Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:21:35 AM
712925 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What Video Games Are You Playing? « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 133
Author Topic: What Video Games Are You Playing?  (Read 819042 times)
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2007, 02:49:52 PM »

I'm deep into the middle of Bioshock, which is creepy as hell but a lot of fun, especially once you start mixing and matching crazy powers.

I also picked up The Orange Box yesterday, and thanks to an invite from Ash this morning I experienced my first foray into really getting walloped in Team Fortress 2.  Granted, it was the first time I've ever played the game, but man I wasn't good.  The only solution, play more.

Mass Effect and Assassin's Creed are looming large on the horizon.  I better get busy playing what I have now.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Torgo

« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2007, 04:14:58 PM »

I picked up a Medal of Honor three-pack for the PS2 for only 24.99 used the other day. I've been getting slowly back into FPS games so I figured that this would be a good buy. I'm also going to go back through and play the 1st Killzone again at some point.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Nev
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2007, 12:05:21 PM »

Halo 3

but i need call of duty 4, heard the online is really cool.

Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2007, 12:10:19 PM »

I'm deep into the middle of Bioshock, which is creepy as hell but a lot of fun, especially once you start mixing and matching crazy powers.

I also picked up The Orange Box yesterday, and thanks to an invite from Ash this morning I experienced my first foray into really getting walloped in Team Fortress 2.  Granted, it was the first time I've ever played the game, but man I wasn't good.  The only solution, play more.

Mass Effect and Assassin's Creed are looming large on the horizon.  I better get busy playing what I have now.

I've been playing Bioshock this past week as well.  It's not only that the game is creepy but the storyline is absolutely fantastic. I don't know how far you are into the game yet, but expect some serious turns in the story.

Also, have you been harvesting the little sisters or saving them?

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2007, 09:46:14 PM »

I've been playing Bioshock this past week as well.  It's not only that the game is creepy but the storyline is absolutely fantastic. I don't know how far you are into the game yet, but expect some serious turns in the story.

Also, have you been harvesting the little sisters or saving them?

I just finished saving the trees, so I'm still not too far.  I've also been saving the little sisters, because try as I might, I still don't find playing evil very fun.  Saving the sisters allowed me to perform my favorite trick so far, hypnotizing one Big Daddy into fighting another while I hid like a baby in the corner.  I've also been hacking turrets like crazy.

Just finished the majority of Portal yesterday (not the bonus stages), and found it to be a great deal of fun.  I need to go through Episode 1 and 2 of Half-Life 2.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Mr_Vindictive

« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2007, 11:12:52 PM »

I've been saving them as well.  I plan on going back through and playing it again but this time harvesting the kids instead.  I have a feeling that the last portion will change dramatically by my doing so.

You're in for some fun surprises.  I am about 95% completed and can't wait to hit the ending.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #51 on: November 11, 2007, 01:36:29 AM »

Skaboi & Mofo...
You guys are too nice.

I've harvested every single Little Sister.
What can I say?  I love the extra Adam!   Smile

Actually, I've heard that there are three different endings to BioShock.
One if you harvest them all.  Another if you rescue them.
And a third, different ending if you harvest and rescue.

I plan to beat it first by harvesting all of the girls.
Then I'll go through it again and rescue them.
And if I have time, I'll do both the third go round.

Check out this Etch-a-Sketch drawing I found online.

Cool!   Thumbup

Check out this guy's other Etch-a-Sketch drawings...they're pretty sweet!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/etchasketchist/
« Last Edit: November 11, 2007, 05:34:43 AM by Ash » Logged
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #52 on: November 11, 2007, 10:33:29 AM »

Tomb Raider Legends on PS2 ... mainly because she is a CLIF.

Mr_Vindictive

« Reply #53 on: November 11, 2007, 11:53:54 AM »

Ash,

There are benefits to saving the little sisters rather than harvesting them.  You do get less Adam but Tenenbaum has the girls leave you little presents around.  Normally consists of cash, extra Adam or if you are lucky, new Plasmids.

I'd love to see someone do some real fan-art of the Big Daddies or a Splicer.  It would be great to have a framed painting of a Big Daddy with a Little Sister on a wall.

Mr_Vindictive

« Reply #54 on: November 11, 2007, 10:06:27 PM »

Well, just finished Bioshock.  Extremely easy end boss battle which surprised me.  Still, I found that with this game, it's just as much about the story and visuals as it is the gameplay.

The ending....well...I started to well up with tears a bit.  Helping the little sisters certainly had it's benefits.

AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #55 on: November 12, 2007, 06:44:54 AM »

We rented Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (despite my fiancee's protest of Beijing and China as a whole) this weekend and had a great time with it. A good "party game", but I haven't tried it out one-on-one yet. I'm going to have to make it a purchase. Today I'm going out to get Super Mario Galaxy, so for anybody who may not like me for whatever reason, rejoice, as I'll likely be on the board a lot less until I've conquered the Galaxy! Wink And by the time that happens, it'll be just about time for Godzilla: Unleashed... TeddyR

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #56 on: November 12, 2007, 07:55:43 AM »

Contains the best home version of Mortal Kombat 2 among others.   Thumbup

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Nev
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #57 on: November 12, 2007, 10:07:44 AM »

Well, just finished Bioshock.  Extremely easy end boss battle which surprised me.  Still, I found that with this game, it's just as much about the story and visuals as it is the gameplay.

The ending....well...I started to well up with tears a bit.  Helping the little sisters certainly had it's benefits.

I thought that was one of the best video game endings ever.

Well, i bought COD4, i played it breifly graphics of course are top notch, and i only played one game online but so far im pretty happy with my purchase ha!

RapscallionJones
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Grim & Frostbitten

« Reply #58 on: November 12, 2007, 01:37:40 PM »

I'm jazzed as all get-out for Super Mario Galaxy tomorrow.  I rarely ever play my Wii but when I fire it up, the experience is always a blast.  So far I've had the pleasure of Wii Sports, which is still a winner among parties, Warioware: Smooth Moves which everyone scoffs at yet an hour later can't stop playing, Zelda which is nearly the perfect video game, Resident Evil 4 which adapts an already great game into control scheme better suited to it and the reviews I'm reading of Galaxies have my head spinning.

The only problem with the Wii is that no one is sure yet what to do with the controller.  There's a ton of gimmicky crap released for it and the good stuff takes forever to come out but I'm sure it'll work out like the DS where a couple of bold companies will take a couple of chances that break the potential of the system wide open.  Right now, I'm of the opinion that it will be a crying shame, A CRYING SHAME I SAY if there is no Punch-Out!! title released for the console.

Also, how long does a guy have to wait for the announcement of a Phoenix Wright Wii title?

Visit the b-movie blog
http://www.cinema-suicide.com
The required Myspace profile
http://www.myspace.com/cinemasuicide
Mr_Vindictive

« Reply #59 on: November 12, 2007, 05:52:22 PM »

Also, how long does a guy have to wait for the announcement of a Phoenix Wright Wii title?

OBJECTION!

I'm a huge Phoenix Wright fan.   Cheers

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 133
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What Video Games Are You Playing? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.