Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:13:49 PM
713359 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Christmas Shopping: How Much Have You've Been Doing? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Christmas Shopping: How Much Have You've Been Doing?  (Read 4020 times)
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Let's all be Friends.

« on: December 17, 2009, 09:01:33 PM »

I just finished all my shopping and I must say I got some good stuff.  I only really buy for my parents and two favorite cousins, but the stuff I get for them is good.

For my dad: My Cousin Vinny (DVD) and Journey: Greatest Hits

For my mom: Disney's Tarzan (DVD) and Carrie Underwood first album (She's fan of her)

For my cousins: The Vampire Survival Guide: How to Fight, and Win, Against the Undead and The Alien Invasion Survival Handbook: A Defense for the Coming Extraterrestrial Apocalypse

My cousins are fans of those kinds of wacky books.  They loved Andrew's survival guide for zombies, so I was going to get them the survival guide for that, but they were all sold out!  Didn't think those were such a hot product!

Anyways, how are you guys doing on your shopping or have you finished?

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009, 10:06:32 PM »

I've done nothing...if it weren't for my wife, it wouldn't get done.   TeddyR  She bought everything we needed some time in October.  She likes to plan ahead. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2009, 10:45:32 PM »

I've bought one present for the sercert santa my friends and I due every year, plus the Hannana Montana movie for my niece.  That's about it, because nobody else is giving me ideas of what they want.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2009, 05:19:36 AM »

New underpants, always new underpants............ Buggedout Buggedout

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2009, 08:02:57 AM »

That's about it, because nobody else is giving me ideas of what they want.

Well, I've got a five page wishlist at Amazon, want me to post a link?  TeddyR

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
3mnkids

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2009, 08:44:56 AM »

Im finishing up this weekend, I hope. I need to get to borders and get a gift card for my daughter,game stop for some more games, and toys r us for some lego toys. crap, plus stocking stuffers, wrapping paper,etc..

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2009, 09:47:04 AM »

So far, I have only bought:

* Games for my nephews

* Best Buy gift cards for my mom and dad ($25 each)

I still have a long way to go.  I need several more gifts for my parents . . . for one gift, I'm trying to get tickets to an upcoming concert or theater performance, but I haven't found anything yet.  I'll probably also get dad a bottle of whiskey and I'll get them both a few restaurant gift certificates.  Probably get them each a sweater, too, and a few other odds and ends.  I also need gifts for my two sisters and their husbands. 

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2009, 01:10:19 PM »

Bought two gifts and that's it. This is the most generous I've ever been at xmas! What the hell's wrong with me??  Buggedout

Cthulhu

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2009, 03:27:38 AM »

None.
I'll do it either today, or tomorrow.
Pilgermann

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2009, 03:30:31 AM »

Not a darn thing.  I've only really got to shop for two people.  I will get the gifts either Monday or Tuesday and it will be done in a state of panic.

Sleepyskull

Well,well,well...

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2009, 11:26:20 AM »

I finished on the 13th of December.

It is definitely helpful that my school has a horticulture program so I can buy plants from there for people.

I bought a yellow/pink poinsettia for my aunt and a leaf shaped candle.

Also from the school I bought a holly plant for my paternal grandparents.

For my sister I bought a Twilight- New Moon poster.

My brother just wanted useful things so I bought him a set of pens and some post-it note paper. He has been labeling things because he is trying to learn a new language- Arabic.

I made cupcakes for a bunch of staff at my school. I wanted to show them in my senior year that I appreciate what they have done for me. One teacher received a bag of Fritos because they are pretty much his favorite food.

I got my mom a candle, a glass jar, and some artwork. She likes little things to decorate the house with.

I got my dad a grill cleaning brush and some grilling tongs. He really enjoys grilling.

For one of my cousins I bought some body lotion.

For another aunt I bought some body lotion and body wash.

For my uncle I bought a funny magnet. He can be hard to shop for because he is rich and has everything he needs. 

Humanity takes itself too seriously. It is the world`s original sin. - Oscar Wilde
JJ80
Nutter Magnet

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2009, 11:30:01 AM »

All done as of Friday. I've only got my parents to buy for so it was rather straightforward.

There are few things more beautiful than a sporting montage with a soft-rock soundtrack
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2009, 02:01:24 PM »

An obscene amount. With thirty first-cousins, friends, neighbors, other family, I have calluses from pushing carts and carrying shopping bags. This chick at Victoria's Secret and another at Nordstrom now know me on sight and remember things I've bought from like two weeks ago. I plan to get shock therapy next month when the bills come in. If I'm not around for a while, I'll probably be in debtor's prison.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 05:22:50 PM by ER » Logged

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2009, 11:47:23 PM »

Perhaps too much but then I like giving on the holidays even more than I do receiving but this year was harder so I had to visit the local dollar store, which has a surprisingly nice selection of items over a dollar too, for a lot of items.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
sprite75
The Cat Herder of Badmovies

I'm a Mac...

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2009, 12:46:25 AM »

I'm pretty much done.

I discovered that vacation photos often make neat Christmas gifts.  I took about 100 from my trip last summer and had them put into a nice book for my grandparents.  Then I had a poster sized print made of a picture I had taken of Florence, Italy from Piazzale Michelangelo for my sister for her to put up in her new place.  Then a few of the photos wound up in the calendar I make for my mom every year.

Got my dad one of those laser leveling things that creates a laser line on a surface, as well as the closest scale model toy I could find of his forage harvester.

Mom got an iMac last month as a combination birthday/xmas present, so in addition to the calendar I got her an Old Style bar tap because that used to be one of her favorite beers growing up. (My family consuming halfway decent beer is a recent thing).

Got my brother an Iowa snuggie and a Steelers rotating lamp.

I also got my sister a grill set.

God of making the characteristic which becomes dirty sends the hurricane.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Christmas Shopping: How Much Have You've Been Doing? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.