Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:39:53 AM
713396 Posts in 53059 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What Video Games Are You Playing? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 133
Author Topic: What Video Games Are You Playing?  (Read 821622 times)
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #285 on: November 12, 2008, 01:26:59 PM »

Medal of Honor Frontline for the PS2.  According to Game Spot, this is the best FPS for the PS2 of all time.  I just think it's boring as hell.  Boring missions, boring weapons, boring character.  On easy mode it's ridiculously easy too, but making it harder would just make it even more boring.  There's no strategy, nothing to figure out, no variety of enemies, no exploring, nada.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #286 on: November 13, 2008, 01:25:22 AM »

Some old Hockey game for N64. When you make a gole, the gloe lights on FIRE!!

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #287 on: November 13, 2008, 06:18:05 AM »

In preparation for Left 4 Dead, I've been getting my zombie on by revisiting Dead Rising and Evil Dead: Fistful of Boomstick again. Also, picking up Mortal Kombat Vs. DC for the wife Sunday, so that'll be sawing off large portions of my free time, slathering it in A-1, merrily chewing it 32 times and filling its stomach.

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge
WilliamWeird1313
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Bad taste is just an acquired taste!!!

« Reply #288 on: November 14, 2008, 09:55:33 AM »

The old games are the best games.

"On a mountain of skulls in a castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood. What was will be, what is will be no more. Now is the season of evil." - Vigo (former Carpathian warlord and one-time Slayer lyric-writer)
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #289 on: November 14, 2008, 09:56:50 AM »

Sweet.... Twirling

KYGOTC

« Reply #290 on: November 14, 2008, 01:34:26 PM »

[img width=451 height=600]http://a273.ac-

THANK YOU.

Neville

« Reply #291 on: November 15, 2008, 07:20:45 PM »

The PC version of "Brothers in arms - Hell's highway" is keeping me busy. Yes, it's another of those WWII FPS, but the blend of FPS and tactical combat is great, much more forgiving than in say the "Ghost Recon - Advanced Warfighter" series, but enough of a challenge, specially if you explore any other difficulty setting than easy.

The gameplay is simple but has enough depth for me. Whenever enemies appear they rush behind any cover the scenario has to offer and start firing, and it is your mission to "suppress" them, that is, to make your people take cover and keep them busy by shooting at them, leaving you a window to flank them and take 'em out. This instalment is more accesible than the previous two, and the Market Garden setting makes for some awesome scenarios.

You can see some screencaps here.

I'm playing on easy, though, as I want to see the end of the game, and to be honest I haven't gotten into much trouble until the level called "Hell's highway". Here the Germans have the upper hand, they've ambushed my column, leaving the road clogged with burning vehicles and they are well entrenched. Add nightime and poor visibility and you've got it, instant headache.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #292 on: November 21, 2008, 09:13:15 PM »

"The Thing" for the PS2.  Pretty decent game, complicated though.  No on-screen health bar, so your guy could be nearly dead and you don't know it.  And I didn't know, and spent several days getting frustrated because I always got killed from the slightest little thing.  Now that I figured out that you have to give yourself a health pack, and if you don't need it it will just not be used, I've been doing quite a bit better  TeddyR  Pretty fun combat, challenging but not overly hard, and pretty good environments.  Love all the running around in the snowy outdoors with the scary music from the movie kicking in.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #293 on: November 22, 2008, 12:07:32 AM »

Unreal Tournament 2004

Counter-Strike

Anyone play UT2004? I made some mods for it if anyone is interested. .

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #294 on: November 22, 2008, 12:35:51 AM »

Been playing Mortal Kombat Vs. DC Universe for about a week now. Sadly, once the novelty of playing as Deathstroke or Joker wears off, you realize how bare bones the game is compared to the last generation of MK titles. No adventure mode, no mini-games, no alternate costumes, no unlockable content beyond Shao Kahn and Darkseid. The visible damage of the fighters is cool, I like the new "back and forth" button mashing elements, and the characters models are pretty good, but the backgrounds are not-so-much, while the combat - I'm sorry, the "kombat" - is very simplified in an effort to entice more casual gamers, and the beloved "test your might" has been turned into an in-game sequence rather than a mini-game. Sadly, in an effort to make the game more marketable, Midway went for a Teen rating and thus slapped long-time franchise fans in the face by toning down what made the series in the first place: the Fatalities. They're still there, they're just not nearly as hyper violent as they used to be.

Not a terrible title, but no way is it worth $60. Definitely a weekend rental for anyone curious.

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge
Javakoala
« Reply #295 on: November 23, 2008, 06:44:23 PM »

I've been going to town with the Playstation version of "Diablo".  Found it at the library bookstore for 2 bucks and couldn't pass it up.  I enjoy it dearly, but the characters....move......so..........danged....................slow.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 12:17:40 AM by Javakoala » Logged
Neville

« Reply #296 on: November 23, 2008, 07:17:17 PM »

I finally beat "Brothers in Arms - Hell's highway", and I've moved into another WWII shooter, "Call of Duty - World at War". It's an OK game, and some parts are truly great, but after the less restrictive gameplay of BIA or "Crysis" this feels like a step back.

At least the gameplay is a bit better than in the previous COD game, "modern Warfare", as the WWII weaponry makes for a less hectic pacing.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Torgo

« Reply #297 on: November 24, 2008, 05:43:28 PM »

I picked up Virtual Fighter 4: Evolution on the PS2 for only 2 bucks this past weekend. Best Buy had it marked wrong and I got it for this price.

Pretty cool game. Makes up for the debacle that was part 3.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
WilliamWeird1313
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Bad taste is just an acquired taste!!!

« Reply #298 on: November 24, 2008, 05:45:24 PM »

Smash T.V.

I love this game so much words won't even do the affection I feel justice.

"On a mountain of skulls in a castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood. What was will be, what is will be no more. Now is the season of evil." - Vigo (former Carpathian warlord and one-time Slayer lyric-writer)
KYGOTC

« Reply #299 on: November 24, 2008, 07:30:03 PM »

Smash T.V.

I love this game so much words won't even do the affection I feel justice.

OH

MY

GAWD.

Ive always wanted to play that game!!!! When i was little, i always saw advertizments for it in my comic books, but I didnt have a super NES so i never got to play it! I envy you, my friend.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 133
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What Video Games Are You Playing? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.