Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:00:08 AM
714200 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What Video Games Are You Playing? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 133
Author Topic: What Video Games Are You Playing?  (Read 824700 times)
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #240 on: August 22, 2008, 05:19:06 AM »

Even though it's going to be obsolete in 2 months...

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #241 on: August 22, 2008, 08:28:16 AM »

I have an enhanced version of Burgertime on my cellphone. I used to play it all the time growing up. The key to getting far in it is to group the enemies to where they all travel in a pack.
That's what I've been doing.  Trying to at least.

BurgerTime was a fun game.  PaperBoy as well.  Paper Boy had the worst route in history.  They better have paid him well, dealing with the tornadoes, dogs, Grim Reaper, grandmothers with knives, etc.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Torgo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #242 on: August 24, 2008, 12:48:01 PM »

I loved the arcade version of Paperboy with the bicycle handlebar control method.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #243 on: August 25, 2008, 09:03:45 PM »

I loved the arcade version of Paperboy with the bicycle handlebar control method.
I'm not familar.  When was that out?

I know it from the home video NES version. 

Torgo

« Reply #244 on: August 25, 2008, 09:32:55 PM »

back in the mid 80's.  The NES version was actually an arcade port.  There were triggers on the handles so that you flick those to shoot papers at the subscribers house.

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #245 on: August 26, 2008, 10:23:16 AM »

back in the mid 80's.  The NES version was actually an arcade port.  There were triggers on the handles so that you flick those to shoot papers at the subscribers house.

I was born after it had been ported to NES, apparently.   Buggedout

But I used to play the NES version as a kid.

Torgo

« Reply #246 on: August 26, 2008, 05:07:16 PM »

I started working through Phantasy Star IV again for the Sega Genesis last night.

Here's some gameplay footage from it:
Small | Large

Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #247 on: August 26, 2008, 05:20:56 PM »

So I dug out Shadowman......I HATE THIS GAME!!!!  Hatred

Small | Large

Think I might burn it  Thumbup

Neville

« Reply #248 on: August 26, 2008, 05:30:46 PM »

Torgo, if you like console-style RPGs (I certainly prefer them to PC ones), there are lots of Super Famicon RPGs that are ripe for rediscobery. Some of them, like "Seiken Densetsu 3" or "Star Ocean", have been recently translated into English, as they only were available in Japan back then.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
brooky1969
Dedicated Viewer

Give us a kiss luv.

« Reply #249 on: August 26, 2008, 05:39:02 PM »

Space Invaders Extreme DS

And I thought I was pretty good at shooters, but this game is telling me I'm definitely not. Very cool though, they managed to bring it into the new century while still retaining the old school charm of the original.
Torgo

« Reply #250 on: August 26, 2008, 05:54:33 PM »

Torgo, if you like console-style RPGs (I certainly prefer them to PC ones), there are lots of Super Famicon RPGs that are ripe for rediscobery. Some of them, like "Seiken Densetsu 3" or "Star Ocean", have been recently translated into English, as they only were available in Japan back then.

I had a Super NES back in the 90's and I loved it for the RPG's especially.  Lufia 1 & 2 are great games and the 2 you mentioned are great as well.
I've got a Super NES emulator on the Dreamcast that has about 600 games on the disc and there are a lot of cool RPG's on it that I used to play.

I've always regretted getting rid of my SNES and Genesis stuff when the Playstation One came out.

Neville

« Reply #251 on: August 27, 2008, 02:54:46 AM »

I've never been a RPG person myself, but the closer I've never been to become one was exploring the SNES library of games through emulation. "Super Mario RPG" is a great one for beginners, and I could rave for hours about "Chrono Trigger".

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #252 on: August 27, 2008, 05:03:29 PM »

I just got a sale copy of the Half-Life 2 Orange Box.  My gaming needs are good for along time!
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #253 on: August 27, 2008, 08:51:16 PM »

I can't express with words how much I love emulators. Lately I've ben digging into the greatest hits of the Amstrad CPC computer, of which I was an avid user during the 80s:

I guess the pics must look hideous to the young people around. Today even the crappiest cellphone can offer much more than this, but I still get a kick out of this games, even more so now that I don't need to load them with a data cassette and keep my fingers crossed through 5 minutes of tedious loading.

These days you can play all of these ancient systems on your PC, from the Apple II to the CBM Amiga, and also most of the videoconsoles, like the Genesis or the Super Famicon. Hell, even N64 or PLaystation, if you have a decent computer. But I still feel the urge to play with my old Amstrad CPC. Go figure.

It's gameplay that's most important as far as I'm concerned.  I'm 24, grew up with Nintendo/Sega, then later the PlayStation.  A lot of the games for NES looked terrible, but the gameplay was great and you could have unlimited plays with it.  Double Dragon looked terrible from what I remember, but had a great system that allowed for numerous replayability.  Some games now look like animated movies but have a horrible system to support it, so you only play it once and never play it again.

Torgo

« Reply #254 on: August 28, 2008, 02:07:17 AM »

Truly great gameplay will always transcend graphics.  I was born in 1975 so when I started to play videogames it was around the time that the Atari 5200 had come out in the early 80's.  I was able to grow up around all of the classic arcade games which was awesome looking back. 

I still love playing Yar's Revenge on the Atari 2600 as I do playing Metal Gear Solid 4 on the PS3.   I have an eleven year old nephew that I've gotten hooked on classic gaming.  When he's over at my house he wants to challenge me on Donkey Kong Jr. more than anything else.    Couldn't make me happier! 

He also loves playing Gunstar Heroes on the Sega Genesis with me as well.  He thinks classic gaming is more fun and he's eleven!   I think it's the pick-up-and-play aspect of those games that keeps people  coming back to them.  Easy to play, hard to master.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 03:10:27 PM by Torgo » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 133
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What Video Games Are You Playing? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.