Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 19, 2017, 08:51:26 PM
585535 Posts in 45124 Topics by 5973 Members
Latest Member: stine.greta
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Reading anything? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130]
Author Topic: Reading anything?  (Read 287594 times)
Dark Alex
Bad Movie Lover

Apparently I am very Dark and very Alex.

« Reply #1935 on: October 12, 2017, 01:09:39 PM »

I read his Green Angel Tower series. Found it enjoyable enough, although fairly standard fantasy.

Having listened to your problems, I have decided I'd like to help you out. Which way did you come in?
ER
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

The world becomes a dream....

« Reply #1936 on: October 16, 2017, 04:20:58 PM »

This:

http://www.galwaydailynews.com/

Almost as funny as The Onion, and vurra Irish.

"If I should meet thee after long years,

How shall I greet thee? With silence, and tears."

--Lord Byron
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1937 on: October 16, 2017, 06:11:13 PM »

I just finished CAESAR'S WOMEN, the fourth book in Colleen McCullough's "Masters of Rome" series.
In many ways, this one is my favorite.   Pompey Magnus is shown at the zenith of his power, settling the affairs of entire kingdoms with the stroke of a pen and making the Senators quake in his wrath; Cicero is portrayed as an oratorical genius with a strong streak of cowardice that battles with his moral center; Cato is perhaps the least likable character in the story, making the reader want to punch him every time he launches into one of his screeds.  But Gaius Julius Caesar is very much center stage in this story - here he is at the beginning of his rise to the top: brilliant, ruthless, mentally and physically attractive and able to turn that attribute to his benefit.  The women of the title are Caesar's mother Aurelia, his daughter Julia, his lover Servilia, and his wives, Pompeia Sulla and Calpurnia Pisa.  No other writer captures the heartbeat of ancient Rome with the ring of truth that Colleen McCullough conveys, and I strongly recommend all her books - but especially this one.

"Carpe diem!" - Seize the day!  "Carpe per diem!" - Seize the daily living allowance! "Carpe carp!" - Seize the fish!
"Carpe Ngo Diem!" - Seize the South Vietnamese Dictator!
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #1938 on: October 18, 2017, 02:18:00 PM »

Ye-es!
Continuing with . . .
Andrew Shvarts' Royal Bastards

Would this look good on film?
Ye-es!

What?
Not a TV movie or a theatrical film like Hunger Games, but a TV miniseries, as someone, not I suggested, as you could then retain more of the book.

Where?
Again, as the same person suggested: Free Form.
The built-in audience, and it'd then not bump into Descendants, and with Descendants II drawing a 50% larger audience than Descendants I, there will be a Descendants III.

Why?
The villains. Some of the best ever seen in a book.
The victims. Victims you really care about.
The scenes. A feast, especially those inside and outside of the bar in Bridge Town. Bar fight! Bar fight!
All (IMHO)

Who should do it?
The House of Mouse.
The cast. They have the largest pool from which to draw the cast. Maia Mitchell has already been mentioned.
The promotion. They can promote it.

Problems
Not a musical.
No dancing.
Not the language, which can be cleaned up, but the violence. Which is brutal and has teens doing it to other teens.

To be continued . . .

Next time: the language
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #1939 on: October 18, 2017, 03:43:13 PM »

Meddling Kids by Edgar Cantero

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Reading anything? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.