Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:18:38 PM
713356 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What Video Games Are You Playing? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 133
Author Topic: What Video Games Are You Playing?  (Read 821478 times)
dean
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #105 on: January 04, 2008, 02:08:17 AM »

Just burned my way through the Orange Box.  Great set, but jeez it finishes quick.  Can't wait for more Portal stuff though: Best Game I've played in a while easy.

Other than that, Brother got Guitar Hero III on Wii and we've been going nuts since, helped by the surround system I just put in...    Thumbup  Thumbup

Oh and Cheeze, how's CIV4?  My friend and I consistently get drawn back to CIV2 and to a lesser degree, III but I haven't checked out IV yet.  Any big changes worth investing in?

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #106 on: January 04, 2008, 09:52:56 AM »

Oh and Cheeze, how's CIV4?  My friend and I consistently get drawn back to CIV2 and to a lesser degree, III but I haven't checked out IV yet.  Any big changes worth investing in?

Much like I, II, III very addictive. Civ IV new wonders, mini-wonders, better graphics, more tools, more techs and more diplomacy, more customization, more everything. Plus there are the about million add-ons (much like the older versions) for it which most are free that can be found ...

http://www.civfanatics.com/
http://civilization4.net/
http://www.civ4.com/

There are also a couple of expansion packs for it but with all the fan-mods you don't really need them.

Oh you can also expand you cultural influence much better than in prior Civ's, you can use more resource and and just overall better controls and abilities to mod governments and actions. Civ IV is head and shoulders above the other versions and it's been out long enough now that you should be able to get it fairly reasonable.

Scroll to the bottom of this page for a trailer of the game.
http://www.civilgame.com/civ4/download.htm

KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #107 on: January 04, 2008, 12:25:07 PM »

Just burned my way through the Orange Box.  Great set, but jeez it finishes quick.  Can't wait for more Portal stuff though: Best Game I've played in a while easy.

How was that cake?

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
DistantJ
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #108 on: January 04, 2008, 06:18:19 PM »

At the moment, the Metroid Prime series. How did I miss out on this?  Buggedout  It's great! I got the 3rd one for the Wii and loved it so much I had to go back and catch up.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #109 on: January 08, 2008, 09:42:02 AM »

A few years old, but a classic.

I'm stuck in Asgard, but it's a good game.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #110 on: January 08, 2008, 12:35:44 PM »

Just recently finished Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker, and now I'm obsessing over LoZ: Twilight Princess. I bought a Wii for the Zelda games as much as anything, and so far Twilight Princess is fun, though the graphics look far more serious than the game is: Link is a fairly realistic looking elf/Hyrulian, but he still runs around cutting grass with his sword and finding jewels and floating hearts in the grass and under rocks. It's just a bit incongruous. Still, it is a game worth the money.

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #111 on: January 08, 2008, 07:18:04 PM »

Just recently finished Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker, and now I'm obsessing over LoZ: Twilight Princess. I bought a Wii for the Zelda games as much as anything, and so far Twilight Princess is fun, though the graphics look far more serious than the game is: Link is a fairly realistic looking elf/Hyrulian, but he still runs around cutting grass with his sword and finding jewels and floating hearts in the grass and under rocks. It's just a bit incongruous. Still, it is a game worth the money.

I'm playing (off and on), LoZ Wind Waker on GC, my wife is playing LoZ Phantom Hourglass on DS and my kids are playing LoZ Twilight Princess on Wii. We have every Zelda game ever made I think. Got hooked on it WAAAYY back in the day on NES.
They are very addictive ... even for some of us older folks.

Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

« Reply #112 on: January 09, 2008, 08:21:12 AM »

I'm playing (off and on), LoZ Wind Waker on GC, my wife is playing LoZ Phantom Hourglass on DS and my kids are playing LoZ Twilight Princess on Wii. We have every Zelda game ever made I think. Got hooked on it WAAAYY back in the day on NES.

Yeah, I played LoZ on the original NES, too. It got me hooked on the quest-style games. That NES was also the last system I bought up until I got a Wii earlier this year. I even downloaded the first two LoZ games and replayed them on my PC. I missed the ones in between LoZ II and Wind Waker, though.

The Wind Waker game I have is the GC version (since the Wii plays GC games, I also now have access to some good, cheap games, including LoZ). Oh, and I think games like LoZ are particularly addicting for "some of us older folks" even moreso than the whippersnappers--they don't often have the patience.

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #113 on: January 09, 2008, 09:33:47 AM »

Yeah, I played LoZ on the original NES, too. It got me hooked on the quest-style games. That NES was also the last system I bought up until I got a Wii earlier this year. I even downloaded the first two LoZ games and replayed them on my PC. I missed the ones in between LoZ II and Wind Waker, though.

The Wind Waker game I have is the GC version (since the Wii plays GC games, I also now have access to some good, cheap games, including LoZ). Oh, and I think games like LoZ are particularly addicting for "some of us older folks" even moreso than the whippersnappers--they don't often have the patience.

LoZ Link to the Past ... is SNES crack so avoid it unless you want to lose part of your life. But short of a ROM it's only on SNES as far as I know.
There is also the Zelda Collectors GC disc that has Zelda games on it and you can play if in a Wii. You can pick it up on eBay for $20-$30

http://www.answers.com/topic/the-legend-of-zelda-collector-s-edition?cat=entertainment

Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

« Reply #114 on: January 09, 2008, 09:48:31 AM »

LoZ Link to the Past ... is SNES crack so avoid it unless you want to lose part of your life. But short of a ROM it's only on SNES as far as I know.
There is also the Zelda Collectors GC disc that has Zelda games on it and you can play if in a Wii. You can pick it up on eBay for $20-$30

http://www.answers.com/topic/the-legend-of-zelda-collector-s-edition?cat=entertainment

Get thee behind me, foul tempter! I've already lost days of my life to that Zelda woman, and now you're tempting me with more lost time!

Thanks. I'll look into this further, when my self-righteous persona goes to sleep.

Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #115 on: January 09, 2008, 11:42:33 AM »

I'm stuck in Asgard, but it's a good game.

I've beat Marvel Ultimate Alliance twice.  (awesome game!)
If your stuck, let me know and I can walk you through it.
DistantJ
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #116 on: January 09, 2008, 05:22:40 PM »

God, I love Zelda.
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #117 on: January 09, 2008, 07:21:37 PM »

Get thee behind me, foul tempter! I've already lost days of my life to that Zelda woman, and now you're tempting me with more lost time!

Thanks. I'll look into this further, when my self-righteous persona goes to sleep.

Consider yourself tempted!

http://www.zelda.com/universe/

I checked this site and it is official that we have every Zelda game there is. I haven't played the 2 latter Zelda's 'Phantom' and 'Twilight' as the rest of the family is hogging them, and I remember way back in B.C. (Before Children) days and I bought the very first Zelda ca. 1988 in the Gold cartridge and my wife, then girlfriend said "It's looks stupid." ... Then she played it and she glazed over and she was on Zelda crack from then on. She is also on Final Fantasy crack too, it's ok but I'm not a huge fan of it. 

KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #118 on: January 09, 2008, 08:49:10 PM »

Did you guys hear who they just added to the next smash bros game?

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #119 on: January 09, 2008, 09:49:50 PM »

Right now I'm playing "Lara Croft, Tomb Raider, Anniversary", for the Wii. Tomb raider is a great game series but my personal favorites are the "Metroid Prime" series and "The Legend of Zelda", can never get enough of these games. The wife and I got hooked on Zelda when it first came out, been playing it ever since, bought the first Metroid game while at Gamestop looking for Zelda, the Windwaker, now we're hooked on this series too.
Now I must get Lara out of the Hephasteus room in St. Francis Folly.

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 133
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What Video Games Are You Playing? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.