Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 11:41:10 PM
714228 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What Video Games Are You Playing? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 133
Author Topic: What Video Games Are You Playing?  (Read 824985 times)
Javakoala
« Reply #525 on: July 28, 2009, 07:35:48 PM »

I picked up Grand Theft Auto 4 and have been playing it.  What a dark game, and I do mean the lighting. And it is structured like the other games, but it is a whole different beast.  I'm having to relearn how to play, after getting used to the older games. And what is it with the cops?  You bump someone wrong and you have a one-star wanted rating and they start shooting you if you don't stop when they tell you to. Geez.

And I killed the girlfriend on the first date, completely by accident. I'm going to hell for that one.
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #526 on: July 29, 2009, 04:04:06 AM »

And I killed the girlfriend on the first date, completely by accident. I'm going to hell for that one.

You did?  How?
I took her bowling, then to her home and banged her.   Wink   Thumbup
Javakoala
« Reply #527 on: July 29, 2009, 04:58:21 PM »

You did?  How?
I took her bowling, then to her home and banged her.   Wink   Thumbup

She made some comment about how she didn't think I would be such a careful driver, so I gunned it, whipped down the wrong street and ended up in the water.  Guess she never figured out how to swim.

But I went to an earlier save and I'm happy to say that she is loving some foreign salami slamming.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #528 on: July 29, 2009, 09:59:11 PM »

I downloaded a huge mode for Elder Scrolls IV: OBLIVION called THE LOST SPIRES.  It adds an Archeology Guild to Tamriel and you wind up exploring a completely new class of ruins looking for clues to a lost, pre-Ayleid civilization.  I'm about four missions into it and IT ROCKS!!

Also got a new graphics card, so the game plays much faster and smoother than ever.  I LOVE OBLIVION!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Javakoala
« Reply #529 on: July 30, 2009, 09:48:46 PM »

I downloaded a huge mode for Elder Scrolls IV: OBLIVION called THE LOST SPIRES.  It adds an Archeology Guild to Tamriel and you wind up exploring a completely new class of ruins looking for clues to a lost, pre-Ayleid civilization.  I'm about four missions into it and IT ROCKS!!

Also got a new graphics card, so the game plays much faster and smoother than ever.  I LOVE OBLIVION!

I wish they would get something like this for the PS3 version.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #530 on: July 30, 2009, 11:53:51 PM »

That's the problem with OBLIVION for the XBox and PS2 - you can buy the official plug-ins from Bethesda, but you can't download any of the huge number of fan mods out there.  LOST SPIRES is enormous, all right - I just went on a huge dungeon crawl looking for the lost tomb of an Ayleid king and had to fight a 50 foot tall minotaur just to get to it!  It's amazing that someone took the time and effort to creat such an enormous mod, just to make it available for free.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Javakoala
« Reply #531 on: July 31, 2009, 05:16:03 PM »

Well, my computer sucks in the power and graphics area and being a laptop, I don't see that improving any time soon.

But, yeah, Oblivion is incredible.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #532 on: August 06, 2009, 07:12:24 AM »

Finally got some more PS3 games:  Star Wars the Force Unleashed, Dead Space, Condemned 2 Bloodshot, and Timeshift.  Started playing Star Wars, seems pretty fun.  I really should read the instructions - you've got all these force powers and I think it would help a lot if I learned which button controls which one.  The pilot of my spaceship - wow!  She's a hot babe and her pants are absolutely painted on her.  I think I'm going to enjoy flying with her!  Still playing Turok as well, it's not so bad since I learned A)  the knife works far better than the guns against dinosaurs and B)  battle the human opponents from far away and behind as much cover as possible.  Kind of sucks that you can only carry two weapons at a time - we just took over a small enemy base and there's all these great weapons there - and I con only choose two  Hatred  Also still playing Cold Fear on the PS2, it's turned out to be one of my favorite PS2 games of all time.  Actually sort of "scary"!

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #533 on: August 06, 2009, 08:36:20 AM »

I'm busy playing Metal Gear Acid 2 on the PSP.  It's very fun and an interesting stragedy game to play.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Cthulhu

« Reply #534 on: August 12, 2009, 02:11:09 PM »

I'm playing through the Larry series (except Magna cum laude and Box office bust. I wouldn't touch those with a 10 foot pole).
I'm at the 3rd one. TeddyR They are great!
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #535 on: August 13, 2009, 04:46:02 AM »

I just picked up The Bourne Conspiracy for the Xbox 360 yesterday.
Got it used for $18.

This game is awesome!
If you've seen any of the Bourne films and like that particular style of hand to hand combat that Bourne uses, you wll be instantly hooked on this game.
The Bourne in this game looks nothing like Matt Damon, but I didn't have a problem with that.  He's still totally believable as Jason Bourne.

Check out some of the in-game fights.
Absolutely brutal!

Small | Large

The boss fights are extended sequences (some lasting several minutes) where you can use objects around the room.
You can smash a dude's head right through a jukebox or stab him in the arm with a screwdriver.  There are tons of ways to use the environment to inflict damage on your opponents.
Even better is the fact that once you defeat a boss, you can jump to each boss fight right from the main menu and replay it.  Since each boss fight can go totally differently each time you fight them, it adds a lot to the game's replay value.

I would've rated this game with 5 stars but the gunfights are a little lame.
This game is all about hand to hand fighting.
As it stands, I'd rate this game 4.5 stars out of 5 stars and a big  Thumbup.   Smile

If you own a 360 and like the Bourne films, go buy a used copy now!

« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 05:00:27 AM by Ash » Logged
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #536 on: August 13, 2009, 09:59:24 AM »

an online version of Q bert that breaks when you jump on the disc things
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #537 on: August 18, 2009, 02:35:42 PM »

It's amazing that someone took the time and effort to creat such an enormous mod, just to make it available for free.

I have to say that a good game with good modding tools is often more fun to mod for than most games are to outright play. Much greater sense of accomplishment to me, I bet I've spent more time modding for UT2004 than I have playing it, unless you consider the testing time I've spent in-game.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
venomx
« Reply #538 on: August 18, 2009, 05:04:05 PM »

Right now I'm playing The Treasures Of Montezuma. I love it!

Javakoala
« Reply #539 on: August 18, 2009, 05:25:47 PM »

My latest addiction:

Bejeweled 2!!

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 133
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What Video Games Are You Playing? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.