Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:27:47 PM
714223 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  I've completely lost faith in the movie industry. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: I've completely lost faith in the movie industry.  (Read 5095 times)
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2007, 07:46:58 PM »

BounceGiggle

I like these parody movies. Scary Movie, Not Another Teen Movie, Date Movie, Epic Movie, though I do notice the downward curve in their quality - none of these live up to Naked Gun or Airplane, but hey, they're fun. I don't think I'd pay for a cinema ticket for this, though, nothing made me laugh in the trailer. Rental, maybe.

Why do you guys hate the film industry because they make films you don't like? Why are you mad that they're making money? You don't have to see them. Films are made for all different audiences, we see what we want to see, other people see what they want. Just because a lot of movies are made that I think are stupid and I'm not interested in doesn't mean that I b***h about the industry, and I DON'T insult the intelligence of those who do enjoy said films...
I haven't actually seen Date Movie or Epic Movie, but am a fan of Scary Movie and Not Another Teen Movie.  The Naked Gun series was brilliant film-making if I say so myself. 

Although, I have to say, BASEketball is hilarious.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2007, 11:33:06 PM »

was baseket ball a spoof movie?

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2007, 11:53:32 AM »

was baseket ball a spoof movie?

Basically it was.  It was more of a sports based spoof type movie.  It was written and directed by the Zucker/Abrams team of Airplane/Naked Gun.  It starred Robert Vaughn, Ernest Borgnine, Matt Stone and Trey Parker (South Park), as well as Jenny McCarthy and Yasmine Bleeth. 

More of a straight comedy, although I consider it seeing as it's the Airplane people, and they do spoof Unsolved Mysteries and a few other things. 

Hilarious.

DistantJ
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2007, 03:24:49 PM »

Yeah, BASEketball is a brilliant collaboration of Zucker and Parker/Stone. I have the DVD and I watch it a hell of a lot. It is a straight comedy in comparison to the other Zucker/Abrams stuff but it still has some great absurd cartoon gags, like the fact that Trey and Matt both have wangs so long that they touch the floor.
cqmorrell
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2007, 04:39:27 PM »

My opinion on parody flicks:

Whenever something along the lines of Epic Movie or whatever is released, I think that's the studio's way of saying "we're jealous that such-and-such movies have grossed more than ours, so were going to mock them! Ha!".

(is still p**sed at the Wayans bros. for Scary Movie, btw.)
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2007, 08:23:58 PM »

I guess we could throw UHF up in there as a parody movie.

KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2007, 10:05:03 PM »

I guess we could throw UHF up in there as a parody movie.

Really? I thought that was just a streight original comedy! And DAMN good one, too!

Whats it a parody of? I mean, I know he knocks on Rambo and Indiana Jones in the movie, but it's not like he bases the entire movie around those gags.

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2007, 08:52:19 AM »

It could be considered a straight comedy.  I love Weird Al.  Some have said it's considered to be a parody of both Network and A Face in the Crowd, as well as featuring parodies of Rambo, Gone With The Wind, Indiana Jones, Ghandi/Shaft, etc.

Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  I've completely lost faith in the movie industry. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.