Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:09:33 AM
712924 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Cheezy Old Halloween Costumes « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Cheezy Old Halloween Costumes  (Read 11959 times)
Raffine
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2007, 10:53:09 PM »

I was having a hardy laff at that link, and then suddenly, with no warning:

AHHH!

CURSE YOU, SMALL WONDER! CURSE YOU!

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
BlackAngel75
Bad Movie Lover

eject...eject

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2007, 01:43:20 AM »

The link was funny.  There was some things that stuck out though, besides the V.I.C.K.I.E. costume.  Is it me or does the Flipper mask  look more like a flounder's head with eye holes?  If a little kid, now, knew who the Village People are, would he be willing to wear that costume?

We all know Bill is a little nuts, but George has actually tasted them.
-Betty White at the William Shatner Roast
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2007, 04:51:45 AM »

Yeah, the Flipper costume had me laughing, although I was already going pretty good after seeing the Gabe Kaplan and Chuck Barris costumes.

I thought Jaws was funnier than Flipper though, with the head in the classic Jaws pose and two big eyes looking out the mouth.

Asteroids just left me speechless. A rock in a smock, taking a walk. WTF? Although, the mask would have potential as part of a monster costume.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2007, 08:26:07 AM »

I wonder...now that the Harry Potter wizard guy is out of the closet...I wonder how many  uptight parents are scrapping their kids Dumbledore costumes?  Question

I would wear the Tattoo costume...it might even fit! (I'm all of 5' 2"). Karma,Susan!   BounceGiggle
« Last Edit: October 23, 2007, 08:29:23 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2007, 08:38:31 AM »

I wonder...now that the Harry Potter wizard guy is out of the closet...I wonder how many  uptight parents are scrapping their kids Dumbledore costumes?  Question

On the other hand, he might gain popularity with a different crowd. The Village People costume suggests there might be a market   TeddyR

We might even see a scantily-clad Dumbledore leading the San Francisco mustache parade. The possibilities!

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Raffine

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2007, 10:22:08 AM »

I thought Jaws was funnier than Flipper though, with the head in the classic Jaws pose and two big eyes looking out the mouth.

And as was paointed out, it's probably the only kiddie Halloween costume printed with a naked lady on it.

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2007, 11:01:01 AM »

SUSAN:  Thumbup  That was fun, but I'm way too old to "remember" those costumes as they all seem to date from late 70s early 80s, which was certainly the cheeziest period in Halloween history.  Me?  If I had been young enough and wanted to wear one of those readymade thingees, here's my choice:

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Raffine

« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2007, 12:34:49 PM »

SUSAN:  Thumbup  That was fun, but I'm way too old to "remember" those costumes as they all seem to date from late 70s early 80s, which was certainly the cheeziest period in Halloween history.  Me?  If I had been young enough and wanted to wear one of those readymade thingees, here's my choice:

The Monster Cereals, or at least their reps, seem to have entered the 'pop' culture consciousness once again: Count Chocula had an extended cameo on a recent episode of South Park and Frankenberry had a featured role as the villain on a recent Drawn Together.

Coming Soon?: Fruit Brute and Yummy Mummy as a gay couple on The Simpsons.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2007, 01:21:11 PM by Raffine » Logged

Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2007, 12:49:20 PM »

Amazing, someone time travelled andsaw the 21 century Michael Jackson and made a costume

-Ed
Due to busy parents, I didn't get the cool Star Wars costumes, and ended up with the ultra emarassing "Star Robot".  Unfortunately that one isn't in the list, should be though.

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Susan
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2007, 03:41:46 PM »

well, if my link was a little bit before some peoples generation here (ahem, does that mean you are calling me old?) then check out some unsettling German Halloween costumes Cheers

JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2007, 08:29:58 PM »

I had one of the store bought costumes featuring Mr. T from his A-Team days. My favourite costume though was simply wearing an home-made black cape and a set of cheap plastic vampire teeth.  I vas ze Count!

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
HarlotBug3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2007, 03:07:22 PM »

Unless a kid, not a child, old enough to venture the neighborhood alone, is dressed up as something INTENTIONALLY scarry or offensive and out at NIGHT it is NOT Halloween.

One of these years I'm going to catch some yuppie spawners dressing up their pup in free advertising and taking them to the mall in the daylight and I'm going to spit in their faces  Hatred

Karma for those tragic early marketing attempts, btw. Wink

"Do you have something against droppings?" "Well, no, I..." "Sure, everyone says that till they step in it."
BlackAngel75
Bad Movie Lover

eject...eject

« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2007, 02:44:56 AM »

I saw the german costumes link and, truth be told, out of most of them that were stupid (a human cell phone?) and some that were racist, I did like the design of that Psyco Surgeon.  It look like something straight out of a Heavy Metal graphic novel.

We all know Bill is a little nuts, but George has actually tasted them.
-Betty White at the William Shatner Roast
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Cheezy Old Halloween Costumes « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.