Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:10:32 AM
714334 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What Video Games Are You Playing? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 133
Author Topic: What Video Games Are You Playing?  (Read 826199 times)
Umaril The Unfeathered
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #540 on: August 18, 2009, 05:28:16 PM »

That's the problem with OBLIVION for the XBox and PS2 - you can buy the official plug-ins from Bethesda, but you can't download any of the huge number of fan mods out there.  LOST SPIRES is enormous, all right - I just went on a huge dungeon crawl looking for the lost tomb of an Ayleid king and had to fight a 50 foot tall minotaur just to get to it!  It's amazing that someone took the time and effort to creat such an enormous mod, just to make it available for free.

Hi Indiansmith, nice to meet you!  Cheers   I'm new here and just couldn't pass up any discussion on Elder Scrolls 4:Oblivion   I have the XBox 360 version which, while it looks nice and has enough to do, seriously needs mods for it.  Seems once the main quest and the Knights Of The Nine and Shivering Isles are done, there's not much else to do.

The Lost Spires, and a pre-Ayleid civilization. The Beast-Men come to mind. They mention them and the magic rock runes they created, like the one outside Bruma.  Anyhow, ES 4 is an awesome game and hats off to the mod community for constantly supplying it with new blood.

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #541 on: August 18, 2009, 09:07:10 PM »

NFS Underground 2 -ps2 .
I was playing LEGO Batman, but the data keeps getting corrupted Thumbdown Hatred

yeah no.
Umaril The Unfeathered

« Reply #542 on: August 18, 2009, 09:55:06 PM »

Nice avatar, Bull.

The Beast From 20,000 Fathoms is a great movie and the Rhedosaurus has his rightful place as the inspiration for Toho and company to make a certain Japanese behemoth that has starred in 30 films  Cheers

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #543 on: August 19, 2009, 06:34:10 AM »

Motor Storm Pacific Rift on the PS3.  Insane courses, insane speed, insane fun  TeddyR  You're racing around all these different tracks on an island;  if they were real, I think a good 25% of the competitors would get killed on every lap.  Especially any motorcyclists that get near me.   TeddyR  I think I'm going to be playing this one a whole lot from now on.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #544 on: August 19, 2009, 04:10:06 PM »

Psycho naughts!

yeah no.
venomx
« Reply #545 on: August 19, 2009, 04:38:35 PM »

I bought Dynasty Warriors 3 PS2 for my Son today, I hope he likes it. (I did)

Edit* Nope, he didn't like it.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 07:45:14 PM by Venomx » Logged
Umaril The Unfeathered

« Reply #546 on: August 20, 2009, 02:07:49 PM »

If I didn't mention before, my current game is Prototype for the Xbox 360. Not a bad game, as you get a TON of upgrades, but it gets a bit repetitive. But the amount of destruction you cause is quite a bunch of fun.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #547 on: August 22, 2009, 07:09:01 AM »

I'm totally addicted to Motorstorm now.  I unlocked a new track where I think 50% of the competitors would get killed in real life.  I guess I'm on level 3 now, the races are a lot harder - I was finishing in first place pretty easily, now I need a pretty good race to make it to 8th place.  I prefer racing in a dune buggy or pickup truck, but on one race I had to drive a big rig, like a water truck or something.  You wouldn't think that would be a lot of fun, but man oh man, you can drive right through any of your competitors in smaller vehicles, then switch to a rear view and see the wreckage scattering in all directions  TeddyR

Also finished Cold Fear on the PS2.  A really good survival horror game, with great atmosphere and plenty of (mostly) fun combat. 

- Paulo Coelho
Javakoala
« Reply #548 on: August 22, 2009, 11:29:53 PM »

Well, someone mentioned a game to me a few days ago. I had never heard of it.  I looked it up and was instantly thinking, "This is THE game I've been wanting."  Three days and sixty some odd bucks later I have it.

I ended up staying inside during a beautiful day playing this thing for at least five or more hours.  It plays like Diablo and Champions Of Norrath (however that was spelled), but it has dozens of side quests like Oblivion.  I love it.  The humor is great.  My character, a dryad, will do a pole dance move if you leave her standing still for a minute if she is holding a polearm weapon.  Some of the enemies will scream out stuff when they die, like "This is what I get for not listening to my wife...." or  "OOOUCH!!!  Damn, that HURT!" or "You turn your back for one second...."

It's the best $60+ I should not have spent.

Now I am in dire need of sleep.
Dubal
« Reply #549 on: August 23, 2009, 01:39:38 PM »

Well, someone mentioned a game to me a few days ago. I had never heard of it.  I looked it up and was instantly thinking, "This is THE game I've been wanting."  Three days and sixty some odd bucks later I have it.

I ended up staying inside during a beautiful day playing this thing for at least five or more hours.  It plays like Diablo and Champions Of Norrath (however that was spelled), but it has dozens of side quests like Oblivion.  I love it.  The humor is great.  My character, a dryad, will do a pole dance move if you leave her standing still for a minute if she is holding a polearm weapon.  Some of the enemies will scream out stuff when they die, like "This is what I get for not listening to my wife...." or  "OOOUCH!!!  Damn, that HURT!" or "You turn your back for one second...."

It's the best $60+ I should not have spent.

Now I am in dire need of sleep.

Playing this also currently on my 360.

You're right Javakoala in that it is very addicting.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #550 on: August 24, 2009, 09:52:45 AM »

Played a bit more of Turok on the PS3 last night.  This game just sucks.  There are all these giant scorpions after you, so you climb up on a roof and - yippee! - there's a mounted machine gun up here!  Oh but wait, the aiming system is the worst on any gun I've ever fired in any video game.  Barely touch the left analog stick, the gun jerks 20 feet off target.  Great.  Get it lined up on a target (finally), pull the trigger, and wait.  It'll be a couple of seconds before it starts firing.  By which time your target will have moved out of your sights.  So you shoot the scorpions with this infuriating piece of crap.  And shoot them.  And shoot them.  After ten minutes of this I finally figure out that there's an infinite number of them, they just keep coming.  Out of sheer boredom and frustration, I gave up on the gun and just jumped off the building.  Oh, now I see:  That whole thing was pointless, what I was really supposed to do was try to make my way to this other area over here.   Hatred  I mean, why in the hell couldn't they give you a gun that's fun to shoot, let you knock off 50 or 75 scorpions, and then progress on to your next goal?  Oh, and it's not like I can even get to where I'm supposed to go. Nope, that might border on enjoyable.  A cutscene is triggered and I fall through a hole.

Did I mention that I spent the first one-third of the game trying to find a communications module, only so that it could get destroyed in the very next mission?  Oh, this really gives me a sense of accomplishment.

- Paulo Coelho
BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #551 on: August 24, 2009, 11:58:06 AM »

I'm getting into Lost Odyssey for X-Box 360. I played alot of JRPGs in my time and I enjoyed the change in main charater. He not some coming of age going on a adventure to grow up and be annoying. He's a Immortal who has been around for a 1,000 years. So far so good.

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #552 on: August 24, 2009, 07:17:15 PM »

I'm replaying Team Fortress 2 and I gave another shot at Spongebob Squarepants: Revenge of the Flying Dutchman on the GBA.  Damn that gave has a lot of cheap deaths.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #553 on: August 25, 2009, 04:09:40 PM »

Midnight Club 3 Remix Thumbup

yeah no.
venomx
« Reply #554 on: August 25, 2009, 08:00:28 PM »

Oh! I forgot to tell all you Angry Video Game Nerd fans out there. Remember I said I was at the Monster mania con? Well so was the AVGN! Sucks though, I didn't take any photos or ask for him for an autograph lol. Maybe next time. I did see him taking that photo of Toxic Avenger though.

http://www.cinemassacre.com/new/index.php

« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 08:11:57 PM by Venomx » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 133
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What Video Games Are You Playing? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.