Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 01:13:04 AM
714146 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7732 Members
Latest Member: Larryfiste
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What Video Games Are You Playing? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 133
Author Topic: What Video Games Are You Playing?  (Read 824331 times)
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #345 on: January 09, 2009, 08:26:13 PM »

Guess I'm old school I'm playing the PS2 Ratchet and Clank series right now.

You know you're getting old when the PS2 qualifies as retro-gaming.  Buggedout

Whatever happenned to the Sega Genesis? Or the C64?

C64? N64 was my beat, but ive never played a C64.

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #346 on: January 09, 2009, 08:30:40 PM »

Guess I'm old school I'm playing the PS2 Ratchet and Clank series right now.

You know you're getting old when the PS2 qualifies as retro-gaming.  Buggedout

Whatever happenned to the Sega Genesis? Or the C64?

C64? N64 was my beat, but ive never played a C64.

I think the Commodore 64 may have already been out of production before you were born.  It was released about 15 years before the N64. 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #347 on: January 09, 2009, 09:22:40 PM »

I think the Commodore 64 may have already been out of production before you were born.  It was released about 15 years before the N64. 

I had a Commodore 64 with the snazzy cassette tape drive! Then I upgraded to a classy Trash80!

Shoot, PS2 is uptown for me, I still play a NES and SNES for a long time a GameCube was styling. My kids have the Wii I've yet to play it.

Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #348 on: January 10, 2009, 06:53:01 AM »

I used to have a Spectrum  TeddyR

Neville

« Reply #349 on: January 10, 2009, 07:37:17 AM »

Behold...

the awesome-ness of the c64! The case was originally white, but Commodore's plastic casings age very badly.

I was the proud owner of an Amstrad CPC464, the main ZX Spectrum competitor in Europe:

It's difficult to explain its capabilities to modern gamers. It had a 4 MHZ CPU and 64 KB of RAM, which in these days may be fine for a pocket calculator, and the games resembled those of first generation pre-JAVA cellphones.

The games, as in the Spectrum or C64, were loaded through the attached tape player, after 5 minutes of loading. And very often, every stage needed to be loaded separately. 

I have many fond memories of my CPC and the many arcade ports I use to play, but unluckily the tape player became very unreliable in the early 90s and I had to jettison it. Now I wish I had thought of buying a second hand replacement instead. Hopefully, there are many decent emulators around.

[And I'd like to apologise for steering now and then this thread towards retrogaming, but I find the subject fascinating, plus I'm reaching the age when the old-fashioned tends to feel more appealing than the modern]

« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 08:27:03 AM by Neville » Logged

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #350 on: January 10, 2009, 10:34:56 AM »

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #351 on: January 11, 2009, 02:49:29 PM »

I don't have quite as much going on right now, not as I did before. 

The World Ends With You
Eternal Sonata
Magna Carta
Zak and Wiki

I usually try to limit myself to about three or four games to complete.  It's been hard to find the time to play them all lately, though.  It doesn't help that I have a huge backlog. 
Neville

« Reply #352 on: January 11, 2009, 03:03:27 PM »

BTW, I just learned Steam is offering the classic strategy games "UFO: Enemy Unknown" and its sequel, "X-COM: Terror from the deep". If any of you don't mind dated graphics and have a Steam account, I'd advise you to get them. They're easily the most absorving games I've ever played in a PC. Including emulated ones.

Both games combine management simulation (you get to run the logistics of an international organisation created to stop an alien invasion) with nail-bitting turn-based strategy.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Torgo

« Reply #353 on: January 29, 2009, 02:56:02 AM »

I've started working  again on both Tales of the Abyss & Tales of Legendia  on the PS2.   Both are excellent RPG's. I also just beat Marvel Ultimate Alliance this past weekend on normal mode which in turn unlocked hard mode. 

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #354 on: January 29, 2009, 07:22:54 AM »

I bought a $5 game at Circuit City last weekend called AVENCAST - RISE OF THE MAGE.  It's not up there with OBLIVION - or even MORROWIND for that matter - but it is kinda fun.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #355 on: January 29, 2009, 08:30:46 AM »

I ordered Metal Gear Solid 2 - Sons of Liberty for the PS2.  Really like MGS Snake Eater, so I'm hoping this one is just as fun.  Haven't really been playing many video games recently, I've been working on Poject Snowblind, which is an awesome game, but this is the third or fourth time I've played it and I just can't get too interested in it.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Javakoala
« Reply #356 on: January 29, 2009, 09:45:46 AM »

I've been bouncing between "Call of Cthulhu," Riddick-Escape From Butcher's Bay," and "Phantom Crash".  "Cthulhu" is great fun, but I'm stuck at this one point where you have to escape people trying to kill you. Man, it does induce a sense of panic!!

"Butcher's Bay" is a blast. Again, I'm stuck at a point where you have to beat this person to death and he just whomps on me.

"Phantom Crash" is speedy mech warfare. The designers created (by accident or on purpose) great places to lurk so you can wait for some dork to blast.  Too bad my Xbox isn't online.  Oh well....
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #357 on: January 29, 2009, 12:48:02 PM »

I ordered Metal Gear Solid 2 - Sons of Liberty for the PS2.  Really like MGS Snake Eater, so I'm hoping this one is just as fun.  Haven't really been playing many video games recently, I've been working on Poject Snowblind, which is an awesome game, but this is the third or fourth time I've played it and I just can't get too interested in it.

You won't be disappointed  Wink

Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #358 on: January 29, 2009, 04:17:35 PM »

You won't be disappointed  Wink

I was.
Apart the beginning on the boat, you spend all your time as a blond haired gimp. I wanted to be Snake. Bluesad

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Neville

« Reply #359 on: January 29, 2009, 04:48:00 PM »

I'm checking out some old (well, it's from 2005) FPS, Chrome - Specforce. It's lots of fun, although very limited when you compare it to newer stuff like "Crysis". Still it's somehow refreshing, and I can boost all the detail options to the maximum and it moves as fast as it does on minimum.

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 133
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What Video Games Are You Playing? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.