Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:52:38 PM
713364 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What Video Games Are You Playing? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 133
Author Topic: What Video Games Are You Playing?  (Read 821512 times)
darthchicken
Bad Movie Lover

"If my rhyme was a drug, I'd sell it by the gram"

« Reply #570 on: October 01, 2009, 08:29:11 PM »

http://www.adamatomic.com/canabalt/

this game is so addicting

"His coconut gun can fire in spurts. If he shoots ya, it's gonna hurt!" - James Madison
venomx
« Reply #571 on: October 01, 2009, 11:18:30 PM »

Battlefield 2142 PC and Command and Conquer Generals: Zero Hour PC.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #572 on: October 02, 2009, 02:23:26 PM »

Finally finished Cold Winter on the PS2.  It was a basic shooter, with excellent controls and good voice acting.  It didn't really have much of a story, so after a while it became somewhat chore-like:  Go over here, shoot these guys, blow up this thing;  go over there, shoot those guys, blow up that thing.  But it was always fun shooting guys, so what the hey.  Graphics were fairly poor even by PS2 standards, and it wasn't really "memorable" in any way, but it was a good little time waster.  Now I'm on to Red Faction 2, we'll see what that's like.

On the PS3, still working on Dead Space.  I'm on chapter 10 (out of 12).  Still the best scary atmosphere of any game I've ever played, and the gameplay is pretty darned good as well.  It's getting quite a bit harder on these later chapters, but still keeps me wanting to try again right away whenever I get killed - which is very often.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #573 on: October 02, 2009, 02:41:20 PM »

On the PS3, still working on Dead Space.  I'm on chapter 10 (out of 12).  Still the best scary atmosphere of any game I've ever played, and the gameplay is pretty darned good as well.  It's getting quite a bit harder on these later chapters, but still keeps me wanting to try again right away whenever I get killed - which is very often.

Then you'll like this:

Small | Large

I finally beat Dead Space a few weeks ago.
The ending was really cool!   Thumbup

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #574 on: October 02, 2009, 06:34:11 PM »

Then you'll like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIdkR85kpKs

I finally beat Dead Space a few weeks ago.
The ending was really cool!   Thumbup

Oh yeah, I've just watched plenty of those things happen to myself  TeddyR  My favorite is at around 3:45 where the little critter tears your head off and you grow a little zombie head.  And I HATE those huge tentacle things!  Last night I got killed by one of those stinkin' things about 15 times  Hatred  The game is getting pretty darned hard up around the end of chapter 10.  I actually checked a walkthrough for a tip for the first time.  Yeah, I know...I suck.

- Paulo Coelho
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #575 on: October 02, 2009, 07:22:52 PM »

I am currently playing Super Paper Mario.  I personally enjoy the first 2 games more than this one, but I like this game's interesting approach and its great sense of humor.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Ash

« Reply #576 on: October 02, 2009, 11:02:45 PM »

I actually checked a walkthrough for a tip for the first time.  Yeah, I know...I suck.

Here's a good online guide:

http://www.gamespot.com/features/6200144/index.html

Ash

« Reply #577 on: October 04, 2009, 12:42:10 AM »

I bought Defense Grid: The Awakening from Xbox Live Arcade yesterday and it's awesome!   Thumbup
I had never played a "tower defense" game until this one and within minutes of playing it I was completely hooked.

Basically, you reactivate a centuries old fully intelligent AI computer program and use it to activate defense towers around the level.  The AI has the voice of an old British man and it actually blends well with the game.

A huge army of aliens attack and it's up to you to use your available resources to build towers to stop the aliens from stealing your power cores.  The aliens march in through your gauntlet of towers.  If they make it through, they'll steal a power core or two and try to exit the level with it.
When all the power cores have been stolen, your entire defense grid shuts down and it's game over.

Check out the official trailer:

Small | Large

Gameplay Video:
Maps like this really require some creative thinking to beat...
You can zoom in on the action, but the person who posted this video doesn't zoom in much.

Small | Large

There are several different towers you can build and they're all indestructible.
There are machine gun towers, Inferno towers that spew flame, laser towers, meteor towers that launch flaming projectiles like a mortar, missle towers, and even a temporal tower that emits a pulse of energy that slows the aliens down for a few seconds.

All of the towers are upgradeable.  They start at Green, the weakest level.  Then you can spend additional resources to upgrade them. The next levels are amber and then to red level, where they are extremely lethal.
The variety of towers are great and everything depends on how well you place them.
Do you upgrade that flame tower over there?  Or do you build a new tower down there?
The choices you make have a huge impact on the outcome.

The aliens come at you piecemeal at first, but then they enter your base in strength.  In later levels, even the strongest towers you've built can't keep up with the sheer number of aliens coming to get your precious power cores.

The music is intense and the graphics are excellent.

This is hands down the best deal I've ever seen on Xbox Live Arcade.
I'm giving this game 4 stars out of 4.
Play this game and you'll be hooked.  I promise!   Smile
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 01:04:15 AM by Ash » Logged
venomx
« Reply #578 on: October 07, 2009, 09:57:44 PM »

Defense Grid: The Awakening is one of the best games in the WORLD! Thumbup

I had the PC ver Feb 09, I lOVED IT! Best tower defense game ever. I was hooked!
paula
Bad Movie Lover

Just give me hairspray and I can rule the world!

« Reply #579 on: October 08, 2009, 05:12:49 AM »

hubby playing Rainbow Six: Vegas.  I guess he is doing the terrorist hunt on Realistic (?) and....it is not going well

"What about the American Dream?"
"It came true!  You're looking at it!"
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #580 on: October 08, 2009, 07:01:39 AM »

Finally finished Dead Space - what an awesome game.  Truly one of the best I've ever played.  I'm a huge sci-fi and horror fan, so it was right up my alley.  The level of tension throughout the entire game was intense! 

Now I started on Uncharted:  Drake's Fortune.  It's a combination platformer/shooter, with lots of climbing around on cliffs and even more gunfights.  The scenery is spectacular - one of those games where you just have to stop and look at the beautiful vistas everywhere.  Shooting mechanics are excellent, I already got a trophy for pulling off 10 headshots  TeddyR  Love the characters too - when I found the shotgun, my guy says "Alright, now we're talkin' ",  which is precisely what I was thinking.

On the PS2 I started on Red Faction 2.  This game is dopey  Bluesad  It's a FPS and the enemies run around like chickens with their heads cut off, yelling things like "You just killed my mom's third cousin!" or "I grew up with that guy!".  Now I'm on some level which takes place in the sewer system and it's very hard to figure out where I'm supposed to go next - and I don't really care.  I think I'll be shopping for a new PS2 game on Amazon pretty quick.  The only cool thing about the game is that you can blast through walls.  Enemies hiding behind cover?  Blow up the cover.  Meh.  Kind of surprised it's so goofy because I played the demo for Red Faction Guerrilla on the PS3 and thought it was pretty awesome. 

- Paulo Coelho
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #581 on: October 08, 2009, 04:47:43 PM »

anyone play the new tmnt fighting game yet??

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #582 on: October 09, 2009, 08:22:02 AM »

hubby playing Rainbow Six: Vegas.  I guess he is doing the terrorist hunt on Realistic (?) and....it is not going well

He should try the slots  Wink

Cthulhu

« Reply #583 on: October 10, 2009, 03:33:42 AM »

He should try the slots  Wink
Yeah, yeah. I'm hoping to do some sluts, too. Yeah. Do they have a lot of sluts in Las Vegas?
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #584 on: October 10, 2009, 08:35:17 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 133
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What Video Games Are You Playing? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.