Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:13:05 AM
712924 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What Video Games Are You Playing? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 133
Author Topic: What Video Games Are You Playing?  (Read 818969 times)
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #1425 on: November 11, 2013, 11:01:10 PM »

The company that made L.A. Noire went bust after spending a hell of a lot money on the facial movements, history, etc.

yeah no.
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #1426 on: November 12, 2013, 01:49:23 AM »

Crappy old arcade game called THE ELECTRIC YO-YO.  Guide a yo-yo around the room, collecting dots while being pulled on a string and avoiding bad guys.  Collect little power-up icons to make you temporarily invincible.  Not Taito's finest hour.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Gst0395
« Reply #1427 on: November 12, 2013, 03:34:13 PM »

Mostly just been playing Grand Theft Auto V in the past couple of months. Really good, though I don't think its quite as good as it was hyped up to be.
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #1428 on: November 12, 2013, 03:37:21 PM »

What am I playing now? L.A. Noire for the '360.  I'm lovin' the Dragnet-style attitude and the classic look of late 1940's Los Angeles.  My detective skills need some work though, it would seem, and I can only thank God that I'm not a real detective, as the wrong guy would most likely be the one who goes to the Stony Lonesome.  For what it's worth though, Rockstar put out a very unique game that shows that they definitely have talent outside of the GTA cash cow.

I liked the detective pace of the game and I wish that they could have stuck to that and that alone, instead of infusing the silly car chases and foot chases into the mix; making them optional side missions on the way to the main ones kinda killed the mystique for me, and seemed to blatantly remind me that I was only playing a game.

I think what they were trying to do there was to show that crime was a large-scale event in everyday L.A. given the size of the city and they types of characters it was populated with.  Sometimes no other units were available , so you were the one. however, what they should have done was, if you refused to take the call, have another unit respond and show the action taking place as you were driving by. It was still fun using the old-fashioned 12G. pumps on the perps though  TeddyR

Maybe in the sequel they can add more cases and make them more dynamic with multiple possible culprits instead of just the one, because the repeated play value is diminished when you already know whodunit. It's a great idea though, one that I hope that Rockstar improves upon in the future instead of abandoning it altogether. It was great on the PS3!

I think Rockstar might have been in a bit of a budgetary lapse due to the development of the new GTA that recently hit the streets not long ago. They tried to make do with what they had and didn't do too bad, as the game could have been better, but just didn't suck as it was. I'd love to see a second one, for sure, sign me up!   Cheers
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1429 on: November 25, 2013, 07:56:29 AM »

I was looking forward to getting X Rebirth on the PC.  It's an outer space game where you can mine planets and use the money to build space stations, and you can explore the universe and even get in dogfights and stuff. Unfortunately now that it's out I see it's average on Metacritic is about a 35/100.  It's just a big screwy mess and one of the reviewers said it took him a long time to figure out workarounds for all the bugs just so he could play enough of the game to be able to write a review of it  Lookingup  Guess I'll be skipping that.  Or wait 6-12 months until the developer and the modders fix it up to the point where it might be enjoyable.

Oh well Gran Turismo 6 is coming out in a couple of weeks and I'm looking forward to that.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 08:06:28 AM by Jack » Logged

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
whatwasthatmovie
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #1430 on: November 26, 2013, 05:41:40 PM »

Lego - Marvel Superheroes and Batman Arkhim Origins currently.  Also, whatever's current or catching my attention at Kongregate!

Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #1431 on: November 26, 2013, 05:56:54 PM »

Contract Wars on www.kongregate.com

It's a nice looking FPS shooter that has all the classic modes including team elimination and deathmatch. And LOTS of guns! Sadly the free version has weapons that expire after so much use and you, the player, must buy more gold pieces. However, the prices are quite reasonable.  And apparently you get a discount when you buy more.  Try it out, you might like it!  Smile
Javakoala
« Reply #1432 on: November 29, 2013, 03:34:37 AM »

I've been playing Super Motherload on the PS3.

It is a mining game in a weird retro-60s world. You have your mining vehicle, and as you gather ore, you get paid and can use that money to upgrade your vehicle. It is a great game if you have OCD (that's me), as you can carefully strip mine the underground, leaving nothing behind.

Might be worth a look if you are after something different and somewhat addictive.

Small | Large
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1433 on: November 29, 2013, 06:27:36 AM »

Currently on my 5th go-around on Plants vs ZombiesTeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
retrorussell

« Reply #1434 on: November 29, 2013, 06:20:34 PM »

A tough, flawed game called MARVEL LAND by Namco in 1989.  The setting and graphics are enjoyable (a theme park scrolling platformer) but the music is blah/repetitive and some of the play mechanics suck and the game is a bit too hard in spots for my tastes.  Will make a YouTube review of it anyway.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #1435 on: December 14, 2013, 12:18:17 PM »

I've also been doing the Papa Louie's series of games at www.2dplay.com  My favorite is Papa Louie's Hotdoggeria where you make hotdogs for ballpark customers and get rated on how you fill their order. It's different and it's also good calorie-free fun!  Looking for work? Papa Louie's looking for a few good people!  BounceGiggle
retrorussell

« Reply #1436 on: December 15, 2013, 05:55:02 AM »

An Atari arcade game from 1989 called SKULL & CROSSBONES.  Kinda sucky fighting game with you as a pirate slashing your way through enemies and collecting loot (some buried, some out in the open).

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #1437 on: December 15, 2013, 11:05:37 AM »

This weekend my son's Cub Scout den had a pre-holiday get together at the home of one of the other kids. While the boys played Wii games in the living room, our host's father tried to show me how to play one of the Halo games on Xbox (don't ask me which one).

I should point out that the most current video game system I own is a Sega Genesis, so I have exactly zero experience with the current crop of "cool" games/systems. Put me in front of a Ms. Pac-Man game, though, and I'll smoke you. Haha.

Anyway... I couldn't make heads or tails out of that Halo game. I kept walking into walls, shooting at "good" guys, getting trapped in rooms because I couldn't find my way over obstacles, etc., etc. ... meanwhile, the other guy is running, jumping, leaping, mowing down enemies, etc, etc. After about twenty minutes in I gave up and handed the controller to one of the other Scouts, who has a black belt in video games, and who proved to be a much worthier co-player.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Bushma

« Reply #1438 on: December 15, 2013, 11:14:43 AM »

I love Mario Kart. I bought a 3DS just so I could play MK7. I drew the line at buying a Wii-U just for MK. a few months ago I heard about Angry Birds Go, and I must say it is kinda fun. It's no Mario Kart, there's no multiplayer yet, and the constant spend money for upgrades is annoying. I went put and bought some telepods (my first experience with them) hoping for some karts only to discover they are one time use. I wish they would have released  $30 version where you can just unlock stuff in game by playing rather then trying to nickle and dime me.

This is my awesome signature.  Jealous?
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1439 on: December 28, 2013, 09:03:53 AM »

Been playing Gran Turismo 6.  Only need to drive about 3,000 more miles and the platinum is mine  TeddyR  I really like it, it's a lot better than GT5 IMO.  The career mode is really fun with a ton of races.  I've been playing it for two or three weeks now and I've still got a bunch left to do.  The physics aka handling is excellent, I really can't complain at all about that.  Of course the AI cars that you race against are still dumb as dirt and I have to use a car that's a lot slower than they are just to make it a little bit challenging.

My Pagani Zonda and Ferrari Enzo

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 133
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What Video Games Are You Playing? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.