Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 12:10:01 AM
714253 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What Video Games Are You Playing? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 133
Author Topic: What Video Games Are You Playing?  (Read 825261 times)
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #315 on: December 31, 2008, 09:36:02 AM »

I've been going between Rock Band 2 and GTA San Andreas. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
WingedSerpent
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #316 on: December 31, 2008, 09:40:25 AM »

Resident Evil 4-I want to catch up before 5 comes out.  MK vs DC is the other.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #317 on: December 31, 2008, 10:37:58 AM »

I quit playing "The Thing" for the PS2.  It was okay, not too exciting at all. Got to the last boss fight and got bored after getting killed about 25 times.  I don't mind getting killed because I did something wrong, but dieing because I did something I did ten times before without getting killed, blah...who needs the aggravation.

Now I'm back to "Project:  Snowblind" for the PS2.  Awesomely fun FPS.  All kinds of cool weapons, fast moving gameplay, I think this is about the fourth time I've played it.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Neville

« Reply #318 on: December 31, 2008, 11:04:01 AM »

Is anyone of you guys playing the latest GTA? I'm thinking of giving the PC version a try, but all I keep hearing is bad buzz.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #319 on: December 31, 2008, 12:16:33 PM »

Is anyone of you guys playing the latest GTA? I'm thinking of giving the PC version a try, but all I keep hearing is bad buzz.

I didn't like it. I feel it's souless compared to the Vice City games, just like GTA III (great game btw) but with some Russian dude and a better frame rate.

Torgo

« Reply #320 on: December 31, 2008, 01:33:56 PM »

Like Circus mentioned above, I feel that GTAIV while graphically superior missed a lot of the heart and soul of Vice City (my personal favorite of the series) and even San Andreas.

While it's still a good game, I just didn't enjoy it all that much.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 02:18:38 PM by Torgo » Logged

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #321 on: December 31, 2008, 01:46:13 PM »

Vice city is brilliant !!! All those 80's neon signs, hawaiian shirts and power ballads...
Don't get that in IV

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Doggett

« Reply #322 on: December 31, 2008, 01:46:49 PM »

I'm still playing Fallout 3.

Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #323 on: December 31, 2008, 01:49:00 PM »

Vice city is brilliant !!! All those 80's neon signs, hawaiian shirts and power ballads...
Don't get that in IV

That's the best post I've read all day  Smile

Doggett

« Reply #324 on: December 31, 2008, 01:55:32 PM »

Don't get that in IV

cheers, Circus
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 01:57:48 PM by doggett » Logged

Neville

« Reply #325 on: December 31, 2008, 04:01:43 PM »

I'm not a big fan of the series, but yeah, the "Miami Vice" look is hard to beat.  Cheers

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #326 on: December 31, 2008, 11:26:10 PM »

It feels like 2008 was the year of "stripped down" sequels. The common complaint I've heard and made has been stuff like GTA IV, MK Vs. DC, and Soul Calibur IV dropped all of the extras from their previous installments in an effort to either save cash by scaling back developmental costs, or trying to appeal to "hardcore" gamers by dropping the extras in favor of "traditional" core games that focus on perfecting the basics of their genre rather than making them infinitely replayable. Some people embrace the idea, but from what I've seen, most don't.

As for what I'm playing, I finally played through the first God of War title (in prep for #3's coming) and am looking forward to getting GoW2 now. I also picked up a copy of BioShock during GameStop's big "Buy 2, Get 1 Free" used game sale last week, so I'm finally going to give that a shot soon too. GameFly's sending me a copy of Target: Terror to laugh at soon, and I'm still trying to find someplace to rent me a copy of Left 4 Dead rather than buy another new game I've never played before and risk monster buyer's remorse later... thanks a lot MK Vs. DC...  Hatred

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #327 on: January 01, 2009, 01:50:15 PM »

Don't get that in IV

cheers, Circus
I love the setting/plot line in GTA VC the best out of all of them but San Andreas has stole my heart for a few reasons.   
1.) The map which is huge but a lot of fun to explore.  I've had the game several years now and I still stumble on stuff I haven't seen.
2.) The awesome side games/jobs like gambling and pool.  Then theres the burglary missions which are hilarious.
3.) Girlfriends and coffee.   Drink
4.) The vehicles, especially the planes, rule. 
5.) The fact you can at any time change your character's appearance. 
6.) The soundtrack is pretty tight and the music really brings me back to happy times during freshman/sophomore year in high school. 
7.) There are a lot more weapons to use.  I sometimes forget which ones are available. 

Theres other reasons but those are some of the main ones. 

Side note, can you fly planes in GTA IV?  If not that sucks.

« Last Edit: January 01, 2009, 02:09:29 PM by The DarkSider » Logged

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #328 on: January 01, 2009, 04:44:58 PM »

I've been playing One Piece: Ultimate Adventure on the Wii. My niece recommended it when I was looking for a third game during GameStop's Buy-2-get-1-free sale. I'm having a lot of fun with it; it's a surprisingly big game, nearly as big and sprawling as a Zelda game. The enemies get a bit repetitive, and you have to spend an inordinate amount of time building up your characters before you can face the later bosses, but it remains a fun game overall. I also started playing Tomb Raider: Underworld (got it for Christmas). It looks much better than the last Lara Croft game, but I'm still trying to get used to the controls on this one. The worst thing about it so far is the camera--it won't stay with one perspective; instead, it swings around, which can throw off a move (particularly when you are swinging on a rope) or at least make things more difficult.

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #329 on: January 01, 2009, 09:06:58 PM »

Side note, can you fly planes in GTA IV?  If not that sucks.

You can fly sight-seeing helicopters and you can fly military choppers if you unlock 'em (or use the cheat code), but no DS, I don't think there are any planes to be flown.

I think my biggest disappointment with GTAIV was the lack of character modifications that Rockstar gave us in San Andreas, only to immediately take it away from us with the following game.  Bluesad

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 133
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What Video Games Are You Playing? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.