Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:12:40 PM
714238 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What Video Games Are You Playing? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 133
Author Topic: What Video Games Are You Playing?  (Read 825140 times)
Torgo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #600 on: October 26, 2009, 04:27:22 AM »

I started playing through Final Fantasy XII again on the PS2 yesterday.  Near brilliant gameplay even if the story/characters are kind of blah.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #601 on: October 27, 2009, 09:42:26 AM »

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 is hard LOL.  I thought the bosses were bad, now they're throwing TWO bosses at me at once!  I've got to replay this chapter and try to conserve enough health powerups to stand a chance.  You have to build your skill up to such a high level that normal foes, who seemed pretty challenging in the previous chapter, are just like lunch meat in a shredder now.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #602 on: November 01, 2009, 06:45:20 AM »

Thanks to my entries on the Name That Game thread, I restarted EVO: The Search for Eden.  Love the game, even if it is a little repetitive. 
Pilgermann

« Reply #603 on: November 03, 2009, 01:38:48 PM »

I found Close Combat , CC: A Bridge Too Far, CC III: The Russian Front, and CC: Invasion Normandy second hand for a little over $2 total!  I used to have The Russian Front but sold it several years ago because it was going for good money on eBay.  These are the discs with jewel cases only.  I'm sure I could still profit off of 'em but The Russian Front is such a cool game and I've never played the others.

Small | Large

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #604 on: November 04, 2009, 08:20:25 AM »

Got Gran Tourismo 4 on the PS2.  These racing games are so addictive!  At first the controls seemed really twitchy and difficult, but it takes a while to develop some skill with them.  Once you do it's very satisfying and fun.  You get money for competing in races, and use it to upgrade your car or buy a better car.  I upgraded my Toyota MR2 quite a bit, until it was somewhat competitive.  Each little thing you do makes a noticeable difference.  Now I just bought a Mustang GT, it's better with no modifications than the Toyota was with about $50 K in mod's.  And I even got to choose which color it would be - canary yellow  TeddyR  Now I'm starting to upgrade it.  Looking forward to eventually buying a Dodge Viper and a Corvette.  Once you get enough money you can eventually buy all kinds of exotic cars and full out race cars.  

So far I'm still on the beginner races, the first bunch of them I can win every time, so now I'm working on the second batch.  They're harder, but you can win more money.  There are tons and tons of races on real, professional tracks as well.  I usually finish in last place, buy about 40 seconds, on those.  You really have to get familiar with a track before you can be competitive, otherwise you're heading into hairpin turns at 120 mph, sliding way off the track, and by the time you get back on you can pretty much forget about it.  There's also a replay mode - after you finish a race, you can watch it as if it was on TV.  It's freakin' hilarious.  All these cars nicely staying on the track, not running into each other, and then this one insane screwball jumping curbs and slamming into everyone else!  I laughed my butt off.

- Paulo Coelho
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #605 on: November 06, 2009, 09:29:12 PM »

Here's the Viper I just bought in GT4:

I can race it, modify it, take pictures of it;  just as good as the real thing almost!  And it's paid for  TeddyR

- Paulo Coelho
Jim H

« Reply #606 on: November 07, 2009, 02:22:03 AM »

I just beat Fallout 3 on PC.  Good game.  It's not as good as the first two though.  The gameplay gets a little dull and repetitive by the end, the writing wasn't as good, and the ending was REALLY lackluster.  I also don't understand how they managed to make such sloppy conversation trees, something I haven't seen in any game made in the past decade.  For example, there's a bit very similar to a bit from the end of the original Fallout, where you can convince a character of the error of his ways and he will basically defeat himself.  But, I did this, and then I could talk to him again and make the game go in a different direction.  The conversation trees have no "memory" of what you've said previously, which blunts the importance of your choices a great deal.  It really takes away from the "role playing" feel of the game.  Well, along with the fact that you're given fewer choices about what you can do to begin with.

Ok, enough b***hing though.  The game has some quite good voice acting, a few good characters, most of the story telling is fairly compelling, and most of the time the gameplay was fun. 

I still haven't played all the extra content stuff (it didn't install correctly due to how incredibly glitchy and buggy the game is), but I gather one add-on alters the ending. I'll play through that, but taken as a game by itself, it is overall just barely an 8/10.
BTM

« Reply #607 on: November 07, 2009, 06:12:30 AM »

Lately, I've been a bit addicted to the original Sims which I bought three discs (Sims, Livin'Large, Hot Date) at a yard sale for $2.00.  It's one of those games I've heard a lot about but never got around to playing.  

I like it, but it seems lately the damn thing has been buggy as hell.  It's locked up a few times (and I don't mean the "total lock up" where you can do anything but reset, I mean the "nothing is moving, but you can still move the arrow around with your mouse but can't do anything else, not even go back to Windows, f**k you" type of lockup.)  Have run into some other bugs and crazy s**t I couldn't fix.  Been looking for some tech support docs, but since it's an old game, there's nothing really about it on the net anymore (they sequels have made it obsolete I suppose.)

Guess I need to look into seeing if I can play the second one on my computer (that or go back to playing one for the other games I got only halfway through and then got bored with for some reason or other.)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 01:37:48 PM by BTM » Logged

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Javakoala
« Reply #608 on: November 07, 2009, 08:43:19 AM »

I just beat Fallout 3 on PC.  Good game.  It's not as good as the first two though.  The gameplay gets a little dull and repetitive by the end, the writing wasn't as good, and the ending was REALLY lackluster.  I also don't understand how they managed to make such sloppy conversation trees, something I haven't seen in any game made in the past decade.  For example, there's a bit very similar to a bit from the end of the original Fallout, where you can convince a character of the error of his ways and he will basically defeat himself.  But, I did this, and then I could talk to him again and make the game go in a different direction.  The conversation trees have no "memory" of what you've said previously, which blunts the importance of your choices a great deal.  It really takes away from the "role playing" feel of the game.  Well, along with the fact that you're given fewer choices about what you can do to begin with.

Ok, enough b***hing though.  The game has some quite good voice acting, a few good characters, most of the story telling is fairly compelling, and most of the time the gameplay was fun. 

I still haven't played all the extra content stuff (it didn't install correctly due to how incredibly glitchy and buggy the game is), but I gather one add-on alters the ending. I'll play through that, but taken as a game by itself, it is overall just barely an 8/10.

I'm playing this on the PS3 and loving it. Gotta love the over-the-top critical hits where you pop a Super Mutant Brute with a 10mm round and it freaking explodes into a bloody mess.  Although, weird things do happen in this version as well. I was in Rivet City. A guard ran past me, popped open the armory door and then every guard on the ship descend on my butt and started shooting me. I was just walking through the room.  WTF?
Paquita

« Reply #609 on: November 07, 2009, 09:34:03 AM »

Lately, I've been a bit addicted to the original Sims which I bought three discs (Sims, Livin'Large, Hot Date) at a yard sale for $2.00).  It's one of those games I've heard a lot about but never got around to playing. 

I like it, but it seems lately the damn thing has been buggy as hell.  It's locked up a few times (and I don't mean the "total lock up" where you can do anything but reset, I mean the "nothing is moving, but you can still move the arrow around with your mouse but can't do anything else, not even go back to Windows, f**k you" type of lockup.)  Have run into some other bugs and crazy s**t I couldn't fix.  Been looking for some tech support docs, but since it's an old game, there's nothing really about it on the net anymore (they sequels have made it obsolete I suppose.)

Guess I need to look into seeing if I can play the second one on my computer (that or go back to playing one for the other games I got only halfway through and then got bored with for some reason or other.)

As a former Sims addict, I may be able to help!  I had that problem a lot too.  One of the fixes I found is that you need to install the games in the proper order for it to run more smoothly.  For you it would be the Sims, then Livin' Large and then Hot Date. Did you already install them in that order?  Hot Date seemed to cause problems for me.  It's kind of a buggy game.
BTM

« Reply #610 on: November 07, 2009, 01:43:58 PM »

As a former Sims addict, I may be able to help!  I had that problem a lot too.  One of the fixes I found is that you need to install the games in the proper order for it to run more smoothly.  For you it would be the Sims, then Livin' Large and then Hot Date. Did you already install them in that order?  Hot Date seemed to cause problems for me.  It's kind of a buggy game.

Actually, I did.  Haven't played it much since installing Hot Date though (think only once, just installed it a day or two ago.)  What I really hated was when I was out in downtown with some guy and I decided to buy some hot dogs, thinking maybe I could give a few to my friend.  Well, the guy just stood there for a bit like an idiot, so I'm like, "Er.. okay, I'll give it a sec.." But it still had the "Hot Dog" icon in the corner.  Then I sped up time and STILL nothing happened, people were still moving around (except my guy) but I wasn't doing anything.  Finally, I canceled the order and told it to do something else..

An "X" appeared on the hot dog icon, but NOTHING happened.  All the while, people are still moving around, my energy and other stats are slowly decreasing, and my friend is walking around.  I speed up time, and my character's energy went down to nothing, my friend got p**sed cause I was ignoring (sorry pal, I can't help it) and my guy STILL just freaking stood there.  The hotdog icon would NOT go away.

What really sucks is having to restart the whole damn computer.  I mean, I can see the game messing up, but when I have to reboot my computer, sometimes wrong there.  Dunno, this is why I quit playing Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion, even though it's an awesome game.  I could only get it to work when I did a clean boot, and after that, I had to restart the computer and reactivate all the stuff I had turned off previously.  It got to be too damn much of a hassle.

I guess that's the main reason console games are kicking the PC game market's ass all over town...

Bluesad
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 02:34:32 AM by BTM » Logged

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #611 on: November 08, 2009, 11:48:05 PM »

Here's my latest Gran Turismo 4 acquisition:

Nice little Ford GT40.  I got the Viper built up to 970 hp, but it just didn't handle very well.  The GT corners like it's glued to the road.  Even though it has a mere 686 hp, it seems to accelerate just as well as the Dodge.  It's not quite as fast in the top end, but I'm not done modifying the engine yet either  TeddyR

- Paulo Coelho
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #612 on: November 17, 2009, 12:39:15 PM »

dropple 24-7
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #613 on: November 20, 2009, 03:22:45 AM »

GTA 4
N Game BounceGiggle

yeah no.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #614 on: November 20, 2009, 08:22:01 AM »

Still playing Gran Turismo 4 on the PS2.  Got to this "license test" where I have to drive around the entire Nurburgring, which is 12 miles long and has around 100 corners, in less then 10 minutes, without sliding off the road a single time.  In this car with twitchy handling.  This is as much fun as a root canal.  I think I'll need to buy one of those steering wheel toys accessories in order to do it. 

Also got Gran Turismo 5 Prologue for the PS3.  It's sort of a demo of the full GT5 game which is coming out in March of next year.  It's pretty fun.  A much, much smaller game than GT4, but I'm having a good time with it  TeddyR

- Paulo Coelho
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 133
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What Video Games Are You Playing? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.