Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:12:10 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What Video Games Are You Playing? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 133
Author Topic: What Video Games Are You Playing?  (Read 821593 times)
Sleepyskull
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Well,well,well...

« Reply #660 on: February 13, 2010, 04:44:57 PM »

I have become re-addicted to Pokemon: Special Pikachu Edition for the GameBoy Color. I have not played it for about 8-10 years but due to the recent snowstorm (I live in Maryland) I was looking for something to do and I came across it. This time I intend to beat it and get every Pokemon I possibly can.

Humanity takes itself too seriously. It is the world`s original sin. - Oscar Wilde
wickednick
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #661 on: February 15, 2010, 08:26:43 AM »

Playing Dantes Inferno. Pretty good game better than I thought. Basically it plays like God of War, while being very loosely based on the poem. I've read the poem many times Its always been one of my favorite classical works. While I think this game is fun I think a survival horror style game would have worked better with this concept, would have kept the story intact as well.

Smells like popcorn and shame
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #662 on: February 15, 2010, 11:40:53 AM »

GTA IV, Assassins Creed 2, GH2 (i'm trying to play well  Lookingup)

yeah no.
Jim H

« Reply #663 on: February 17, 2010, 12:25:53 AM »

The new AVP for PC.  Loved the last two PC games, and I even own the Jaguar game.  So far, it's enjoyable and multiplayer is good.  But, evidently, I encountered a bug and can't continue in the singleplayer game.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #664 on: February 17, 2010, 07:27:16 AM »

The new AVP for PC.  Loved the last two PC games, and I even own the Jaguar game.  So far, it's enjoyable and multiplayer is good.  But, evidently, I encountered a bug and can't continue in the singleplayer game.

On the PS3, the demo for that game didn't even work.  It was online multiplayer, but it wouldn't match you up with any other players  Lookingup

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Javakoala
« Reply #665 on: February 17, 2010, 10:19:53 PM »

On the PS3, the demo for that game didn't even work.  It was online multiplayer, but it wouldn't match you up with any other players  Lookingup

It really isn't that interesting. I played it and the areas are rather confined and it is heavily weighed against certain character types.  I played it for 20 minutes on the PS3 and hated it with a passion. The fact there are few people available to play it online on the PS3 is a testament to it's worthlessness.
Jim H

« Reply #666 on: February 18, 2010, 03:01:55 AM »

It really isn't that interesting. I played it and the areas are rather confined and it is heavily weighed against certain character types.  I played it for 20 minutes on the PS3 and hated it with a passion. The fact there are few people available to play it online on the PS3 is a testament to it's worthlessness.

PS3 version had matchmaking issues (in the early stages it almost never could find anyone, supposed to be better now) and bugs in the demo.  The game actually has a pretty good sized playerbase on the 360 and PC for only being out a couple days.  The demo was also a poor showing of the game, being free for all and a small map.  There are huge maps in the full version.  I'd also add the game has a significant learning curve for an FPS these days, particularly in melee and even more so if you haven't played the previous games in the series. 

I wouldn't say, at this point, that I think it is a better game than AVP2 (it certainly lacks that games polish, at least).  But, I do find it enjoyable - single player is worth it just for the random mythos stuff they added and Lance Henriksen returning again to Aliens stuff. 

Also, I must add that suggesting a game not having a playerbase means it is bad is the same thing as saying a low-grossing movie must be bad.  The two are not always related.
3mnkids

« Reply #667 on: February 25, 2010, 09:43:21 AM »

Bayonetta~~ It looks fantastic but I hate the music. It also has parts that are extremely difficult and its irritating the crap out of me.

Dragon age origins~ just got it yesterday and was only able to play for a little bit(darn kids wanting a turn)  TeddyR  but I like it so far.

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Jim H

« Reply #668 on: February 25, 2010, 05:01:53 PM »

Bayonetta~~ It looks fantastic but I hate the music. It also has parts that are extremely difficult and its irritating the crap out of me.

It's also probably the most obnoxiously oversexed game I've ever seen, which is impressive considering I've played a few hentai games.
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #669 on: February 25, 2010, 07:17:23 PM »

Star Wars Battlefront 2.  I really enjoy the game, but I wish the A.I. put up more of a fight against me.  I stood in a very visible spot most of the time in one area as a sniper and nobody ever shot at me.  Morons and fools!

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #670 on: February 25, 2010, 10:23:51 PM »

Been trying to up my hi-score on Galaga.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
3mnkids

« Reply #671 on: February 27, 2010, 09:04:00 AM »

It's also probably the most obnoxiously oversexed game I've ever seen, which is impressive considering I've played a few hentai games.

yes, it is..   Buggedout

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #672 on: February 27, 2010, 09:29:05 AM »

NFS underground.

yeah no.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #673 on: February 27, 2010, 09:46:40 AM »

I was sort of working on getting a platinum trophy on Need For Speed Shift, but I'm getting so sick of that game.  To get all the stars for each race, you have to do stuff like get 1,800 points, and the only way to do that is to make every race into a freakin' demolition derby, because you get extra points for running into other cars.  And all the drift races just suck, and there's a huge pile of them.  Even if I win by 1,000 points, they're still not any fun.  I think I did all the fun racing stuff in my first playthgough, and all that's left to get the additional trophies is a bunch of non-racing crap.  Running into everything and constantly trying to throw your car into a drift actually ends up making you a worse driver, which is exactly the opposite of what a racing game should do.

I dunno, time to start on something new.  Maybe Bioshock.  Or maybe Condemned 2:  Bloodshot.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Jim H

« Reply #674 on: March 01, 2010, 09:32:45 PM »

I got my copy of Battle Kid.  Played that for like two hours today.  It's fun, and quite well made, but very frustrating. 

For those not in the know, it's a new NES platformer - released on cartridge, at that.  Apparently it's the first complete new platformer on the NES in about 15 years - since Sunday Funday, IIRC. It's currently sold out, but you can buy it here:

http://www.retrousb.com/product_info.php?cPath=23&products_id=86

Trailer:

Small | Large

There's also a ROM for play on emulators of a demo version out there. 

Game plays sorta like a cross between Metroid, Mega Man, and the home made ultra-hard 2D side scroller, I Wanna Be The Guy.  $36 shipped, which is reasonable considering cart production costs.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 133
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What Video Games Are You Playing? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.