Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:22:34 AM
714232 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What Video Games Are You Playing? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 133
Author Topic: What Video Games Are You Playing?  (Read 825088 times)
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #225 on: August 17, 2008, 03:23:17 PM »

HA! Most rediculous game Ive ever played! Karma!

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #226 on: August 17, 2008, 04:13:44 PM »

The wife and I have been rocking the emulators on our modded XBox lately. We pummeled various thugs who all dress the same in Final Fight 2 and the arcade Punisher beat 'em up.

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge
Neville

« Reply #227 on: August 17, 2008, 04:38:58 PM »

I can't express with words how much I love emulators. Lately I've ben digging into the greatest hits of the Amstrad CPC computer, of which I was an avid user during the 80s:

I guess the pics must look hideous to the young people around. Today even the crappiest cellphone can offer much more than this, but I still get a kick out of this games, even more so now that I don't need to load them with a data cassette and keep my fingers crossed through 5 minutes of tedious loading.

These days you can play all of these ancient systems on your PC, from the Apple II to the CBM Amiga, and also most of the videoconsoles, like the Genesis or the Super Famicon. Hell, even N64 or PLaystation, if you have a decent computer. But I still feel the urge to play with my old Amstrad CPC. Go figure.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 04:40:46 PM by Neville » Logged

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #228 on: August 17, 2008, 04:55:18 PM »

My brother just got a PS3 with Metal Gear Solid 4, so we've been playing that for a while.

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
KYGOTC

« Reply #229 on: August 17, 2008, 09:06:01 PM »

I can't express with words how much I love emulators. Lately I've ben digging into the greatest hits of the Amstrad CPC computer, of which I was an avid user during the 80s:

I guess the pics must look hideous to the young people around. Today even the crappiest cellphone can offer much more than this, but I still get a kick out of this games, even more so now that I don't need to load them with a data cassette and keep my fingers crossed through 5 minutes of tedious loading.

These days you can play all of these ancient systems on your PC, from the Apple II to the CBM Amiga, and also most of the videoconsoles, like the Genesis or the Super Famicon. Hell, even N64 or PLaystation, if you have a decent computer. But I still feel the urge to play with my old Amstrad CPC. Go figure.

Who cares about graphics? The only thing that is important in a game is the way it plays.

Torgo

« Reply #230 on: August 18, 2008, 05:45:34 PM »

I've started working through the SNES game Contra 3: The Alien Wars seeing if I can make it through the game in one continue. I used to be able to do this back in my high school gaming days, but now my skills aren't quite what they used to be.

Here's a nice speed run for it that I found:
Small | Large
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 05:48:38 PM by Torgo » Logged

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Torgo

« Reply #231 on: August 20, 2008, 02:54:28 AM »

I picked up Megaman X8 for the PS2 today for five bucks.  Pretty good game overall though it lacks the charm of the classic NES ganes.

Neville

« Reply #232 on: August 20, 2008, 04:29:58 AM »

I did play most of the "Magaman" games for the Gamebot & NES, but ultimately left the series. They're truly great games, but the gameplay is so unforgiving I always ended in frustration.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
KYGOTC

« Reply #233 on: August 20, 2008, 12:19:52 PM »

I just got this offa Ebay.

SWEET!

Small | Large

Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #234 on: August 20, 2008, 02:07:02 PM »

I just got this offa Ebay.

SWEET!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9eRAWHQl9g

I AM SOOOOO JEALOUS!!!  Buggedout

Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #235 on: August 20, 2008, 09:11:53 PM »

I bought Braid off of Xbox Live yesterday and played through the entire in thing in (almost) one sitting. The entire game is quite ingenious, and is currently one of my favorite games of the year.

Basically you play as a small guy who wanders through some beautifully drawn 2D levels and has the ability to manipulate time. From those simple mechanics are developed some devious puzzles and a truly disarming story.

If you like puzzle games at all, I highly recommend Braid.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Torgo

« Reply #236 on: August 21, 2008, 02:39:21 AM »

I finally got back to playing Hot Shots Golf Fore! tonight on the PS2. I'm trying to beat the national championship stage trial. You have to shoot a 3 under par while also getting 2800 points on the hardest course so far IMO. They also stick you with a 2 stroke penalty if you  go into the rough.

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #237 on: August 21, 2008, 09:02:21 PM »

BurgerTime- An underrated game nobody seems to either remember, or even have heard of.  I played it on the NES as a kid.  Still, twenty years later, one of the HARDEST games I've played.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Torgo

« Reply #238 on: August 22, 2008, 03:39:27 AM »

I have an enhanced version of Burgertime on my cellphone. I used to play it all the time growing up. The key to getting far in it is to group the enemies to where they all travel in a pack.

dean

« Reply #239 on: August 22, 2008, 03:41:43 AM »

Mofo,

Just saw a review for Braid and it looks pretty interesting!  I'll have to check it out.

Anyways I just found out they're releasing Dead Rising on the wii, so that's giving me one reason to claim back my nintendo from my brother.  Now I can live out zombie mayhem and NOT buy a 360!  Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 133
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What Video Games Are You Playing? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.