Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:55:01 PM
714363 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What Video Games Are You Playing? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 133
Author Topic: What Video Games Are You Playing?  (Read 826556 times)
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #1935 on: October 29, 2019, 08:23:58 AM »

I am loving The Outer Worlds! We played it for two hours last night (which makes us very bad parents, I suppose)....

The good news is it's like No Man's Sky combined with Fallout New Vegas, mixed with Bioshock.  In other words, it's fun!

The bad news is it's like No Man's Sky combined with Fallout New Vegas, mixed with Bioshock. In other words, you've seen it all before.

Wait, did I just say that's bad news? Hey, why re-invent the wheel, this game is like a retro cruise down the best of RPG/1PS memory lane.

On a scale of 1 to 5 arrows in a guard's knee, I give it a 6!

Literally thinking of going home at lunchtime to play it, that's how cool it is. (Oh, no, is that a headache coming on? I may have to leave work early.....)

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
cqmorrell
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1936 on: November 03, 2019, 11:42:28 PM »

20XX - it's a nifty little homage to Mega Man X, with randomized levels. Definitely has MMX's frustration factor in later levels when the difficulty ramps up.
Gabriel Knight
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1937 on: November 04, 2019, 06:55:47 AM »

It was on sale so I gave a shot to Two Points Hospital. As a long time fan of Theme Hospital, I decided to check this spiritual succesor, and I must say, they really nailed it. Incredibly addicting and funny, and it has some kickass music (and radio!).
The only problem I have with the game is that it's just too damn easy. It's almost impossible to lose, something that would be unthinkable when talking about Theme Hospital, where a single death could mean disaster., or a bad money management was instant defeat. In Two Points Hospital you can have hundreds of deaths and nothing happens, it's pretty lame; challenges like epidemics can be simply cancelled, and reputation literally never goes down.

Sadly, that's how modern games are, you don't want people to actually lose or they may get sad and stop buying stuff.

Still, I recommend the game, it's really fun.

Check my crappy and unpopular reviews and ratings:

https://www.imdb.com/user/ur85652268/?ref_=nv_usr_prof_2
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #1938 on: November 04, 2019, 10:04:10 AM »

Dorothy. 
Small | Large

Small | Large

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
pennywise37
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1939 on: November 04, 2019, 06:00:38 PM »

i was playing some Ghostbusters on my PS3 on Friday. i think the last 1st person game i played was on my N64 a few years back as i still have mine and it was the 1st South Park game but i had it set where i don't die.  i played that pretty far one time and only quit cause  i got bored
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1940 on: November 07, 2019, 10:42:56 PM »

i was playing some Ghostbusters on my PS3 on Friday. i think the last 1st person game i played was on my N64 a few years back as i still have mine and it was the 1st South Park game but i had it set where i don't die.  i played that pretty far one time and only quit cause  i got bored

The South Park game (The Stick of Truth, right?) started off engaging, an actual RPG that was like one long walk down memory lane, but it was easy to burn out on with a few hours.

pennywise37

« Reply #1941 on: November 09, 2019, 10:41:45 PM »

i have that one and the 2nd one i just haven't played them that much. however i was talking about the 1st one that was for the N64 in i want to say (1998) i think?
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1942 on: November 20, 2019, 04:07:46 PM »

I take back most of my gushing about The Outer Worlds. It's not bad but it's so shallow it wears out your interest within ten hours. I haven't touched a video game in a couple weeks but I'm not sure I'll ever want to play this one again. Buy it when it comes down in price, if it tempts you but keep in mind it's like a lite-lite version of Fallout New Vegas set in space: a street taco compared to Fallout's rich banquet.

I been tempted by the MediEvil remake but I remember how the constant need to have to restart levels drove half the gamers I knew in the late '90s insane with frustration, so I think I'll pass despite nostalgia.

I am definitely having gaming withdrawal.

pennywise37

« Reply #1943 on: November 20, 2019, 11:43:20 PM »

than you are  a video game addict my friend. how is the new star wars game i wonder?  an improvement over the last one does anyone know? anyways i was playing some batman Arkham City today which isn't my favorite one but Asylum is but that doesn't mean i don't think it's a good game cause it is
Gabriel Knight
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1944 on: November 21, 2019, 06:27:32 AM »

I been tempted by the MediEvil remake but I remember how the constant need to have to restart levels drove half the gamers I knew in the late '90s insane with frustration, so I think I'll pass despite nostalgia.

I remember playing it in Playstation but I don't recall any form of frustration with it, except when I f**ked it up at the end and didn't get the required weapon to finish the game, luckily I had a previous saved game for it. Very fun game, although I doubt it aged well, the original version at least.

Considering how brutal the 90's game used to be, that was nothing.  TongueOut

pennywise37

« Reply #1945 on: November 21, 2019, 11:41:19 PM »

i was talking a friend at work today i think it was? & he was saying on how the older games are easier! i said WHAT?  i've never heard anyone say that before but than he's not the one playing either. i said some consider the older ones harder than today's games. for me it really depends on the game, for me all generations have games i will never be able to beat & they also have games i have beaten as well
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1946 on: November 22, 2019, 02:12:56 AM »

i was talking a friend at work today i think it was? & he was saying on how the older games are easier! i said WHAT?  i've never heard anyone say that before but than he's not the one playing either. i said some consider the older ones harder than today's games. for me it really depends on the game, for me all generations have games i will never be able to beat & they also have games i have beaten as well

Tell him that is isn't that the games are harder now, its that his skills have faded with age.  BounceGiggle

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Gabriel Knight
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1947 on: November 22, 2019, 06:12:20 AM »

I believe the big difference is that nowadays you can pretty much save your progress at any point, and if you lose, you can just try again the part you're having trouble. Back then, losing usually meant having to start all over again, and with every try, you became worst because you had to play the same crap over and over again.

Try games like Divinity: Original Sin in Honour Mode, where dying means GAME OVER, and you'll have the 80-90's experience all over again.  BounceGiggle

Olivia Bauer

« Reply #1948 on: November 23, 2019, 08:47:42 AM »

Playing Breath of the Wild again to prepare for the sequel.

I just couldn't get into Fire Emblem: Three Houses. The story was great but the gameplay was absolute dogs**t.

VenomX73

« Reply #1949 on: November 28, 2019, 05:59:03 PM »

Luigi’s Mansion 3 for Switch

yep, im still playin video games lol  Thumbup

Gilligan's island, Goonies and Godzilla information booth here!
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 133
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What Video Games Are You Playing? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.