I could play that for hours and hours on end (and did, quite often). I also killed a lot of brain cells with Karateka and a few other games whose names escape me at the moment (because I'm old, goshdarnit, now get me my prune juice!) on my old Apple ][e. Side note: I played Lode Runner on an amber screen (as opposed to the more common green screens), so the bad guys looked like shirtless, well-tanned guys in white pants. Since the main guy was all white, and since this was before the time when any reference to another's ethnicity was considered bigoted (particularly from a white person), I used to tell people I was playing Galactic Border Patrol, and that I was the BP agent, confiscating the illegals' bales of marijuana. Good times, good times...zzzzzzz.

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
Susan
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2007, 11:00:03 PM »

have fun
Khaz
Bad Movie Lover

Classic.

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2007, 05:49:58 AM »

Lode runner was the other 8 bit fav of mine too Derf! Love the link Susan, reminded me about all the other amusing aspects of that game. Like the amusing headstones you could put up for your family that died of cholera, dysentery, drowning or during a food raid. Yay! I think I'm going to have to try playing again and see if I still suck. Cheers

I see you are playing stupid... Looks like you're winning
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2007, 08:57:16 PM »

I remember my daughter playing Oregon Trail on the computer about 1995.

Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2007, 09:41:18 PM »

Thanks, Susan! I downloaded the emulator and a few of the games and had a great afternoon reliving some memories. I can't believe how some of those 8-bit images brought out the warm fuzzies. Karma for you!

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
flackbait

The fate of the last door to door salesmen

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2007, 01:02:36 AM »

Hehe, Thanks! I didn't know if anyone else would catch that refrence as it seems that I am the only person I know that played Oregon Trail. I have a t-shirt with that same logo on it that I made, and everyone is allways WTF? To witch I usally reply with "oh, you must have drowned then" and walking away. Great fun!
I remember that game. Hell The only reason I even remember it is because my fifth grade teacher let us play his old Mac. I never really got that far, didn't stop me from playing though  Smile
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Khaz: Your Avatar... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.