Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:50:32 PM
713382 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What Video Games Are You Playing? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 133
Author Topic: What Video Games Are You Playing?  (Read 821538 times)
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #555 on: August 28, 2009, 07:03:19 AM »

Still working on Turok.  I'm at this part where I come up behind two guys and try to kill them.  Now, you'd thing that with a flamethrower, automatic rifle, and two types of grenades, it would be fairly easy to kill two guys who have their back turned to you.  Nope, got killed about 5 times so far.

Ah, the fun continues.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Javakoala
« Reply #556 on: August 28, 2009, 05:31:52 PM »

Still working on Turok.  I'm at this part where I come up behind two guys and try to kill them.  Now, you'd thing that with a flamethrower, automatic rifle, and two types of grenades, it would be fairly easy to kill two guys who have their back turned to you.  Nope, got killed about 5 times so far.

Ah, the fun continues.

You are either hardcore, or you just can't let go of a game that sucks.  I would have walked away by now.
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #557 on: August 29, 2009, 04:35:24 PM »

I'm reattempting to finally finish Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga.  I was never able to beat it 6 years ago, so maybe I can now that I am older and a wiser video game player.  I am also playing Wii Sports Resort.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
venomx
« Reply #558 on: August 29, 2009, 09:58:19 PM »

Anybody here good at flash Tower Defense games? If so, I found the best one ever.

Warzone Tower Defense, My best is wave 179, Its a cool game. I'm hooked lol.

Here is my 179 photo. If you ever played or play it, Let me know how you did.

Tips - right click makes the game go full screen. Try to create mazes with wall blocks.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 10:14:23 PM by Venomx » Logged
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #559 on: August 30, 2009, 08:46:42 PM »

It's pretty fun so far.
schmendrik
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #560 on: September 04, 2009, 11:48:54 AM »

Here's one that people on this forum ought to enjoy. It's a flash game on the Adult Swim website called "Nine Billion Miles from Earth." Action is a fairly standard alien shooter, except the graphics are completely demented, and it's got the look and sound of a cheesy 50s sci-fi movie. The badly-acted spaceship captain is wonderful. "Aliens from outer space! Either they've got a funny way of saying hello... or they're trying to turn me into space junk!"

http://games.adultswim.com/nine-billion-miles-from-earth-action-online-game.html

You can't lose because you can't run out of lives. Which means that you can really waste hours on this stupid thing trying to get all the way to Nine... Billion... Miles. I'm completely addicted to this game right now.

Edit: Forgot to mention the visible strings which hold up the space ships and the badly done exhaust and ray gun special effects. And as you move your spaceship around, it swings on that string.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 11:56:49 AM by schmendrik » Logged
Torgo

« Reply #561 on: September 05, 2009, 02:41:56 AM »

Currently working through TENCHU: FATAL SHADOWS on the PS2. Pretty good game though not the best in the series.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #562 on: September 05, 2009, 11:23:14 PM »

Here's one that people on this forum ought to enjoy. It's a flash game on the Adult Swim website called "Nine Billion Miles from Earth." Action is a fairly standard alien shooter, except the graphics are completely demented, and it's got the look and sound of a cheesy 50s sci-fi movie. The badly-acted spaceship captain is wonderful. "Aliens from outer space! Either they've got a funny way of saying hello... or they're trying to turn me into space junk!"

http://games.adultswim.com/nine-billion-miles-from-earth-action-online-game.html

You can't lose because you can't run out of lives. Which means that you can really waste hours on this stupid thing trying to get all the way to Nine... Billion... Miles. I'm completely addicted to this game right now.

Edit: Forgot to mention the visible strings which hold up the space ships and the badly done exhaust and ray gun special effects. And as you move your spaceship around, it swings on that string.

And on the same page, "Zombie Hooker Nightmare".

http://games.adultswim.com/zombie-hooker-nightmare-action-online-game.html

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #563 on: September 06, 2009, 12:20:02 PM »

Played a little bit of Lord of the Rings The Two Towers on the PS2.  That's a real bargain bin title, lousy graphics and utterly repetitive gameplay.  Only made it about an hour into it and I have absolutely no ambition to waste another minute on it.

Just got started on Cold Winter on the PS2.  Seems like a fairly average FPS, but I'm enjoying it. 

Think I'll call it quits on Turok, that game just sucks more and more the longer I play it.  Might start on Dead Space or something next.  Still completely addicted to Motorstorm Pacific Rift  TeddyR

- Paulo Coelho
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #564 on: September 12, 2009, 07:29:28 AM »

Downloaded Silent Hill on my PS3.  It's an old PS1 title, but I've been wanting to play it forever.  They cleaned up the graphics on the pre-rendered cutscenes and they look amazingly good for such an old game.  The in-game graphics look about like you'd expect on a high definition monitor though:  pretty crummy.  It's a fairly primitive game, controlling your character is like trying to drive a dump truck around in a parking lot, and the voice acting is pretty awful.  But it seems to have good atmosphere and a somewhat intriguing story.

Also playing Dead Space, that's an awesome game.  Like being in the movie Alien.  Cool weapons, nasty enemies, awesome atmosphere.

Cold Winter on the PS2 - fun game.  Very fast paced action and excellent voice acting.  The story is very confusing at this point, but I assume it will all make sense later. 

Downloaded some free demo's - Dirt 2 might be a moderately enjoyable racing game, if you wanted to spend an hour getting used to your vehicle being out of control most of the time.  IL-2 Sturmovic looked like an awesome WWII air combat game, but once I spent half an hour trying to attack a bomber and barely being able to get within a half mile of it, much less actually put some bullets into it, well...maybe I'll try it again later.

- Paulo Coelho
Cthulhu

« Reply #565 on: September 12, 2009, 02:19:15 PM »

Downloaded Silent Hill on my PS3.  It's an old PS1 title, but I've been wanting to play it forever.  They cleaned up the graphics on the pre-rendered cutscenes and they look amazingly good for such an old game.  The in-game graphics look about like you'd expect on a high definition monitor though:  pretty crummy.  It's a fairly primitive game, controlling your character is like trying to drive a dump truck around in a parking lot, and the voice acting is pretty awful.  But it seems to have good atmosphere and a somewhat intriguing story.

Also playing Dead Space, that's an awesome game.  Like being in the movie Alien.  Cool weapons, nasty enemies, awesome atmosphere.

Cold Winter on the PS2 - fun game.  Very fast paced action and excellent voice acting.  The story is very confusing at this point, but I assume it will all make sense later. 

Downloaded some free demo's - Dirt 2 might be a moderately enjoyable racing game, if you wanted to spend an hour getting used to your vehicle being out of control most of the time.  IL-2 Sturmovic looked like an awesome WWII air combat game, but once I spent half an hour trying to attack a bomber and barely being able to get within a half mile of it, much less actually put some bullets into it, well...maybe I'll try it again later.
I've just finished Silent hill. It was weird, but good. I'll replay it for the better ending.
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #566 on: September 15, 2009, 09:54:25 PM »

http://games.adultswim.com/fantasy-telemarketer-puzzle-online-game.html

Weird, but funny

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #567 on: September 20, 2009, 09:00:17 PM »

I've tried playing Rollar Coaster Tycoon 2 again.  Pretty fun and just as frustrating as it was before.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #568 on: September 26, 2009, 04:59:37 AM »

Been trying to work on making another YouTube video concerning NES's Wrecking Crew.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Jim H

« Reply #569 on: September 28, 2009, 11:07:11 PM »

Scribblenauts and Counter-Strike: Source.  The former is a great game in some way, with a couple of huge flaws that would have been easy to fix.  Awful controls and an awful control.  It's a 2D side scroller, sort of, but the camera always autocenters on the main character.  This wouldn't be so bad, except it's also a puzzle game where you position stuff with the stylus (DS game).  Means you'll be looking at what you're doing, while constantly fighting the camera. 

Controls suck because it's ALL stylus based.  Meaning you tap to move the main character.  This is a problem because the main character can be instantly killed VERY easily, and you can VERY easily accidentally move him when trying to position objects.  Easy fix too - just make him controlled with the d-pad instead.

Still, the game is fun.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 133
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What Video Games Are You Playing? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.